A /dead command?

Status
Not open for further replies.

fireball0409

Reaction score
So I was wondering if the server could have a /dead command. I have been thinking of this for sometime and decided to give it a go. Well, what does this command do? Well, someone could simply type in /dead and it will show all of the infected players. Just like the /left command shows who is left. I have noticed players ask "Who is a zombie" or things like that and we could tell them to type /dead. We have /players and /who but it does not work for zombies. Just want to know what you all think about it. :)

JKangaroo

Your Local, Neighborhood Marsupial
Reaction score
I like the command, mainly because /players does not work, and I always seem to have a moment when I need to know someones name, and i'm a zombie and cannot do the /player command.

It's not very needed though IF the /players command gets fixed. Good suggestion though.

Damer_Flinn

Resident Asha'man
Reaction score
Listings has had a look at the /players command, but can't seem to find the cause of the error. So I think adding a command to see the other half of the players would be useful until a solution can be found. That said, "dead" would not be a good name for the command since during a powerpill it would show human names. (/left shows zombie names during powerpill)

• Agree
Reactions: Willchill

fireball0409

Reaction score
Damer_Flinn said:
Listings has had a look at the /players command, but can't seem to find the cause of the error. So I think adding a command to see the other half of the players would be useful until a solution can be found. That said, "dead" would not be a good name for the command since during a powerpill it would show human names. (/left shows zombie names during powerpill)

Then it could be a new name but still same action. Some suggestions, /eaten, /infected, like minecrafter1414 said /nommed. If you have some more ideas, post them away.

Damer_Flinn

Resident Asha'man
Reaction score
In this case I'd like to keep it to one command. (and Gasy_Europeon that would've been /humanspp /zombiesnopp to catch the correct groups, which would just make it more confusing) I was thinking of something more along the lines of "/hunters", but that doesn't seem to fit just right either.

JKangaroo

Your Local, Neighborhood Marsupial
Reaction score
Seeing the problem, I don't think a single command can work around problem of the no-powerpill and powerpill options.
The best course of action I think to implement this is that we should just rework the whole system, and changing the /left command to two new commands: /humans and /infected (or any other acronyms to make the command shorter and easier while in play)
We could even discover the problem of the /who /player bug along the way.

Jowe

Giver of Pancakes
Reaction score
Damer_Flinn I could only think of /hunters as well. Haha - What about /taken ( just thinking if the players are /left, then the other players have been /taken? It doesn't fit that well either i know. )

ethical1337

Don't choose the easy path just because its easy
Reaction score
We were thinking of a single command that would cover both. As in regular game play or during powerpill. A command that switches its meaning when zombies are the ones running or when humans are.

Status
Not open for further replies.