New Zombie Feature

Mach9824

Destroyer of Worlds
Contributor
Reaction score
Hey everyone, so I kinda mulled this over in my head for a while, and I do not know if it is possible, but lets give it a shot.

So playing recently, the command was used where everyones' necks are broken and the heads of players are turned upside down. Now I have seen this used in other zobie servers to distinguish between players and zombies so i got the following idea:

Would it be possible to code something in so that the zombies have their arms raised outwards (resembling the zombies in premium). I thought this would be a good idea for not only looking cool, but since players skins are currently broken and not everyone can use xWoM, it might be helpful to distinguish at first glance rather then having to mouse over the player to see if they are infected.

I haven't seen this done anywhere on other servers, so I just thought that if it was possible, it can be Blocktopia's own thing.

Chillingworth

Ex-Zombie VetOp | Ex-AoD Op
Reaction score
This is actually a brilliant idea; while the turned heads look ridiculous and confuse people, stretched out arms would actually improve the gameplay in so many ways - as you said, with the current broken skins, this would be key. Beats me if it's codeable or not, though. WinX64

JWB101197

Reaction score
I would assume that it's possible. If the head can be flipped upside down, then I don't see why the other limbs can't be manipulated as well. This is a really cool idea and it'd really add to the Zombie Survival theme of the server.

Chillingworth

Ex-Zombie VetOp | Ex-AoD Op
Reaction score
I would assume that it's possible. If the head can be flipped upside down, then I don't see why the other limbs can't be manipulated as well. This is a really cool idea and it'd really add to the Zombie Survival theme of the server.
This is what I was getting at. The zombies would actually look like zombies and...

IMAGINE THIS BEING RELEASED BEFORE HALLOWEEN. That would be kickass. Again, it's not up to us, it's up to WinX :p

Reaction score
Sorry guys, classic is too limited, not possible.
The only things that can be changed when updating player's position are
X, Y, Z, Yaw and Pitch
Classic Server Protocol said:
Orientation

A yaw value of.0 means the player is facing in the Z- (negative Z) direction. This value increases in a clockwise direction as seen from above. If we call the negative Z direction "North", then a yaw of 64 means "East", 128 means "South", and 192 means "West".

A pitch value of 0 means level and this value increases in a downward direction. 64 is down, and 192 is up. Values of 65 to 191 should never occur because the player cannot look further up or down than the 64 → 0, 255 → 192 range. However, the Minecraft Classic client does not ignore invalid values, so it is possible to make players' heads "upside-down".