2 suggestions: New building world and local chat.

Da Jinks

Political Nerd
Reaction score
So 2 suggestions: Add local chat and add a new building world, The Nether.

Why add local? Because I often want to discuss a certain build privately with people (dungeons, secret projects, etc.) and get tired of always having to message someone or say everything in main chat. Unless I'm mistaken it shouldn't be to hard to add, and would be very beneficial I believe.

Now for the other one, ever wanted to build something netherish, but tired of needing to completely need to terraform the full nether? Well, thats why I think it would be nice to have a building world that is the nether!

So yes, discuss <3

Zeus42000

Reaction score
So 2 suggestions: Add local chat and add a new building world, The Nether.

Why add local? Because I often want to discuss a certain build privately with people (dungeons, secret projects, etc.) and get tired of always having to message someone or say everything in main chat. Unless I'm mistaken it shouldn't be to hard to add, and would be very beneficial I believe.

Now for the other one, ever wanted to build something netherish, but tired of needing to completely need to terraform the full nether? Well, thats why I think it would be nice to have a building world that is the nether!

So yes, discuss <3
A nether world? Your a genius. Id love to see this! Finally i can get a wither skeleton.

Collosal

Reaction score
I would love to see a nether where people could build, local chat i'm not a huge fan of but that may just be me. It would definitely be a help and time saver so we didn't have to terraform with the random structure of the nether. :)

SparklyMuffinz

H2H: Here to Help
Reaction score
Da Jinks said:
I second this so hard

Mach9824

Destroyer of Worlds
Contributor
Reaction score
Da Jinks said:
I second this so hard
*cough* Teamspeak *cough* Private Messages *cough* Steam Messages.... should I go on?

Da Jinks

Political Nerd
Reaction score
Da Jinks said:
I second this so hard
*cough* Teamspeak *cough* Private Messages *cough* Steam Messages.... should I go on?
Not everyone has/wants to use TeamSpeak... Not everyone wants to go back and forth from Minecraft to the forums/IRC... Not everyone has/wants to get and use Steam...

Mach9824

Destroyer of Worlds
Contributor
Reaction score
I second this so hard
Not everyone has/wants to use TeamSpeak... Not everyone wants to go back and forth from Minecraft to the forums/IRC... Not everyone has/wants to get and use Steam...
Well I mean, I am trying to convey the point that a local chat is not entirely needed for there are MANY other alternatives already present both in and out of community to achieve the same purpose.

However, if something like this were to be implemented it would indeed be handy, however you would still run into the same problems that main chat has to some extent via people in proximity.

Instead I would recommend something along the lines of a group chat system; something were select people can read / type messages. Similar to a staff chat, except there would be an invite command to go along with this.

This would ultimately eliminate any unwanted readers, and confine the conversations to those people who are needed / wanted.

Venixu

Reaction score
Well I mean, I am trying to convey the point that a local chat is not entirely needed for there are MANY other alternatives already present both in and out of community to achieve the same purpose.

However, if something like this were to be implemented it would indeed be handy, however you would still run into the same problems that main chat has to some extent via people in proximity.

Instead I would recommend something along the lines of a group chat system; something were select people can read / type messages. Similar to a staff chat, except there would be an invite command to go along with this.

This would ultimately eliminate any unwanted readers, and confine the conversations to those people who are needed / wanted.
How about we just leave it at a Group Chat system, no need to bring in the dedicated plugins. No need to be so fussy about repeating what is known.

Nillbugwtw

Zombier than thou.
Community Admin
Donor
Reaction score
Nether world:
BuildBox
Citybuild starts ASAP! Check out the progress at /mvtp citybuild!
We're still in need of operator applications - remember that building skills aren't necessary(though helpful) to staff!
New building worlds may be coming in the near future.
As for the local chat, I'm still rather split on the issue, so I'll use that as a cop-out to make Damer answer that one.

Reactions: Da Jinks

Damer_Flinn

Resident Asha'man
Reaction score
I'm rather against local chat. I know that people would sometimes prefer to talk amongst themselves while on the server, or that some people would rather work in silence. But what I foresee with the addition of local chat on a server as wide-spread as BuildBox is that outside of little friend groups here and there the server will be dead silent. Dead being the key word there. People (despite what some claim at first) dislike servers with little to no chat. And because of the empty feel a server gains from that "lack" of chat gradually the server will become empty in truth.

Chocfudgemud

Reaction score
Well the nether sounds like a good idea and it would be epic to see someone make a huge nether fort

But if we ganna do the nether could we add in a pig world :D