Accepted 3nd3rslayer moderator application

3nd3rslayer

Reaction score
Username: 3nd3rslayer

Timezone: GMT+1

How many hours can you contribute per week?: Around 4-6 hours per week and in vacations 0

Previous Staffing Experience: none

Why do you want to be staff?: I'd like to help keep the server clean by enforcing the rules and help new players.

What qualities do you believe you would bring to the staff team?: I have good communication skills that can also be used as ways to help people, I consider myself quite motivated and tend to be friendly. My main weakness is my limited experience in staffing but hopefully with time as a moderator this can be solved

Additional Notes: My goal is to make this server more popular by telling friends about it and as a ref I have Vatumok

Vatumok

Former CA
Reaction score
Hey 3nd3rslayer, thanks for applying!

I'd like to start off that your enthousiasm and dedication to AoD is something I absolutely admire, especially now we have a rather inactive staff team. Above that I think you come over very friendly to the players. I think those 2 qualities are one of the most important things to grow into a great staff member and that's why I want to give you a trial.

I still think you can improve in some areas, sometimes you seem a bit unconfident. You often seek validation or need to explain the obvious because you are afraid of being seen in a negative manner. You shouldn't worry so much about that because I can definitely judge your character without that. Furthermore I think you can come over a bit immature and inexperienced but I really think this will improve over time and most of the time you act very respectable. With proper training you will probably become a really good moderator.

+1 for moderator trial.

Vatumok

Former CA
Reaction score
3nd3rslayer I'd like to make an addition to my previous post.

Since you've applied (or just before) I've noticed that your behaviour has changed and that you are right now basically sucking up to all the staff members of AoD. I really think this is mainly caused by your enthusiam for staffing and friendliness, which are really good things, but honestly I think you are taking it way too far. Lately you've been praising and thanking us to the point it's starting to become off-putting as it doesn't seem genuine anymore. Judging from your personalliy before I know friendliness is a trait and I am perfectly able to notice that about your character without you having to overdo it. I think it's important that you respect the staff members but it's wrong when you think they are basically gods, we rather want you stand equal and be able to possibly hold a different position than the rest of the staff.

I'n not changing my vote but I think it's important that this gets considered into the final decision. I want you to go back to your old friendly self without having to overpraise the staff as we are also not perfect.

3nd3rslayer

Reaction score
Hello Vatumok!

I'd like to thank you for pointing this out because if you didn't I would have probably continued to be this way until it was too late. You also made me realise that all mods are equal and that I should be starting to act like a mod so I should stop seeing them as a totally different rank.

I thank you again for making me realise this and I promise I'll be more natural by mods ( still having a certain level of respect but definetly not as high as now) and that I'll start considering them the same level as me.

kind regards,
3nd3rslayer

Reactions: Fragile

3nd3rslayer

Reaction score
Thanks for letting me know Mastersten.
I hope you get better soon and remind you that you should be in no hurry to answer.
I hope we can become fellow staff members,
3nd3rslayer

SalientGorilla

The Brutal Create Dictator
Reaction score
Hey 3nd, thanks for applying. I'm going to go with a 0 for this application. Mostly because although you're an active/helpful/friendly member in the community, I haven't seen you much on aod due to not many people coming in due to the update of 1.9. However, when I have seen you online, you have been a generally decent guy. I will keep an eye out on how you're doing. Hopefully when we get 1.9, you'll shine!

Good luck!

3nd3rslayer

Reaction score
Thanks Sal,
I am aware that and has not been active very recently but hopefully with the coming of 1.9 it'll get more popular. I'd like to thank you for replying to my application and hopefully Ill be able to prove myself worthy having some players on aod.
Thanks again, 3nd3rslayer

Mastersten

In Omnia Paratus
Reaction score
Alright since I'm still sick I will cast this anyway,

Ender you're a great guy however I feel that you're not yet ready for the task of being a staff member, vatumok has pointed out some pretty important stuff that could affect staffing (validation and explaining the obv).

Further you're a great and friendly guy but again as vat says, you're praising staff members so much that you're putting some of us in a nasty position where some of us feel the urge they got to vote a positive score.

Nevertheless I will give you a 0 BUT I wouldnt mind seeing you on trial.

3nd3rslayer

Reaction score
Hello Mastersten,
I'd like to thank you for answering to my application and I respect your decision.
I 'd also like to point out that after Vatumoks second post I have tried to be more natural around staff and also tried to act more like a mod by helping new players get started and keeping discussions from getting out of hand etc. and I think I have improved alot on this things.
Hopefully I'll keep on improving to the point of finally getting mod.
Get well soon,
3nd3rslayer

TheWalruz

Reaction score
Gotta say from personal experience, Slayer's a pretty cool dude (+ He's mature and not a single profanity escapes his lips).

*MakeAoDGreatAgain*
JK, not a Trump supporter...

Naoh

Scott Pilgrim
Reaction score
I'm going to base my opinion off of the mostly positive comments I've been reading in this thread. I've not been able to get on the server of late due to chronic dead laptop disease, a rare but crippling condition, ergo I have likely never seen you on the servers. Based off your posts and Vats honest opinion of you, I'm going to [BCOLOR=#00ff00]+1[/BCOLOR] your app because AoD can always use new blood, and it'd be nice to have someone fill the void of my activity on the server. I do not know if my opinion will actually matter, as like I said, I've not been able to see you for myself. However, I'll trust the head staffs judgement, and suggest that you go on trial.

Good luck, and thank you for your interest!

3nd3rslayer

Reaction score
Thanks Noah!

Thank you very much for replying and thanks for refing me!
I'd also like to tell you that for me all the mods opinions have the same value and your opinion means a lot to me.

Thanks again, 3nd3rslayer

Reactions: Naoh

Comp

AoD Dev and Admin!
Tech Lead
Community Admin
Admin
Developer
AoD Staff
Reaction score
Thanks for applying 3nd.
I always knew you were going to apply for a staff position on the server. Your enthusiasm is admirable, and you always seem eager to help out should any issue arise on the server. You also are active, which is very important for a staff role. Our staff team is quite small right now with active staff... and having an extra person on the team would really help.
However, there are some issues.
You do seem to be especially nice to staff since around a week before submitting your application, and is something Vatumok commented on. It has improved though for sure, and you are becoming more natural around staff, but still not as natural as how you are when only non staff are online.
However, I think you are still overdoing with trying to be staff. For example:
http://image.prntscr.com/image/c5fa508681cb47cca22eb58827cdbb51.png
Everyone is allowed to help out new players, not just staff or applying staff.
Another issue is, it seems that sometimes you try to deal with situations when nothing needs to be done, e.g. a joke between two friends and you tell them not to be rude.
Lastly, your application is really not as detailed as is required, looking at other applications would have greatly helped, and you didn't first get a staff reference first before posting.

Its a very difficult one to judge, because of the issues. However, I think you have promise.
I will be promoting you to a TrialMod, and will send you some information in a PM. Please try to correct the issues myself and Vatumok have highlighted, otherwise you will not pass your trial. Please ask a staff member if you are unsure of what to do in a certain situation.