C9++ - Game End - Mafia Win

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
I don't think this conversation is going anywhere to be honest, I don't think whether or not you found an error in fantome's line of reasoning is relevant to his alignment in this specific case and it's probably a waste of time trying to get it answered, because if he did make a mistake I think town les is likely to respond in this exact same way, and he'd probably do so as mafia too

The only thing I can think of worth considering is whether les responding to choco but not you says something about one of you being on his team and that explaining why he felt the need to respond to one but not the other but I town read both you and choco anyway personally

So whatever alignment he is I don't think this is relevant to figuring it out

I'm kind of on the fence about him right now tbh, on one hand his not pushing on his reads or being as aggressive is unusual but like I said it could be explained by being burnt from the last game. Also RE his not fighting back and averting questions, I don't particularly feel inclined to agree with choco that I wouldn't expect that from town fantome regardless of what happened last game, but I don't feel strongly about it either

Overall I'm on the fence with him right now, I'm still down to lynch him if nothing else comes up though

ernie138 any thoughts to share?

Alisha

Mafia Host
Mafia Mod
Reaction score
Alisha seems the most suspicious to me here, with her wanting to kill either Choco/Fantome, while also acknowledging the fact that they could be townie.
I just want to lynch somebody on Day 0 so we get more information, and as the day progresses and people say more it's already giving more information on how we read each other

so this always strikes me as odd like Alisha is sure that one of us is mafia and the other is a town but there are other possibilities here also like both of us being town or mafia
I never said that, I said lynching one of you two will give better reads on the person that's still alive

it's because i know that choco has a history of bandwagoning i even said this in the post you quoted
I can't believe I'm defending Choco, but he hasn't bandwagoned yet. You're bringing up meta accusations without acknowledging what's actually going on in the present game.

TheWeakGuy48_

Geezuslike
Donor
Mafia Host
Reaction score
I just want to lynch somebody on Day 0 so we get more information, and as the day progresses and people say more it's already giving more information on how we read each other
What information would you gain? If Fantome was lynched now, what reads would you gain from it? I'd argue that for most of the time, the day 0 lynch ends up being forgotten as the game moves forward.

Alisha

Mafia Host
Mafia Mod
Reaction score
What information would you gain? If Fantome was lynched now, what reads would you gain from it?
Reads on Choco, You, Tim, Inffy, and for everyone else, myself. Plus anything fantome says will be cleared post-mortem and we can look at the voting patterns and interactions between people with that in mind.

I'd argue that for most of the time, the day 0 lynch ends up being forgotten as the game moves forward.
Maybe that's why town's been on a losing streak lately? Hm?

• Agree
Reactions: TheWeakGuy48_

Timdood3

Mafia Host
Reaction score
What information would you gain? If Fantome was lynched now, what reads would you gain from it? I'd argue that for most of the time, the day 0 lynch ends up being forgotten as the game moves forward.
You're absolutely right about day zero lynches being less significant later in the game, but that's because there is more substance to arguments the later in the game it gets. Early lynches give us something to go on right now.

The longer the town goes without getting things going, the more time mafia gets to hang out, relax and shoot people.

• Thank You
Reactions: Alisha

Alisha

Mafia Host
Mafia Mod
Reaction score
So once again, I get that I'm taking an unpopular stance, but I'm okay with lynching just about anyone as long as they're not a town power role. Fantome softclaimed townie so at worst we're not losing a valuable role. At best it means we found a scum or SK.

Even if I'm admitting that lynching a vaniller townie is an acceptable risk, I don't want to just put my head in the sand and not do anything. Town should be proactive, not reactive.

• Agree
Reactions: Timdood3

Timdood3

Mafia Host
Reaction score
So once again, I get that I'm taking an unpopular stance, but I'm okay with lynching just about anyone as long as they're not a town power role. Fantome softclaimed townie so at worst we're not losing a valuable role. At best it means we found a scum or SK.

Even if I'm admitting that lynching a vaniller townie is an acceptable risk, I don't want to just put my head in the sand and not do anything. Town should be proactive, not reactive.
My name is Al Capone and I support this message.

Reactions: Alisha

Shadow_Hunter3

Shadow_Hunter3
Reaction score
also keep in mind there is a SKin this game so if anything we may need to find him first then the mafia
Scum reading fantome a bit cuz this, it feels like he said it with certainty and is trying to redirect attention.
And then this
honestly, you are reading too much into a comment I made when half asleep also I don't suspect anyone yet due to it being D1 although timdood jumping that comment and claiming I'm evil without asking my opinion on it is odd but could be just eagerness
not defending his post but just trying to make it look like we should just ignore it saying he was half asleep. When you're half asleep you have a big chance of making a slip cuz you dont pay attention that well. but thats what I think.

Also for the choco tim team, im not quite sure that they are. but they do seem a bit sus.

I town read Alisha a bit, she is a bit jumpy with the votes, but I feel like she's trying to get the game moving and votes who ever she thinks is most scummy.

For the rest its pretty stable.

But for now im fine with voting okx since afks dont contribute anything.

Vote okx

• Dislike
Reactions: TheWeakGuy48_