A Machine For Pigs

HarmakAnna

Reaction score
I first read that as "A Machine of Pigs". Anyways, you better get it so you can play it in the middle of the night while me, Ross, and a couple others watch, just like Amnesia during the ice storm!

Then I'll play it.

Duderox999

Reaction score
I first read that as "A Machine of Pigs". Anyways, you better get it so you can play it in the middle of the night while me, Ross, and a couple others watch, just like Amnesia during the ice storm!

Then I'll play it.
What I'll end up doing is either
A. Public LP on Youtube
B. Private Screenshare+Voicechat On Skype
C. Have you all come over again
Dunno what I'll do yet though :p

HarmakAnna

Reaction score
I vote A and C. That way, we can guest commentate, freak out Ross, and get famous all at the same time!

Now, back on topic, I'll probably end up buying the game and playing it at midnight with all the lights turned off while my cats make footstep noises when I am half asleep every night, which will probably give me heart problems from screaming silently quite often.

Or I might not play it like 15 games that I got in January and haven't played yet.

trngl3087

Reaction score
I didn't get to play Amnesia completely blind. I'm excited for this. I hope it's a lot less linear than the first (the picture of the city makes me think it might be).

Duderox999

Reaction score
So, Uh... Just got Amnesia, realized that the non-Onlive version allows for custom stories... :3
Played 4 so far, finished 2, they are spectacular.

Duffie

Reaction score
Website
duffieshirayuki.deviantart.com
Well... I won't be playing it, that's for sure.

I do want PewDiePie to play it, though. :3

Also;

Source: http://pewdiepie.net/index.php?page=Thread&threadID=480
Gustav said:
I know you are busy so I will be succinct. I heard you are making "Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs" less scary. I beg you not to do this. Amnesia was successful because it was a masterpiece of fear. Please stay true to your roots and continue to make the scariest games of all time. I loved Amnesia with all my heart and I hope that you make the best games possible in the future (hopefully the scariest). Best wishes and good luck.
-Gustav

Their response:

Dear Gustav,

One should not pay too much attention to rumors .

If it would have been a less scary Amnesia it would have been called "Amnesia: A trip to rainbowland" or perhaps "Amnesia: A machine for cookie baking". Our dear collaborators, Chinese Room, has gone to great length to conjure up the most disturbing and repulsive subtitle for a game yet. There is nothing friendly, cuddly or cozy about a machine for pigs. Men do not make machines that play with pigs, or sing cute songs for pig. No, there are only horrible and terrifying implications with this kind of machinery.

But please do continue with the conviction that A Machine for Pigs will be a nice and mellow experience. When it becomes a available on a dark and stormy night this coming fall, do let your guard down. Do think as you boot the game that this will be nothing to worry about. Put out all lights and play it in your damp and gloomy basement, far away from any kind of comfort, convinced that your are in for an relaxing trip.

You will then be unprepared for what will hit you, and will perhaps never dare to start your computer ever again, fearful of coming close to that machine. Your dreams will be filled with creaking machinery, the desperate cries of pigs, the rattle of chains and the dreadful feeling of something unspeakable is watching you from beyond. That is when you will regret thinking that A Machine for Pigs would be not a very scary experience.

Have a nice day!

Regards,

Thomas Grip
Frictional Games

Iguana

lmao i have a title
Reaction score
Mother fucker, I saw they teamed up with thechineseroom and prepared myself for Iguana livestream extravaganza.
Nobody saw me play Amnesia. I was scared shitless.
OHBOY, THE GUYS WHO MADE DEAR ESTHER, PLUS THE AMNESIA GUYS

ALL THE AMBIENCE

Reactions: Jayfeather