IC Remnants of the Elements

Timdood3

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Another girl approached from behind and greets everyone. Ross turned and looked hard at her, feeling the familiarity about her. After a pause, he relaxed and one word escaped his lips: "Alouette?"

Timdood3

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Ross looked up thoughtfully, "I suppose I could choose a new name...But I also don't suppose I mind a few people figuring out who I am. Word will probably get around anyway." Though possibly unaware of it, Ross was acting quite full of himself. Honestly, he felt so superior to these mortal wretches that he wanted all of them to know his name, and his power for that matter. Not that he'd show that to the other Guardians. "I guess I could try out a new name. I could always cross-dress and go by Rose." Ross laughed, and hoped no one would actually take him seriously....Knowing Takot, he'd probably receive a dress as a gift.

• Haha
Reactions: Naoh and Enderfive

Toiletprincess

The Eternal Dinosaur
Reaction score
As she weaves through the crowd with Takot, a white haired man who looks strangely familiar approaches the pair and greets them- but before she can even think about replying to his strange request Takot goes on the defensive and she flushes red. Soon, Takot recognises the man as Ross, the water guardian and Zwn immediately brightens. "Hi!" She greets cheerily as she spots Aloue-- Avis come up behind him."It's nice to see you both- Endal, Himinn and Light are--" she begins softly but pauses, looking at Alouette worriedly from the mention of her previous lover, "they're all here, maybe there'll be others too."

((Sorry if this is bad It's midnight and I'm on my phone heh))

CaffeinatedKitty

Intoxicated Feline
Reaction score
Avis laughs. "To each their own, I guess."
"It's nice to see you both- Endal, Himinn and Light are--they're all here, maybe there'll be others too."
Zwn interjects, and Avis comes down hard on the balls of her feet.
"Light...?" What? She can't have heard right. Paling, she continues hesitantly, "But he's..." Dead. He was dead, how's he here?
She stares incredulously. "How?"
And thinks that maybe, just maybe, she should take off to find her brother sooner than planned.
Perhaps tonight, or tomorrow morning.
But no, she can't do that to Marisa, or to the other Guardians; Marisa's been so kind after all, and she hasn't yet seen all the others. She'll survive. She can defend herself, and she knows now to be careful. It'll be fine.

((Oooooh lord. Timdood3 Naoh Toiletprincess))

Timdood3

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Ross placed a hand on the Guardian of Flight's shoulder, "After L-he died, I condensed his remains into an orb. That orb is still floating above Natovicci, but I'm guessing his spirit somehow lived on because of it."

Taking a step back, Ross reconsidered. "Or maybe that's not true at all. If the Guardians were meant to return, I suppose not even death could stop them. Speaking of which, why have we returned?"

Timdood3

Mafia Host
Reaction score
"I don't know why I'm back for sure, but I'd be willing to guess that it's because these-" Ross stops and purses his lips. The contempt the he feels for the beings that desecrated the oceans is simply too much to put into words. He continues, slowly and with emphasis, "Creatures....Decided they wanted the oceans to become disgusting pools of filth." Ross considered saying more about how he'd like to personally bring each and every being responsible to live or die in the cesspool they created.

"As for the rest of you, I don't know." Ross considers the possibilities. "Perhaps your own Elements have been corrupted in some way?
Or maybe it's something else entirely. Something bigger.
...I like my idea better, because it means I get to cure the oceans. Hopefully permanently." Ross decided to stop talking before he accidentally came off as genocidal.

Fiestaguy

The man with 8 fingers.
Reaction score
Website
thebes.openshells.net
Light still stood at the top of the steps, listening to the conversation between the two guardians.

One peculiar statement stuck in his head.

It took him a minute to process it. But when he finally decided what it meant, he leaped down the stairs, three steps at a time. His face showed both mild anger and confusion, as he rudely interrupted the conversation by yelling at the water guardian "You did what to my remains? Put it in a bulb and repurposed it as a fuckin' streetlamp?"

((@Everypersonthatiscurrentlythere also working on Eli's post. Sorry for the delay, but Undertale sucked up 100% of my time the last few days :L))

Reactions: Naoh

Timdood3

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Ross looked up to a man jumping down the stairs....Angrily? "You did whatto my remains? . . ."

Ross threw his hands up in defense. "No, no, no. I took what was left of your ashes and condensed them into an orb. One that was of so similar, in fact, to those which you were always throwing around. They were filled with your blood, weren't they? Thanks for that. Anyway, I took your remains with me because I didn't want them to sit there like dust and be forgotten." Ross' stance became less defensive and more reverent. "I made sure you were not forgotten; I made it my mission to be certain that your memory would not fade."

"And when I saw an opportunity," Ross' tone indicated further that by using his remains, he was doing the Guardian a favor, "I turned you into the most revered light source: a sun. Your remains still float above Natovicci, giving them light and life. They worship you as much as they do me." It was a lie of course, though only partially. They did owe their lives to the orb, though they didn't necessarily associate it directly with Light. "It's not a streetlamp, it's the sun that gives life to all of the people of Natovicci."

CaffeinatedKitty

Intoxicated Feline
Reaction score
Avis flinches at the sudden shout, taking a step away from the staircase. No no no, no matter what she said she is not fine-
but she's not going to flee. No, not this time.
She takes a deep breath and doesn't move further. He can't hurt her now without retribution. She's lost any reluctance to return the metaphorical favor.
While she was busy calming down, Ross was monologuing about the fate of what they all had thought was Light's remains. She catches the end:

"...not a streetlamp, it's the sun that gives life to all of the people of Natovicci."

It's still rather perplexing to think that he's here.
She stands ramrod straight, holding her head high and pretending she isn't trembling. "Zwn? What do you think happened to resurrect him?"

((Timdood3 Naoh Toiletprincess Fiestaguy))

Timdood3

Mafia Host
Reaction score
"I know you were addressing Zwn, but if I may interject..." Ross considered their situation to be rather simple, "We're Guardians, gods. We're immortal. I'd be surprised if the other 'dead' Guardians arrived, yet I'd be willing to bet that they're still around somewhere."

Enderfive

sarcasm incarnate
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Erien

The wizard spent another few minutes trying to locate any other familiar faces besides the ones he'd already seen that evening. Finally, after rising above the crowd on the stairs again to get a better view, he spotted a group of five right in the middle of the ballroom. Himinn wasn't too ar from the rest of the Guardians, either. He promptly started nudging his way towards his old companions.

"...they're still around somewhere," he heard a man that could only be Ross finish. He was inclined to agree with the thought that the powerful Guardian put forth.

Always one to make a dramatic entrance, Erien simply said, "Indeed."

Five heads turned towards him to see who had joined them.

"Are there any more of us here, or is that everyone we know of being here today?" he asked. While six Guardians was more than enough to get this party started, no pun intended regarding the event they were all attending, he was confident that when it came to this particular issue, more was most definitely merrier. He was sure everyone understood who the "us" in his sentence was.

((Timdood3 Toiletprincess Naoh CaffeinatedKitty Fiestaguy))

Reactions: Timdood3

Fiestaguy

The man with 8 fingers.
Reaction score
Website
thebes.openshells.net
"Oh, Marisa!" Eli's expression lighted up. "My travels have been great! I, um, remember that box we found? Well, I spoke to a couple of people from academies across the continent, and, eh, well, it's hard to explain..." He shuffled around awkwardly, his hand uncomfortably fumbling around with a small satchel as he tried to retrieve something out of it.

His hand went in, and came back out with a small, dark-grey box. It wasn't made of any sort of metal, but it didn't feel like stone or wood either. Eli looked up at Marisa, as he grabbed the top of the box and pulled it.

Like a sword being unsheathed, a long cuboid - slightly smaller in width - emerged, far exceeding the height of the actual box.

Unsure on how to continue after defying the laws of space, all that was left was an awkward silence.

((CaffeinatedKitty Will try to make another post from Light soon. Also, does my explanation make sense, or should I tag some isometric drawing?))

Reactions: CaffeinatedKitty

Timdood3

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Ketten slipped away as soon as the robed man turned his back. Just as there were poor and worthless beings, there were high profile rulers. A perfectly varied assortment of targets. She did her best to blend in, producing a cloak from a sack at her waist. This would hide not only her armaments, but her race and appearance as well. The last thing she needed here was to be recognized; she was already being hunted, she didn't need her pursuers catching up any faster than they needed to.

She scouted the area, got a feel for what rooms were empty and which would be in use, how long it would take guards to arrive if she was spotted or heard, where people would slink off to be alone if they needed space....All without being questioned by any of the regular party-goers. After all, if you act like you belong somewhere, no one will question your presence there.
From a balcony, she could see the entire ballroom from above. In the middle of the room, she spotted the man she'd come with talking with a rather sizable group. At least he won't be missing me...It's a shame though, I'd taken a liking to that one..He seemed vengeful enough to join in my cause... With a dramatically cliche turn on her heel, the plant-girl strutted back out to continue her mission: Avenging those who've been wronged by destroying those who wronged them.

Toiletprincess

The Eternal Dinosaur
Reaction score
Mynaeia
-----​
Zwn- eh, Mynæia completely zoned out of the conversation the other Guardians were having, before a direct question from Alouett- crap, Avis snapped her from her daze. "I---," she begun before Ross interjected and instead of attempting to continue her speech, she allows herself to zone out again. They seem to be doing fine on their own.

Lividus (Literally meaning 'Wicked' but we'll get to that later).
-----​
The girl slipped quietly into the ballroom, dark skin hidden under a deep purple hood that she pulled over her face. Edging along the wall of the vast area, she made her way silently to the banquet table, resisting the urge to salivate at the foods spanning around it's surface. She lifted her hood slightly, light splaying onto her face as a crooked, cautious smile creeped in. Lowering her head to cast a shadow across her features, she hurriedly stuffed various items of food into a rucksack hidden beneath her cloak, filling it as much as she can without being deemed suspicious. As she pulled her cloak over the rucksack to conceal it, she backed away from the table and vanished into the crowd of people, a hand hovering over her treasure and the other hand tugging the hood down. Now it's time to go.

Naoh

Scott Pilgrim
Reaction score
Takot feeling a bit third-wheelish decided to go get a drink. Upon discovering a fruity cocktail, he tried it, liked it, and drank some more. This stuff is really good... he thought to himself as he went for his third glass. But I have one complaint... what's up with the color choice of that ladies dress...? I mean seriously, that nursery rhyme is overrated. "Wait what am I talking about?..." mumbled Takot as he filled his glass again.

(( THE PUNCH CONTAINS ALCOHOL OK PREPARE FOR DRUNK TAKOT ))

Timdood3

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Ketten returned to the ballroom floor quickly and quietly. Striding gracefully through the crowd, she continued scoping her next target. A seemingly wealthy man who appeared to be hopping between several women, acting very flirtatious. Sleazy and petty, yes, warranting his murder, no. There was a cloaked female, not unlike herself, stuffing morsels into a pack. You can't steal what's free. A dopey boy chugging drinks like he wanted alcohol poisoning. She sighed. So far, she hadn't seen anyone you wouldn't expect to see at a large party.

Uncharacteristically, she let her guard down and allowed herself to relax. She decided that she would hunt only those that could her eye, instead of actively searching. It was a party after all. She removed her hood and attempted to mingle. It's not like these people could recognize one spriggan from another. She approached the boy downing punch, "I think you might want to slow down there, you'll get sick if you keep going at that pace." All she could really hope at this point was that her wooden features didn't scare the boy.

Naoh

Scott Pilgrim
Reaction score
Takot ("How high are you?" "No officer, it's hi, how are you?") and Ketten

"I think you might want to slow down there, you'll get sick if you keep going at that pace." A sudden voice piped up behind Takot. Takot choked on his drink and almost fell over in his surprise. "H-" Takot coughed violently. "Hiiiiii there buddy! You kindah took me by suhprise... there... have yah tried the punch? Itch good!" Takot practically beamed.

"Errr....Yeah....I'll take your word for it. Spriggans don't really drink flavored beverages." Ketten spoke slowly and cautiously, kind of weirded out by this boy's sudden, drunken reaction, as well as his non reaction to her features.

"Hey... not to be like... that guy or anythingh, but you're kinda like... um, well..." Takot scratched his head. "A... tree?" He looked around confused. "Wash that racist or something? I'mh sorry, I'm not vehry good with talkhing to other peahple..."

Ketten smiled and laughed, maybe this whole 'actually partying' thing wouldnd't be so bad. "Yeah....I am kind of a tree. A spriggan to be exact. Native species to Balgar. And no, it's not racist, it's a very good observation." Ketten surprised herself with another big smile, this one truly genuine.

Takot was deeply relieved at not having offended the spriggan, and relaxing at the smile given, decided to keep talking. "My name's Takot ma'am," Takot bowed low enough that he almost toppled over again "and who be might you be?" He gave a boyish grin.

"Kettenmin Purrenkas." Realizing that her full name might be a bit formal, she abbreviated, "Most people call me Ketten."

"Nice to meet you Kettenminninn Purrrrrrrrrrrrrrenkassass!" Takot's mind seemed to wander for a second, as he pondered the possibility that he might not be real, but indeed be a fictional character, written by some terrible author, in some alternate world. Takot's mind snapped back to reality. (( WOOP THERE GOES GRAVITY )) "So, what's a lady like yourself doing here?"

"Sure. We'll go with that." Ketten really didn't like her name, and anyone seeing it on paper always expected her to be some form of cat-person. But this boy was innocent enough. "I'm here the same as anybody else, I'm here to socialize with everyone else." Something inside Ketten snapped back to where it should be, like an elastic band stretched too far and finally rebounding. Something wasn't right about this boy. Not in an 'i need to hunt and kill him' way, but in a 'this boy holds a lot of power but is too inexperienced to use it' way. She chuckled to herself, in any case, he wasn't harmful, at least not in his current state. "And yourself?"

Takot stopped for a moment. "I... I can't really remember why off the top of my head..." He looked up at the ceiling and noticed the broken glass. "Ohhhh, yeah..." Takot kicked away at nothing in particular in an embarassed mannar. "I kinda... fell through there, and now I'm here. I was looking for someone, and I've found her." Takot brightened up again. "Hey that's RIGHT! I FOUND HER!" Takot hickuped. His inebriation wasn't exactly helping his situation. He looked around again. "uhhhh, where am I exactly?..."

Ketten stiffed up, imitating her spiritaul ancestry. "I don't know, I'm not real. You just hallucinated a talking tree. Run along now"

Takot rubbed his eyes. "I- uh- I, whah..." Takot looked at the punch. Then at the talking tree. Then at the punch. He drank more punch. Then looked at the tree. Then at the punch. "uhhh... I'mh goanna find zwn now..." Takot hickuped. "N- nice meeting you.. Ketten... even if you *are* a figment of my imagination..." He smirked and walked off.

Ketten relaxed once more. "Well that was interesting." She then continued wandering around idly, more or less waiting for something to catch her attention.

(( Timdood3 ))

Enderfive

sarcasm incarnate
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Erien

His question was met with an enduring silence. Finally, when it was starting to almost get a bit too awkward (seriously, what's up with them, it's like they've never seen me before), Erien decided to speak up again.

"Er, right, I guess that means a no. Can we go back to Zwn's room or whatever it was where we were before? I have some important things I'd like to discuss, regarding why we woke up."

Wait, where the hell was Takot? He was there just a minute ago...?

((Toiletprincess Faliara Fiestaguy Naoh Timdood3))

Faliara

Reaction score
Himinn's eyebrows furrowed. Should they go back? She kind of wants to keep looking for a little longer, but at the same time she's a little nervous of this crowd, but oh, what if there actually are others like them here, but she really does feel a little lost, are they really going to find them at this rate-

((I finally got to get Himinn to do something, and she still technically didn't do anything))

Catcocomics

Reaction score
Katsu
As far as he could tell, the girl who had stolen his fish earlier and who had tripped over him hadn't sustained any serious injuries, though Katsu decided to take a glass of water and use it to form ice around her forehead.
He wasn't too sure, but he thought he sensed* the presence of some kind of mobile plant... which wasn't a very common occurrence as far as he knew.
But never mind that, this curious girl didn't seem in any state to be left alone, party or no party.
In the end, Katsu's curiosity got the better of him, so he picked up the unconscious girl (piggy-back) and headed towards the source of this strange life energy.
Aldkuld
Aldkuld checked the time; it wouldn't be long before his company would leave the ball and get ready to head home.
Deciding it might be in his best interest to go meet up with the others, Aldkuld made his way towards the mansion

((*Katsu's training back at home has partially enabled him to sort of sense and sometimes identify the life energy in everything living around him.
However, mostly due to his age, Katsu can only sense life energy in a fairly short range (which is just barely able to get most of the mansion he's in now if he were to stand in its very center).
On top of that, Katsu isn't currently capable of distinguishing the life energy of individuals apart from one another, unless they happen have a very powerful or very different flavor of life energy.
And as far as guardians are concerned, he can only distinguish them from normal people if about 12+ of them group up real close.
Katsu is also capable of using his own life energy to resist being shoved over.))​

CaffeinatedKitty

Intoxicated Feline
Reaction score
Avis's eyes widen, but only just. She's grown slightly more skilled at controlling her visible reactions.
Her thoughts, though, are a tangled mess of protests that basically amount to "no nonono that's a terrible idea" because being in an even smaller space with so many people and especially him makes too little room to move and too few ways to get out and no she can't-
But behind all the panic there's a reassuring murmur of "do not worry, you will be safe," and somehow that helps to calm her.
Determined to overcome this obstacle, she takes a deep breath.
"Yes, I could do with some explanation. Zwn?"

((Timdood3, Enderfive, Faliara, Toiletprincess, Fiestaguy))

Catcocomics

Reaction score
Katsu
He made his way closer to the source of the moving plant energy, politely nudging people out of his way and occasionally feeling the girl he was carrying squirm a little.
He couldn't blame her for being uncomfortable; he did keep his sword sheathed on his back after all.
Katsu eventually came to some person who seemed to have told a drunken boy that he was hallucinating and noted that the sober person's skin seemed to be made of bark.
He wasn't sure what to say or ask, having never met a humanoid plant before, so he stood there thinking...​

Timdood3

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Ketten felt a pair of eyes on her as she watched the drunken boy meander on his way. She looked up to see an armed adolescent eyeing her. Her hand drifted toward the dagger concealed under her cloak as she addressed him, "Can I help you?" The boy appeared to be carrying a little girl....That's....Surely not suspicious at all.

Last edited: