Mafia Season 7 SIGNUPS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alisha

Mafia Host
Mafia Mod
Reaction score
Blocktopia Mafia Season 7

Remember the Pearls of Transformation, which gave individuals the ability to shapeshift? Multiple places have been destroyed by newcomers utilizing these to infiltrate populated areas and slowly murdering innocent people from the inside.

An investigation team has been sent out to find the source of the Pearls of Transformation, and destroy it. Naturally, when the Pearls of Transformation are involved, not everyone in the team wants them gone...

After a long time being away, I have decided to lead my fifth mafia season in Blocktopia. There will be new roles presented, as well as a couple roles included that have been in more recent seasons.

How to Play- Basics

The people who sign up for a mafia game are given a role in a private message(PM), which must never be shared with anyone. The roles that can be given can be sorted into three factions:

Town-They aim to eliminate mafia members and others. Lynching during the in-game day is their most powerful asset. The town wins when all the Mafia members and any anti-town 3rd party members are dead.

Mafia-The mafia aims to equal their numbers with the rest of the Town-sided players left, and all 3rd party threats to them.They target one player each in-game night to kill.

3rd Party-These are usually players that are by themselves. 3rd party roles have varying win conditions, and provide a unique game experience to the people who recieve them.

Reminder: Multiple parties are able to win together provided they each meet their respective win conditions.

Mafia is played in two phases, day and night.
Day
In the daytime all players are able to select who to vote off, and when a majority has decided on a single person, that person will be lynched and out of the game.

Night
Mafia members will be able to PM each other and decide on ONE person to eliminate from the game. When a decision is reached they will PM the host. Certain power roles also have the ability to PM the host with a decision according to what they can do.
Last Statements: Every person who is killed in the game with the exception of the Cop and Contact gets one last statement they can make after they died. In a change from the previous seasons, you can only make a last statement in the following day after you died. (No dying on Night 1 and waiting until Day 3 to make a last statement)

In-depth Role List
This role list does not reflect the roles that will be in the actual game. It is instead a listing of roles that the host has determined have a reasonable chance of being in the game itself. The roles within the game will be provided in the gameplay thread, and a work-in-progress role list will be provided at the end of the rules list.

Town Sided
These roles win when the town wins.
Civilians: The civilians are the most basic role in Mafia. They have no night time actions, and their primary goal is to be the driving force behind most lynches.

The Cop: At night, the cop will send one PM to the host saying who he/she wants to investigate. The host will reveal the role of the person he/she investigated, and if that person is targeted by the Lyncher. The Cop is the exception to the last statement rule. The Cop cannot make a last statement due to them knowing other player's roles.

The Doctor: At night, the Doctor can choose one person to protect. If the person he/she saves would normally have been killed by the mafia or another power role, said person is saved by the doctor. Doctors can only save themselves once per game. The Doctor will be told via PM if they successfully save somebody, but the Doctor will not know who targeted the person they saved.

The Vigilante: This role can target one person for death each night. The Vigilante does not have to target someone, though, and will say so in a PM if he/she desires.

The Lucky Civilian: The lucky civilian is able to take ONE extra hit from an attack at night. So if the mafia targeted the lucky civilian, the civilian would be spared for one night only. If they targeted the lucky civilian again, the bulletproof civilian would be killed. A lucky civilian is NOT saved if he/she is lynched.

The Suppressor: This role is able to target one person every night if they want to. The targeted person will be unable to preform any night actions. Example: The Serial Killer is targeted, making it unable to kill anyone. When a person is targeted by the Suppressor, they will be notified via PM.
The Mayor: The mayor gets a special ability that can be used during the day called the double vote. It counts as two votes against one person.

The Hunter: The hunter is similar to the vigilante, except that it only gets to shoot during the night once.

Mafia sided
These roles win when the mafia wins.
Mafia: The standard member of the Mafia. The Mafia talk to each other along with other roles affiliated with the Mafia each night and decide on a person to target for death.

The Godfather: 'Head' of the mafia. If a cop investigates The Godfather, the cop is told The Godfather is a civilian.

The Pleaser: In a manner similar to the Suppressor, the Pleaser chooses one person to 'pleasure' every night to prevent the target from preforming any night actions. The target will be notified via PM.

The Contact: The Contact is similar to the Cop. The Contact can investigate one person per night, and will be notified seperately from the mafia conversation. They will be told the results of their investigation seperately from the main mafia conversation. The contact does not get a last statement.
3rd Party
These roles have varying win conditions.
The Serial Killer: Serial killers have an alternative goal from everyone else in the game; they want everyone besides them to be eliminated. Each night the Serial Killer sends the host a PM naming one name they wish to be killed. The Serial Killer gets multiple benefits to account for it being a one person role. The Serial Killer gets an extra hit like the Lucky Civilian, and if investigated by the Cop or Contact it will turn up as a civilian.

The Lyncher: At the start of the game this role will select one player. The Lyncher will want the selected player to die by lynch. If the selected player dies, the lyncher will choose a new target and be notified quickly. The mafia considers the Lyncher town sided, and victory for the lyncher is independent from the typical Mafia/Town/Serial Killer victories.

The Traitor: The Traitor begins the game town-sided. Every night the Traitor will investigate one person via PM, and if the Traitor finds a person sided with the mafia, the traitor will be added to the mafia conversation and become mafia-sided, and it will be announced the mafia has gained an additional member.

The Copycat: The Copycat will(as soon as they get their role) name one person in the confirmation PM. The copycat will then join forces with the named person, and be able to collaborate with that person in a night conversation. Copycat copies the win condition of the role it selects.
Example: The Copycat names one person which turns out to be the Cop. The copycat will then be identified as a cop and the two cops will get their own night conversation, but only one night action. If one of the two dies, then the night conversation dies but the remaining cop would still get to preform their night investigation.
Exception: Mayor, which will instead make it so only one of the two can have a double vote at any time.
The copycat can copy any role, Mafia, Town, or 3rd Party. The copycat essentially creates a two-person team, with one combined power role.
Mechanics

The host will assign roles using random.org.
If a day period is becoming stagnant, the host can do the following:
-Set a time limit, which at the end of that the person with the most votes will be lynched. If there is a tie, the time limit will be extended.
-Ask non-specific questions to encourage people to talk. These are optional and do not have to be followed.
-Ping players who have not spoken in a while, the pinged player does not have to answer the ping, the ping serves as a reminder in-case they forgot.

Forum Rules

Be respectful and polite.

You can NOT edit posts. Make a double post instead.
After you have died and made a last statement, do NOT post in the thread until the game is over. If you are not in the game, please do not post.
If you have not signed up to play mafia, do not post in the game thread.
Do not rate posts(ex. Like, Dislike, Agree, Disagree) after you die in mafia. Rating posts instead of making posts while you are alive is discouraged as well, as the posts are the life of mafia.
You are not allowed to use the -In a conversation- status as a tool against someone.
----
How to vote properly:
BOLD your vote when you vote during a day period, and type the person's FULL NAME. This is to prevent vote confusion, and makes the host's job a lot easier, and significantly reduces the chances of error. Any vote posts not following this rule will not count. The same applies for Abstain and No Lynch.
If you want to remove a vote, make sure to bold your vote removal.
Once a majority vote has been reached, no one may talk. The host will write a confirmation post, and then prepare the transition from day to night.
During night periods, you may not make posts during that time. Wait until I create a post detailing the transition from night to day.
----
NEVER post a screenshot with PM's. If you do, you will be kicked from the game with no chance of alternates replacing you.

I am pleased to announce that SparklyMuffinz will be fufilling the role of the moderator this season, and she deal with posts that violate the rules.

Abstains and No-lynch
If you abstain, that shows that you do not count in the vote and you are not factored into the total player count.
Ex. 20 people playing, 6 abstain
Normally it would be a majority (11/20) of the total players, but with 6 abstains it only requires 8 to lynch. (8/14)
No-Lynch-If you do not want to lynch anyone that night. You are still factored into the total players.

PSAs/Warnings

When you sign up for mafia, please accept that you can get ANY role.

Mafia games tend to last for multiple months, so be prepared for that.

Changes & Setup

Change Summary: Mayor & Contact added from previous seasons, and three unique roles added: The Hunter, The Traitor, and The Copycat. (The Copycat was Nottykitten's idea, which I refined for balance reasons. Thank you Notty.)

A large portion of this has been reworded for simplicity. Bulletproof renamed to Lucky as it is the 7th season. Suppressor and Pleaser were previous roles renamed as well. Last statement rule changed, check near the top.

Reminder: My rules may vary from The road to ruin's seasons. I recommend re-reading this, as it has been awhile since Season 4.

Proposed Setup
Special: Day start
Mafia: Godfather, Contact, Pleaser, 1 Mafia
Town: Cop, Doctor, (Vigilante or Hunter), Mayor, 2 Lucky Civilians, 7 Civilians
3rd Party: Serial Killer, Traitor, Copycat
Please discuss this setup, as I appreciate your opinions.
Signups
I will close signups at 20 players.

If you aren't able to get a spot, you are welcome to sign up as an alternate. If someone leaves the game in an abnormal fashion(quitting or being kicked), then alternates will be contacted and able to join the game as replacements.
If you feel like roleplaying, invent a character and post it here. If you make a character they will be more detailed in the stories, and make the overall story much richer.

Players:
1: Defiant_Blob
2. vati180
3. superstein
4. Nottykitten
5. The road to ruin
6. balloon98
7. HypeBurst
8. ansoro2112
9.77_is_the_best
10. Ltin
11. HarmakPaul
12. Old_Man_Oak_63
13. xXxFruitNinjaxXx
14. jeff0521
15. storm886
16. Sploorky
17. JKangaroo
18. Jivvi
19. DillonSaysRawr
20. digitalmez

Alternates:
1. Dessern5 Added.
2. grimmjowforever Added.
3. Kylieanna Added.

Reactions: Nottykitten
Reaction score
For this game I will roleplay as...

I'm a super scientist that always inventing some new and interesting thing! I would like pre-clarify a few things first, I am in fact engaged to my lovely girlfriend whom I programmed myself and built the holo-projector that she lives through. Yes I will admit I'm not actually a medical doctor... or even the other kind really. I live in a fort made of office supply boxes which I have named fort kickass. I would also like to point out now that I'm not a serial killer. No, my father was not a Nazi! He was a scientist! That's why we err they lost the war, lack of science! Whats that? what am I doing in a high security area taking blood samples and pumping odd drugs into people? Well see the thing about that is uh...

Alisha

Mafia Host
Mafia Mod
Reaction score
Ltin Mafia is a forum game, and I will create a topic that will be used to play after signups are full.

As for digitalmez being on reserve, I'll put the 20th slot on hold until I get an answer.

Alisha

Mafia Host
Mafia Mod
Reaction score
Three open slots left. I will ask that everyone reads the rules list, and I will throw another reminder in to check the proposed setup for this season, and honestly say your thoughts.

Status
Not open for further replies.