Please help my friends.

Tuna

Reaction score
First off, let me say that these are very dear friends of mine, and that they are being deported back to Argentina on wednesday, unless they can gather 3000 signatures on a petition. (They might still be deported, but its better than nothing).

Secondly, I don't care if this is against the rules, or If I receive a warning or infraction for posting this because its to benefit someone in real life, If I'm banned from the forums but some of you sign this petition, it will be well worth it.

They need a little less than 2000 signatures to reach the 3000 mark, and have already been spamming it on facebook. You all are the first community I thought of when trying to think of a large base of people who might sign this. Don't worry, all of your information (If you DO chose to sign it) is confidential and secure. just PLEASE help out the Flores family and sign this!

http://www.change.org/petitions/stop-deportation-of-flores-family-bring-them-together-for-holidays

It would really mean a lot to me, and obviously to this family, if you all can help. Thank you.

EDIT: PLEASE feel free to post this to other communities or places such as facebook or anything else, show it to your friends/family. I just checked the petition page and they jumped 200 since I posted this this morning, some of those were from you. THANK YOU!

Tuna

Reaction score
When they emigrated to the US in 2001, it was under a visa waiver, which has expired (10 years). However, they are unable to renew it because they have been accused of criminal activity in the States. (Not only them, many, MANY Argentinian families on visa's in miami are being deported, possibly because of violent groups in Argentina, among other things). I can understand why you'd like to know before signing something that could keep potentially dangerous or harmful people in the US, but I would personally vouch for their family, and I want to do everything I can to help them stay. Be that showing the petition link to you on the forums, or emailing it to random people.

Summer10

Reaction score
When they emigrated to the US in 2001, it was under a visa waiver, which has expired (10 years). However, they are unable to renew it because they have been accused of criminal activity in the States. (Not only them, many, MANY Argentinian families on visa's in miami are being deported, possibly because of violent groups in Argentina, among other things). I can understand why you'd like to know before signing something that could keep potentially dangerous or harmful people in the US, but I would personally vouch for their family, and I want to do everything I can to help them stay. Be that showing the petition link to you on the forums, or emailing it to random people.
Ok, signed, thanks for giving me the information!

Tuna

Reaction score
Thank you everyone who signed! It really does mean a lot to me to keep them here. I've known them since I entered my last school at grade 6, (6 years so far) and they are very truly one of the nicest, most caring, and thoughtful families I've ever met. If we can get to the 3000 petition signature mark their deportation case is reviewed in court and they can possibly stay longer/indefinitely.

Tuna

Reaction score
While I respect your decision, @Chillingworth , and I can understand what you may think, I disagree completely. These are some of the nicest people I have EVER met. They partially own a local pizza shop called Mario the Baker, and have been serving quality pizza and employing people for 8 years. And even if the father or mother WAS involved in criminal activity, they have 3 children. One was born here, who is 8. He would remain here without his family because they believe it would be a better life for him in the states. I can't live with myself thinking about sending this family back to Argentina. they have been close friends with me for 6 years now.