A few marketing points.

digi

-
Donor
Contributor
Reaction score
An About page.
What are we about? We are basically a product, so tell people what makes our community unique. Create a general explanation outlining our history and what we offer. I feel that the community admins should write a little about themselves in the About page so they come off a bit more approachable.

Mafia and Survivor should branch out to other forums. Attracting other people to join our community and play.

I think that the gaming section needs to change the threads to genres and subgenres of games. Such as Shooter, Action-Adventure, Adventure, Role-Playing, Strategy and Sports.

Twitch and other forms of streaming.
If you have a stream, link us. I will most likely subscribe to your channel because I like watching games. I would hope that other people of this community will support EscRes streamers.

Changing the background and style of Escape Restart logo.
Utilise the Creative Corner. Change it up every now and then.

Focusing on what’s “Hot”.
Having people review popular console/pc games adds more content to our forums. Escape Restart is suppose to be a gaming community. Use the homepage news to report on upcoming games. Assign a few moderators to report on games from the past, present and future.

Should app games be included in our forums?

Use Twitter and hashtags!
It is not that hard to gather people through hashtags. #FirstGameYouPlayed #FavGameQuote #CLGWin.

Last edited:

Psycho

Insufficient Data
Donor
Reaction score
Great Suggestions! I'll toss my opinions about them here.

An About page.
What are we about? We are basically a product, so tell people what makes our community unique. Create a general explanation outlining our history and what we offer. I feel that the community admins should write a little about themselves in the About page so they come off a bit more approachable.
I'd love to see this, though I don't know if we'd have space for an "About" link on the bar at the top. But still, this would be great to show of history of the Community and current information about it all in one page. Also, what are you talking about Admins not being approachable?! You got a problem with us or something? I swear I'm not crazy. :]

Mafia and Survivor should branch out to other forums. Attracting other people to join our community and play.
This would require the current players that focus on these forums to initiate contact with others people who enjoy Mafia, Survivor, and other RP style games. And of course it would be great to have them introduce new people to the Community so I'm open to that. So, if they require anything from us then feel free to say so!

I think that the gaming section needs to change the threads to genres and subgenres of games. Such as Shooter, Action-Adventure, Adventure, Role-Playing, Strategy and Sports.
This can be easily done, but at the same time I feel that it may get busy. Also, I feel that some of the genres/subs may go unused because when you look at the General Discussions forum (http://escaperestart.com/forum/forums/general-discussion.327/) you only see at least two pages of current threads within 2015. But yeah, I see the importance of setting gaming style categories instead of just having a few threads focused on a few games.

Twitch and other forms of streaming.
If you have a stream, link us. I will most likely subscribe to your channel because I like watching games. I would hope that other people of this community would support EscRes streamers.
I wish we had streamers on here or people willing to stream their game for the hell of it. If we already do then say so!

Changing the background and style of Escape Restart logo.
Utilise the Creative Corner. Change it up every now and then.
Definitely. Please. If you guys have suggestions then I'm sure there could be a proper submissions thread for this! Though I think the image would have to be 1920x1080+ and related to gaming of course.

Having people review popular console/pc games adds more content to our forums. Escape Restart is suppose to be a gaming community. This means people have to adhere to seeing the odd League of Legends post on the homepage. BUT there should also be other games to talk about.
Honestly, I like the idea, but this requires people who are passionate enough to talk about certain games and give their own opinion on it, etc. I'm sure there are a few people in this Community who can do that, but there has to be consistency and effort (and more!) if such things were to be reviewed and posted on the front page.
One example that I remember reading was this one from QubeTheOptimist - http://escaperestart.com/forum/threads/dark-souls.17982/
He posted content about the game, his opinion, and a bit of a walkthrough and types scenarios that you encounter during the game.
If we had this idea of "What's Hot" or "Games that I like" type of thing back then then this would have been posted up in the front page.

Use the homepage news to report your own personal gaming experience. Preferably with an MMO game that the community can join. We have a ton of forum moderators with some gaming expertise. Use them!
Didn't read this bit until now -- I think it would be the same as my previous answer. And if the Admins like this idea then why not? I guess what's required is that the person make a thread with content related to the game and their opinion on why they like this game and why everyone should join in and play with them. And if we really push this whole Gaming Community type of thing then any type of game from Apps to PC games can be talked about-- As long as they're appropriate.

Should app games be included in our forums?
Do you guys really want to go into this as well? I'm sure that we all play a lot of games our phones. And I bet a few have played the mobile version of Agario already.

Use Twitter and hashtags!
It is not that hard to gather people through hashtags. #FirstGameYouPlayed #FavGameQuote #CLGWin.
#WeReallyNeedASocialAdvertiserGamerThatCanOnlyFocusOnAdvertisingAndKeepingSocialAspectsOfThisCommunityUpToDateAnyTakers?

Overall, I like these suggestions! Hopefully we can actually implement most of these and make them successful. What we really need though, is you guys. The people that will generate the content necessary for all of this to work out. Of course we're here too, just tell us what you need and we'll try to work things out!

digi

-
Donor
Contributor
Reaction score
Also, what are you talking about Admins not being approachable?! You got a problem with us or something? I swear I'm not crazy. :]
Absolutely not c:
That suggestion is just a way for new people to get an idea of your personalities. Have a small bio of yourselves accompanied with your minecraft character. Maybe place it in the Rules and Information section?

Summarising this, it does seem that the biggest obstacle is trying to recruit and sustain reliable people. I'd love to do Twitter as I have NO shame about what hashtags to post or which gaming personality to reach out (desperately) too.

Last edited:

Vatumok

Former CA
Reaction score
All really good ideas, hoping at least some of them get implemented.
I'm still a bit sceptical about going to a full on gaming community at this point in time. I don't feel we have the resources to support many games at the moment. First all minecraft server should be in order and with support for a few extra games (like league). If with advertising the community grows we can slowly branch out to other games.

superhalo6

Reaction score
Honestly, I like the idea, but this requires people who are passionate enough to talk about certain games and give their own opinion on it, etc. I'm sure there are a few people in this Community who can do that, but there has to be consistency and effort (and more!) if such things were to be reviewed and posted on the front page.
One example that I remember reading was this one from QubeTheOptimist - http://escaperestart.com/forum/threads/dark-souls.17982/
He posted content about the game, his opinion, and a bit of a walkthrough and types scenarios that you encounter during the game.
If we had this idea of "What's Hot" or "Games that I like" type of thing back then then this would have been posted up in the front page.
I heard someone mentioned Dark Souls.

But I have 50 games in steam, so I could keep something like that going for a while + Whatever games I have played in the past.

Enderfive

sarcasm incarnate
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Mafia is already strongly established as a forum game elsewhere on the internet and there are quite a few well-known sites that are intended just for playing Mafia, so I don't think that'd be an effective selling point. Survivor, on the other hand, is something I have not seen done anywhere other than here, so this could very well be an interesting and unique forum game that we could share elsewhere as well.

Don't really have anything else to say on the post at the moment.

Reactions: Infected_alien8_

Catcocomics

Reaction score
http://blocktopia.net/forum/threads/splatoon.18698/
The game is 'hot' and new and overall just very good and popular, yet hardly anyone seems to care about it here (except for a select few).

I also have a youtube, but I've only managed to upload two or three videos successfully, which I really want to fix when it becomes fixable for me.

[edit] also, as far as recruiting new members, I've posted a plan/project of mine for the very-near future that could totally help for that (as long as we don't mind that a bunch of these people will be squid-kids).
Just give me the signal, and I'll see what I can do.
But just to be clear, I don't want to send a wave of inklings into our midst without knowing that we're ready for them.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: paceboys and digi

Scrable

Reaction score
http://blocktopia.net/forum/threads/splatoon.18698/
The game is 'hot' and new and overall just very good and popular, yet hardly anyone seems to care about it here (except for a select few).

I also have a youtube, but I've only managed to upload two or three videos successfully, which I really want to fix when it becomes fixable for me.

[edit] also, as far as recruiting new members, I've posted a plan/project of mine for the very-near future that could totally help for that (as long as we don't mind that a bunch of these people will be squid-kids).
Just give me the signal, and I'll see what I can do.
But just to be clear, I don't want to send a wave of inklings into our midst without knowing that we're ready for them.
I wouldn't be so sure about that. I'm interested in that game, but I do not own it, at the same time I read somewhere about a "Splatoon mode" for Minecraft, which could be actually the 'hot' thing you are searching.
I also think that we need to expand the range of games, which are featured here. Only problem, I don't know what games that would be, and which would actually fit in here, except if it doesn't matter anymore.
Maybe collecting ideas for games and than let everyone vote in a poll. The only requirements it would have to meet is, that it is still active and has a solid playerbase.

Timdood3

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Sure, this could attract some now people, but that doesn't necessarily mean that they will go to other areas of the community.
It's entirely possible to play mafia and survivor here and ignore everything else. Evidence: me.

digi

-
Donor
Contributor
Reaction score
Sure, this could attract some now people, but that doesn't necessarily mean that they will go to other areas of the community.
It's entirely possible to play mafia and survivor here and ignore everything else. Evidence: me.
True.
What's wrong with having people be part of one or two parts of the forums? :/