Market Crash [Game Over]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
I don't speak for tim but, I think I get what he's saying.

What if both of us were actually the remaining Mafia and decided to kill me off in hopes you got to appear innocent for most of the rest of the game because they now trust in your role ability+alignment to town; so you'd be throwing me under the bus and distancing yourself from your scum partners.
...If you were scum of course.

And I guess the passing/50% chance gives a fallback so you can stay alive. The 50% means you can take your hands off of a bad situation (lynching an inno) because its your role power's fault and was only a possibility since it could be right/wrong.
I'm not quite sure about the ability passing; but maybe the ability passing is putting focus on a potentially non-existent role(Agent #2), so you either stay alive because people don't believe that and so keeping you around would be the only way to keep the potentially town sided power, or it means people will believe it and potentially incorrectly think theres another role out there and second guess things if a similar role shows up, like I guess-- maybe a normal cop? Idk.
Oh okay, I thought bussing was to do with controling someone's night action to effect someone else or something for some reason, thanks.

Timdood3 can you confirm what you meant yourself pls?

1) What's different? Is it the shorter sentence structure? (that's not a joke or sarcasm)
1.1 Pfft, I'm always worried about seeming innocent. Literally always. I always look through and make sure there's nothing that could be interpreted as anti-town. especially when I'm town. Because I don't want the town going lynch-mob mode and mislynching a townie.
2) I can't roleplay on Day Zero of all days? I may have taken the joke claims a bit overboard, but in my eyes that was the whole point of them. Maybe it was different from your perspective.
2.1) There was no discomfort. I was genuinely amused by the fact that people were questioning if my role made me roleplay. Or rather that I was so amused by my own roleplaying that I was still amused when people questioned it. Something like that. I don't mask or 'accommodate' discomfort, I like to make it perfectly clear when I'm uncomfortable, so that my responses are more genuine.
3) I defend anyone and everyone when I feel a weak or unreliable argument is being used against them. Seriously, look back on any other time I've defended someone.
1) I don't know, maybe, I just think you vibe very differently, for example the rp thing, you using "xD", it all just made me think you're acting different, so then I thought: why...!
1.1) Maybe so, but I think you're more worried now, and are maybe overthinking it, hence why you're acting differently.
2) Yeah, I guess it was different in my perspective. The fact is, you don't usually roleplay or joke around on these days from what I've seen of you, or at least not to the extent if you have, which flagged up as 'different' to me, like you're trying to look innocent so what better way to do it than blend in and make jokes like others are doing on day 0, whereas usually appearing innocent isn't your main priority so you don't usually do this.
2.1) Well as a mafia you aren't going to be completely genuine and honest about when you're uncomfortable obviously, because then we might think "hmmm tim is awfully uncomfortable with being given attention, almost like he's not wanting to attract too much of it because his main motive is to stay alive and win!!!" which I guess could mean many different things but I still think it's suspicious.
3) Yeah well I have a feeling that this game you're choosing to defend someone because they're your partner and you see easy ways to defend them (because my claim is obviously suspicious, and my accusations are mostly gut feelings, which can very easily be argued against by saying "I disagree", which you did)

Vatumok

Former CA
Reaction score
people please
you don't lynch a 'cop' claim
especially on day 1
Normally I agree with this but in a closed setup idk, it's very easy to just make up a weird role. I don't think there's enough reason to lynch infected even though I find his story suspicous so I'm gonna remove my vote for now. Depending on what happens I may still place my final vote on inffy.

unvote

Ltin

Mafia Host
Reaction score
VOTECOUNT deadline maybe soon™ probably
Infected_Alien8_ - 3 (Nottykitten, Marskid, Wimali)
With 12 players it takes 7 to lynch and 6 to no lynch.

Timdood3

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Oh okay, I thought bussing was to do with controling someone's night action to effect someone else or something for some reason, thanks.

Timdood3 can you confirm what you meant yourself pls?
I mean bussing a mafia partner to gain trust with the town.
1) I don't know, maybe, I just think you vibe very differently, for example the rp thing, you using "xD", it all just made me think you're acting different, so then I thought: why...!
1.1) Maybe so, but I think you're more worried now, and are maybe overthinking it, hence why you're acting differently.
2) Yeah, I guess it was different in my perspective. The fact is, you don't usually roleplay or joke around on these days from what I've seen of you, or at least not to the extent if you have, which flagged up as 'different' to me, like you're trying to look innocent so what better way to do it than blend in and make jokes like others are doing on day 0, whereas usually appearing innocent isn't your main priority so you don't usually do this.
2.1) Well as a mafia you aren't going to be completely genuine and honest about when you're uncomfortable obviously, because then we might think "hmmm tim is awfully uncomfortable with being given attention, almost like he's not wanting to attract too much of it (2.2)because his main motive is to stay alive and win!!!" which I guess could mean many different things but I still think it's suspicious.
3) Yeah well I have a feeling that this game you're choosing to defend someone because they're your partner and you see easy ways to defend them (because my claim is obviously suspicious, and my accusations are mostly gut feelings, which can very easily be argued against by saying "I disagree", which you did)
1) My attitude in real life has a great deal to do with how often I use emotes. At that particular moment I was leaving my old job knowing that after that week I wouldn't ever have to come back (My last day was Friday, I have a new and better job now, go me!)
1.1) I'm not worried, and have no reason to be. This is kind of a weird argument to defend myself from because through my eyes, I'm not acting differently.
2) I joke around plenty, and *I absolutely love roleplaying. The reason I've not done so in past games is because every time I want to in mafia, I become painfully aware of Nita's lynch in the Bloody Masquerade, which was because he was roleplaying as Ezio and it came to light that there was an assassin faction. Because I was afraid that I'd come under suspicion for roleplaying. Or in this case, I suppose I'm under suspicion because I don't normally roleplay, see *.
2.1) I'm not mafia, so I have no reason to lie/not be honest. The only thing that would/does make me uncomfortable is the thought of the town wasting resources. I'm totally fine with having everyone's attention, I often do.
2.2) Just a little side note, isn't that everyone's motive? The game doesn't work if no one's getting attention, and if everyone getting attention was lynched then, statistically speaking, the town would lose almost every time. My point is, townies get attention too, and that's nothing to be worried about.
3) If he's not town, he's not my partner. There's nothing really to say to this point except for something along the lines of "That's how you feel and nothing can change that" because I can say "I'm not defending him because he's my partner*; I'm defending him because I feel the arguments presented aren't enough to make a case against him," all I want, it won't change your mind.
* See first sentence of 3).

MarsKid

Mafia Host
Reaction score
So people seemed to want to lynch someone on this day, but given their activity and the overall activity of this game currently, I'm not seeing that kind of push.

Purely based off of early interactions, I think, should there be any sort of lynch, Infected is the only viable option thus far.

However, a no-lynch still wouldn't, in my opinion, bring any sort of terrible setback upon us. Nobody is really certain on any option and nobody is really talking much.

Nottykitten

Nomnomnom kitteh!
Reaction score
Inf has been kind of Towntelling, and while he might be a third party targeting role that has to get rid of JK, im way less certain of it now so im just gonna go back to No Lynch since I dont want to lynch JK either.

Unvote
Vote No Lynch

Dess

The UmbreOp
Reaction score
While I don't like going with a no Lynch right now it is the best option. Inffy to me is obviously town sided and Jk is arising some suspicions but not enough to be lynched for.

Vote no lynch

JKangaroo

Your Local, Neighborhood Marsupial
Reaction score
I don't have much to say really.
Besides repeating that I'm definitely town, and that I hope I live to see another day, I don't have much to really add any discussion, and hopefully discussion will pick up once the next day starts.

And even though I agreed (and sorta still feel it now) that lynching someone would've been the better course of action--- I don't think rushing into things when theres a deadline so close and no leads to go on would necessarily be wise.

I'll join the group in voting
No-lynch

Timdood3

Mafia Host
Reaction score
I've been extremely busy over the past few days with my new job and all. I'm a little bit surprised to see that the only thing that's really happened has been people going for a no lynch. As JK has said above me, I do think a lynch would better suit us, but at this point with deadline imminent, we'll end up with some hasty arguments and a series of votes indistinguishable from a bandwagon.

What about this bit?
I don't remember exactly, but looking back on it I think the thought was more or less that even if something you did because of your role turned out having anti-town effect, you'd be able to brush it off and continue appearing town despite (for example) leading a lynch on an innocent. I don't remember how exactly the role passing fit into that thought, but hey, there's your response.

• Agree
Reactions: JKangaroo

Ltin

Mafia Host
Reaction score
VOTECOUNT deadline in 21 hours plus some change
Infected_Alien8_ - 2 (Marskid, Wimali)
No Lynch - 4 (Nottykitten, Dessern5, Infected_alien8_, Jkangaroo)
With 12 players it takes 7 to lynch and 6 to no lynch.​

Timdood3

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Going to go ahead and end the day so instead of waiting some odd hours, our lovely host can go ahead and start the night. I still would rather lynch, but this'll bring on the night, and by extension the next day, on a little faster.

Vote No-lynch

(also locking)

Ltin

Mafia Host
Reaction score

FINAL VOTECOUNT
Infected_Alien8_ - 2 (Marskid, Wimali)
No Lynch - 6 (Nottykitten, Dessern5, Infected_alien8_, Jkangaroo, Ooglie101, Timdood3)
Day 1 ends in a no lynch.

It wasn’t until now that the Terrorists realized there were a number of issues with their current plan. Authorities would eventually know of their presence whether things had gone their way in the beginning or not, and would look for changes to the code in the computers that run everything. They needed a way to get around that. Lucky for them, they have plenty of time to think.

It is now Night 2. Please send in your actions.​

Ltin

Mafia Host
Reaction score
A message over the building-wide intercom wakes everyone that was sleeping up.
"Hello, this is your town-sided Board of Directors speaking. We intended to broadcast a message revealing our existence to you all last night however were too slow. Tomorrow is a big day - anyone with information that could be of importance please come forward and ensure you choose any actions wisely tonight.

Groups of evil may exist as a counter to us - if anyone has received any broadcasts previously claiming to be us they have lied.

Sleep well."

Ltin

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Sunday April 21
The Terrorist’s solution to their problem was fairly simple. Install a dummy virus that transfers money to an untraceable account, and hide within the code another virus that could be used to access the system later.

A security bulletin is found posted to the wall.

"Good evening friends and enemies alike.
It is perhaps time we reveal ourselves to you all as well alongside this 'Board of Directors.'
We are the security of this establishment; a coalition of the stock market's guards banded together to end this terrorist threat once and for all, and keep our citizenry safe from harm.

Heed our words carefully, for investigations will assist in our time of need.
And do not fear, for we are on your side.

We would like to present our findings from the previous night for you to dwell on:
1) Timdood3 is found to be innocent.
2) Dessern5 was seen visiting sir Ooglie101.
3) Infected_alien8_ did not visit any person that night.

Outside of extraordinary circumstances, our members would ask to remain anonymous for the time being.
Our spokesperson will speak with you shortly and will answer any and all reasonable questions presented to them, unless events unfold that would prevent them from doing so otherwise.

Thank you for your patience, and have a good day."

The bodies of Marskid, Vatumok, and Webpaige were also found.

Webpaige was a Terrorist.

Vatumok was an Employee.

Limited ability to send messages.

Marskid was a Loose Cannon Security Guard .

Vig.

It is now day 2.With 10 players it takes 6 to lynch and 5 to no lynch.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.