• Name of the map: dr_metronome
  • Intended Gamemode: deathrun
  • Creator(s): me
  • Size: it's self-contained
  • Biome: plains
  • Screenshots, including timer areas: imgur.com/a/FAf39
  • Any extra information about your map?: it's really cool
  • Download link: ge.tt/5Ky2w6Y2
there's two timers, one right behind spawn and one right behind the jump boost thingy. 2/3/4/5 min for the first bit sounds fine then 8-10 or something for the rest cause the rest gets really hard at the end. (i did employ an actual, tangible difficulty curve though. i am no hypocrite).​
edit skip around on this video to get a better look, it's not edited because i can't be bothered so it includes some fixing and stuff. only notable change between the video and current dl is the fact that night vision is indefinite instead of 10 minutes long.​

Last edited:

Mastersten

In Omnia Paratus
Reaction score
Hi jivvi thanks for submitting this Deathrun map

First off, I really like the way you made this map with the shifting blocks, jumpboosts and autocheckpoints but in my opinion it is kinda hard at some points and I'm worried that much players won't be possible to make it till the end but it could also be my fault cause I suck at parkour.

Nevertheless I'm sure this will be an interesting Deathrun map on the server [BCOLOR=#00ff00]+1[/BCOLOR]

Reactions: Jivvi

Jivvi

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Hi jivvi thanks for submitting this Deathrun map

First off, I really like the way you made this map with the shifting blocks, jumpboosts and autocheckpoints but in my opinion it is kinda hard at some points and I'm worried that much players won't be possible to make it till the end but it could also be my fault cause I suck at parkour.

Nevertheless I'm sure this will be an interesting Deathrun map on the server [BCOLOR=#00ff00]+1[/BCOLOR]
i was kinda hoping that deathrun mechanics would allow for different prizes for reaching certain points but if they just work like normal rounds for the most part it means that the very end of the course is the only way to survive, making the map quite difficult overall as a result.

superhalo6

Reaction score
I like the how you made signs with invisible armor stands, and the chat messages are pretty cool.

Features aside, I like the map being plain in terms of visual design, though water + lava on higher moods could cause a lot of lag (Water and lava contacts, becomes obsidian, lava fills space, lava melts obsidian, and repeat)

But, anyway, I'd give this map a +1

Jivvi

Mafia Host
Reaction score
my memory may not be serving me correctly but i remember psycho mentioning that a way to set the mood for a map would be useful. a command block might work, not sure. either way it would definitely be helpful with maps that would work best on a certain mood.

Psycho

Insufficient Data
Donor
Reaction score
As much as we appreciate the map submissions that we get, there are other priorities that we're focused on regarding improving and updating Rituals of Fire. Granted, that we're pretty much trying to catch up on things, any of the maps that are approved and queued up to be added, will be added.

Reactions: Velzerat and Jivvi

Lux

The Weeb
Donor
Reaction score
I like this map a lot, it gets really tricky at the end but I'm sure with enough practice, it should be fine!

It will be nice to have a challenging death run map for once :p +1

Velzerat

Drink up baby, stay up all night
Donor
Reaction score
This map feels like it has the perfect balance of difficulty. It looks harder than Butamou's yet easier than dr_psy. It feels more like Classic DR than modern DR-- which is also needed. +1

SirComputer

Rainmaker
Donor
Reaction score
The staff think this map is very nice indeed! There are a couple of thoughts about this being slightly on the hard side, or there's the potential for some lag, but we'll see. We're at least going to give this a trial run for now.

For now, Accepted