3run

freebiez

Reaction score
Name of map : 3run
Creator(s) : freebiez
Dimensions : 64x64x64
Round Time : 10 minute standard
Diggable depth of the map : players (0), op's+ (3)
Physics : (off) standard
Which server did you build your map on? : '[Caznowl] Freebuild and Map Making'
Number of secrets : real (1), fake (2)
.lvl file : http://www.mediafire.com/?ykjhnr39ndxrbh0
Description of map. : (Optional)
Screenshots of map : different types of jump courses, all at different difficulties, most lead to the same location others are easier to get to. there are several fake (and annoying) secrets within the map along with a spleef section and a trap. this map is mainly for running so will give zombies a big upper hand.

this is my first map so any comments on how to improve or peoples opinions are appreciated, thanks :)

Hahaha00000

Reaction score
Not very impressive, in my opinion
This map is no different from any other runner maps, except for less content.
Also it's all stone. Is it op_stone ?

freebiez

Reaction score
should be i haven't made anything before so pretty clueless, and i tried to keep it spaced out instead of filling it all up

freebiez

Reaction score
ty pace, i doubt it is, it started of as a test map and i thought i would id upload it :)

thatclaasguy

Reaction score
I find the creative obstacles interesting. But yeah like Pace and Peli said, You should add a lot more courses to it if you want a fully functional effective runner map and also make sure that if you're using stone as your main material, make sure it is /op_stone. I also suggest that you op_air the entire map to prevent people from cheating the courses. You could also maybe even add decorations to give the map more of a vibe to it e.g. patterns on the walls e.t.c. Good Luck :p

James81818

Dat Lsmp Op
Reaction score
I think this map has quite a bit of potential, though there are some times you should consider.

Time to make a list c:

1) Do you want op_stone or just the normal runner map blocks. Personally I think op_stone would be better. More unique and different than other runner maps.

2) Will it be op air

3) What more will you add to it. It seems slightly incomplete at the minute and needs a little bit more stuff added to it

4) Are the walls reachable

For a first map, it is pretty good though! Good luck with it!

freebiez

Reaction score
thanks for the sum up james, i think what ill probably do now is get the course and what ever changes that needs doing and great a new map instead of modifying this one, maybe add some new ideas to it aswell :)

MarsKid

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Sorry, but I'm in agreement with Haha on this one. It's not impressive, and definitely not original. There are so many runner maps on the server that we really don't need more, especially when they all decide to copy off of adminiumantics. The only thing special here is that it's made of stone, which will cause a lot of glitching I can assure you. Also, runner maps, from my experience, don't take much time to make. Place blocks in a path at set intervals and then you have something to submit. Many other people will say this, since they always do. To avoid that, try and stray away from the random block placing and try setting a theme in your map. That's why people like Bootcamp and Basictraining, since they have a 'theme', and are unique in the sense of how they are laid out. This doesn't have much to say for itself. Sorry, but I don't think it's good enough as it is now.