CAPITALISM MAFIA

Iggish

Reaction score
I don't think there was an explicit lie, but there are potential lies depending on how you interpret them. If it was about Oak, it was probably when me and Notty pointed out when he changed his story on why he thought his posts on Oak were similar.

He made a post, then said he realized it was the same as oak's.

Then, during our discussion/argument, I pointed out that his post was not in fact the same as oak's, and he said that the reason he thought his post was the same as oak's was because I said so and he just assumed it was true. So either he innocently forgot about the fact that he originally had already (falsely) identified that his post was similar to oak's and this contradiction was caused by that, or he's Mafia, can't keep up with the lies about his thoughts that he's told, so forgot about that post as a result of that.

Do you think that was it?
Yes, I think that was it, thanks. When I was reading through I would've believed you and notty over Aqua so I probably just automatically accepted that Aqua had just lied, when as you said, it's all about your opinion.

Iggish

Reaction score
Because I think both of you have kind of been tunnel visioning each other and looking for excuses to make the other look a bit scummier. The amount on intensity (imo) that you guys have displayed in your arguments makes me believe that one of you is lying and a mafia trying to get a town lynched.
What did you mean to write here? "too much of is game related"
What I said: The personal reason which I don't want to give away too much of is game related.
What I meant: The personal reason (of which I don't want to give too much away), is game related.

• Thank You
Reactions: Infected_alien8_

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Because I think both of you have kind of been tunnel visioning each other and looking for excuses to make the other look a bit scummier. The amount on intensity (imo) that you guys have displayed in your arguments makes me believe that one of you is lying and a mafia trying to get a town lynched.
Well if you think a townie is capable of tunnel-visioning (since you think we both tunnel visioned but only one is Mafia), why do you think two townies are unlikely to have tunnel-visioned each other?

Also for what it's worth I disagree that I tunnel visioned on him, if he actually gave responses to my points then I would have backed down but he didn't until now, although I probably have shown a bit of confirmation bias somewhere

Iggish

Reaction score
Well if you think a townie is capable of tunnel-visioning (since you think we both tunnel visioned but only one is Mafia), why do you think two townies are unlikely to have tunnel-visioned each other?
Because it seems like you both want the other one lynched really badly and I'm not sure how two townies just trying to do their best for the town would get it to that stage if they share interests.
I suppose a similar thing happened with notty and I, but this feels different. By all means, you both could be town, but I think it's unlikely.

I also don't think you guys mentioned the possibility of you both being town either (correct me if I'm wrong) so I think that you are very intensely focused on the other person being scum that this possibility hasn't popped into your minds. Also, a mafia wouldn't admit to these possibilities if they wanted to lynch a town I think which decreases the likelihood of one of you mentioning the possibilities by 50% (if that makes sense).
Also for what it's worth I disagree that I tunnel visioned on him, if he actually gave responses to my points then I would have backed down but he didn't until now, although I probably have shown a bit of confirmation bias somewhere
Also Iggish where exactly do you think we were tunnel-visioning each other and looking for excuses on each other? Do you have a specific post in mind?
Well, I think you have both accused each other of taking things out of context to twist them against the other to make them look bad. I only have one specific post in mind where you thought Aqua "coincidentally" missed Oak's post and so he bandwagoned or something. You could have given him the benefit of the doubt but in my opinion, you had a tunnelvision on Aqua so you automatically thought it was suspicious even though he clarified it straight after.
I can't think of one from the other perspective but I'm pretty damn sure that if I go back, I will find quite a few more (if I need to).

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Because it seems like you both want the other one lynched really badly and I'm not sure how two townies just trying to do their best for the town would get it to that stage if they share interests.
I suppose a similar thing happened with notty and I, but this feels different. By all means, you both could be town, but I think it's unlikely.

I also don't think you guys mentioned the possibility of you both being town either (correct me if I'm wrong) so I think that you are very intensely focused on the other person being scum that this possibility hasn't popped into your minds. Also, a mafia wouldn't admit to these possibilities if they wanted to lynch a town I think which decreases the likelihood of one of you mentioning the possibilities by 50% (if that makes sense).

Well, I think you have both accused each other of taking things out of context to twist them against the other to make them look bad. I only have one specific post in mind where you thought Aqua "coincidentally" missed Oak's post and so he bandwagoned or something. You could have given him the benefit of the doubt but in my opinion, you had a tunnelvision on Aqua so you automatically thought it was suspicious even though he clarified it straight after.
I can't think of one from the other perspective but I'm pretty damn sure that if I go back, I will find quite a few more (if I need to).
It has popped into my mind that Aqua may be town, I'm not 100% sure by any means. But he's been my top suspect this game, which is why I voted him. But I've asked him many, many questions to give him a chance to defend himself from me, but he failed to defend himself properly until just now, which is why I never unvoted.

But yeah the interpretations of his posts, such as the bandwagon on arelic one, are of course just my interpretations and intuitions, and they're kind of all we have to go on right now which is why I haven't just dismissed them in favour or something else, but I'm open to being wrong about it. But yeah okay, I may be a bit biased in terms of not giving him the benefit of the doubt, because of my mafia vibes on him and my other points I've made against him.

And Iggish if your reason for him not being town is what I think it is, I think you're safe to say it since I don't think anyone's going to suddenly be suspicious of you if Aqua does turn out to be town, simply because of that reason (the reason I think it is), especially since you've been town-telling pretty hard this game (at least in my opinion). But if you're concerned about it then I understand.

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
It has popped into my mind that Aqua may be town, I'm not 100% sure by any means. But he's been my top suspect this game, which is why I voted him. But I've asked him many, many questions to give him a chance to defend himself from me, but he failed to defend himself properly until just now, which is why I never unvoted.

But yeah the interpretations of his posts, such as the bandwagon on arelic one, are of course just my interpretations and intuitions, and they're kind of all we have to go on right now which is why I haven't just dismissed them in favour or something else, but I'm open to being wrong about it. But yeah okay, I may be a bit biased in terms of not giving him the benefit of the doubt, because of my mafia vibes on him and my other points I've made against him.

And Iggish if your reason for him not being town is what I think it is, I think you're safe to say it since I don't think anyone's going to suddenly be suspicious of you if Aqua does turn out to be town, simply because of that reason (the reason I think it is), especially since you've been town-telling pretty hard this game (at least in my opinion). But if you're concerned about it then I understand.
Actually we should wait for Danni to elaborate before we reveal more stuff

Iggish

Reaction score
It's still giving information to the mafia though and potentially making me a target if Aqua is mafia.

Actually, you know what, I'm pretty sure Aqua roughly knows what my personal reason is (I've dropped many hints) and if he is mafia then the secrecy would only intrigue him more and make me even more of a target.

*I was just about to post my reason and then I saw your post. What do we have to wait for Danni to elaborate?

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
It's still giving information to the mafia though and potentially making me a target if Aqua is mafia.

Actually, you know what, I'm pretty sure Aqua roughly knows what my personal reason is (I've dropped many hints) and if he is mafia then the secrecy would only intrigue him more and make me even more of a target.

*I was just about to post my reason and then I saw your post. What do we have to wait for Danni to elaborate?
Obviously, if not I wouldn't have an issue saying it otherwise, but I was trying to be a bit discrete about it as a I assume it will eventually come out.

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Well yeah, it's a bit vague and weird and it's about claiming etc but how is it relevant to me?
Maybe I'm wrong about your reason for suspecting Aqua but I figured it was linked to this:

It's also looking like Aqua might be lynched and while I think it's unlikely that Donald Trump would be town, on a personal level, I don't want to claim in case he would actually flip town as that would be detrimental for me.

I also don't know whether I want to vote for Aqua or not. He is the most suspicious person right now and I do think it would be a good idea to lynch him, I am in support of an Aqua lynch. However, I'm wary of how people will react and what theories they will come up with when they do discover my name, whether on this day or the next.
Meaning you would say something about your politician, which Danni seems to think is a bad idea for town to do for some reason

Rune

Resident Roadman | Deception Lead
Admin
Donor
AoD Staff
Survival Staff
Reaction score
I don't mind lynching Aqua off today and I'm not against claiming tomorrow if needs be. If HE is Donald, then maybe we should also have a look at Ender and see if he will benefit town in any way. I doubt it though since his win condition overrides ours if he's successful

Rune

Resident Roadman | Deception Lead
Admin
Donor
AoD Staff
Survival Staff
Reaction score
I think it's weak at best. Just feels like a bunch of 'inf misquoted me' and 'inf is taking my words out of context' over and over again while we already know they weren't.

Plus I feel people are forgetting he's Donald Trump.
Yeah agreed, I'm playing Old School RuneScape right now so you summed it up better than I have. Now back to trying to telegrab wine of zammy's