A small complaint regarding rp'ing

paceboys

Reaction score
On BB you can build what you want because it's Creative, on JtE you need to collect materials to build.

My suggestion would be a seperate roleplay chat channel.
This.
This is ALSO the reason i enjoy pvping on buildbox occasionally. JtE: You get grouped and no one plays fairly, and no one wants to.
AoD: Kits.
TnT: Not the vanilla iron armor diamond sword steak pvp that im talking about.
BB: Proper items, lose nothing to death, everyone can watch, spawn in weapons/armor.

Prizyms

あんたバカァ~!?
Mafia Host
Reaction score
BuildBox's name is probably taken from 'build' and 'sandbox'. In a sandbox, you can do practically anything, and we're not here to limit you from doing that. I'm all for having project chat back for use when users do not wish to clog the main chat (why was it removed?) and having PvP enabled in the flatland as long as the server does not become a silly survival roleplay server.

nitasu987

Reaction score
I personally get annoyed when people (especially new players) make restaurants, etc and spam the chat and pester those who are working on their own builds about buying something from their establishment. I personally have wanted to make a Horse racing track for when 1.6 comes to BB, and make a PVP arena like on Wii Sports Resort 2.

Reactions: Pikmon2
W

Wimali

I would just want it so people can create their own little 'chat rooms'. This would also make them able to scream in caps and spam at eachother without operators getting mad or other people seeing this, or generally anyone getting annoyed.

Notme

Self-Aware Forum AI
Reaction score
Website
escaperestart.com
On BB you can build what you want because it's Creative, on JtE you need to collect materials to build.

My suggestion would be a seperate roleplay chat channel.
This.
This is ALSO the reason i enjoy pvping on buildbox occasionally. JtE: You get grouped and no one plays fairly, and no one wants to.
AoD: Kits.
TnT: Not the vanilla iron armor diamond sword steak pvp that im talking about.
BB: Proper items, lose nothing to death, everyone can watch, spawn in weapons/armor.
Apparently its bug in Terrain map.
Jubjubers said that.
Nillbugwtw can you confirm that?

Friendy

SMP Overlord & Events Manager
Admin
Donor
Survival Staff
Reaction score
BuildBox's name is probably taken from 'build' and 'sandbox'. In a sandbox, you can do practically anything, and we're not here to limit you from doing that. I'm all for having project chat back for use when users do not wish to clog the main chat (why was it removed?) and having PvP enabled in the flatland as long as the server does not become a silly survival roleplay server.
It was named BuildBox as the server originally had box plots. You would then build in your 'box', hence the name BuildBox. One thing that I find a little annoying is that players use BuildBox to pvp, the server is a Build server, if you want to pvp either complain to the respective servers Director(s) and try to suggest an idea, find a seperate server or create your own!

I would just want it so people can create their own little 'chat rooms'. This would also make them able to scream in caps and spam at eachother without operators getting mad or other people seeing this, or generally anyone getting annoyed.
If we were to check the chat via IRC, we'd rather not see it flooded with irritable spamming of caps, inappropriate words and whatnot.

• Agree
Reactions: Jayfeather

Prizyms

あんたバカァ~!?
Mafia Host
Reaction score
If we were to check the chat via IRC, we'd rather not see it flooded with irritable spamming of caps, inappropriate words and whatnot.
We've not had a CraftIRC bot for almost a month, so the IRC argument is irrelevant now.

Nillbugwtw Damer_Flinn Thoughts so far on a possible return for project chat for people's roleplaying needs?

Friendy

Admin
Donor
Survival Staff
Reaction score
We've not had a CraftIRC bot for almost a month, so the IRC argument is irrelevant now.

Nillbugwtw Damer_Flinn Thoughts so far on a possible return for project chat for people's roleplaying needs?

If they have needs, why must they use a server that isn't intended for that?

nitasu987

Reaction score

Because some/most humans are lazy and don't want to set up a server. At least, that's my opinion.

paceboys

Reaction score

Damer_Flinn

Resident Asha'man
Reaction score

I'll need to look into how the chat system we're using works, but it should be simple enough to create a semi-private channel for rp'ing.

Hockeyfan1852

Reaction score

Because some/most humans are lazy and don't want to set up a server. At least, that's my opinion.
Just saying if you set up a server you can only put it up if the person is online and the ip changes unless you pay for it. Also my opinion on this is why would builders care if people are role playing on a separate channel, I personally don't like role playing but there will continue to be people that do. So, my point is Role players still build and enjoy themselves and with a different channel they won't bother anyone else. As for PvP, if it doesn't go overboard or everyone online doesn't mind people PvP'ing then why not? People are still building and enjoying the server. That is my opinion on the matter.

Friendy

Admin
Donor
Survival Staff
Reaction score

I'll need to look into how the chat system we're using works, but it should be simple enough to create a semi-private channel for rp'ing.

Correct me if I am wrong, but we use HeroChat? So you could simply create a channel named "roleplay"

nitasu987

Reaction score
Maybe.... A separate PvP World and Roleplay world? With separate chatrooms? If that's even possible? I think that's the best way to go if we don't want to make other servers. And Plus, Why not just go to AoD if you want to PvP? Seriously, BB isn't the place to pvp.

Nillbugwtw

Zombier than thou.
Community Admin
Donor
Reaction score

This, I wouldn't be opposed to something like /ch rp

Reactions: Duffie