Republic - Completed

Aqua

Does anybody remember laughter?
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Website
tehurn.com
also im pretty sure you can't no lynch under a democracy without dissolving the council and thus having the council have to elect a dictator (which is what danni said)
Eitherway the rev wouldn't kill notty because that would lose them and town the game.

LISTINGS09

Ain't afraid of no ghost
Reaction score
Website
www.4thdp.com
4 members on the council.

Notty is killed by rev leaving 3 members, all co firmed PRs.

Next day we have to lynch a council member.

Do the math, we are going dictator or killing a townie.

Rev, while wanting another autocracy, probably would not take the risk of fucking town over right now.

There is also the huge risk of notty being bus driven to the granny, which is another reason rev wouldn’t kill her.
You're missing where another person is voted in to replace the sacked member.

So rinse and repeat for all suspects, job done.

Sploorky

Reaction score
Ooglie101 I think you're oversimplifying what the 'real rev' would do. Killing notty would be the safe play, but I think trying to snipe a mafia member would be the winning play, and I'd imagine if notty is not rev the 'real rev' would go for the winning play

Danni122112 good thinking with the two scum on the council. I agree with you

Mooglie

The Local Cow
Reaction score
Ooglie101 I think you're oversimplifying what the 'real rev' would do. Killing notty would be the safe play, but I think trying to snipe a mafia member would be the winning play, and I'd imagine if notty is not rev the 'real rev' would go for the winning play
i guess
if i was rev i'd go for the safe play tho but maybe thats just how i play!

Sploorky

Reaction score
i guess
if i was rev i'd go for the safe play tho but maybe thats just how i play!
I mean you said yourself that mafia almost makes up half the players. Don't you think rev is feeling that same pressure? There's not a lot of room for the safe play.

Granted this is all under the assumption that notty is mafia, which might be wrong. I don't think it is though

TheWeakGuy48_

Geezuslike
Donor
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Honestly, I do think we should not lynch Notty on the basis that losing the Rev would be a disaster for us. Rev is the town's best weapon at this moment (it's really a wildcard), even if we can't be sure that Notty actually is the Rev, I'd suggest that we don't take the chance.

Mooglie

The Local Cow
Reaction score
IN CONCLUSION

WHAT WE GET BY NOT MURDERING NOTTY
(A) if notty isnt rev, oh well we keep a mafia alive on high susp for the remaining days & rev will eventually get around to murdering them
(B) if notty is rev, success - rev will help town to win

WHAT WE GET BY MURDERING NOTTY
(C) if notty isnt rev, success we killed a mafia this is a pretty good scenario!
(D) if notty is rev, town loses any chance of winning

AND SO
situation A isnt a game losing scenario but not a game winning scenario either
situation B is a game winning scenario
situation C is a game winning scenario
situation D is a gaming losing scenario

the safe choice is to keep notty alive
thanks this oog signing out but not really

Sploorky

Reaction score
IN CONCLUSION

(A) if notty isnt rev, oh well we keep a mafia alive on high susp for the remaining days & rev will eventually get around to murdering them

(C) if notty isnt rev, success we killed a mafia this is a pretty good scenario!

AND SO

Who would you want to lynch if not notty?

Danni122112

The Drunk
Donor
Contributor
Reaction score
Why can't she be Rev? Honestly I think it is a 50-50 at this point, but why are you so sure Notty is the rev? Are you claiming Rev?
Just a question, have you read all of my other post against notty? The reason I am asking is because you have not argued against them. When you keep saying that my point is false, while ignoring my arguments, it’s exhausting to try and make you understand why she most obviously be mafia.

So let’s break this up in two points, nottys actions, and what a rev would want.

Nottys actions.
Look more in my other posts, I won’t go in more detail here, but generally being scummy, and outing ender for no reason (she still has not responded to why she hasn’t outed ender). I don’t know if you understand how bad it is for us to have ender outed, but trust me, it is.

What rev wants:
Rev can not be killed during the night, meaning can’t be killed by mafia. The rev will also appear as town if checked. So a rev can pass off as an unkillable townie, if they don’t bloody put themselves.

So let’s say notty actually was rev, as we were lost likely were going for democracy tonight, she could have been subpoenaed, and cleared as a townie.

Even looking away from that, there is literally no reason EVER, for a rev to put themselves. It makes absolutely no sense, and if they do put themselves, it’s simply to survive for a short amount of time, before stabbing town in the back. This should only happen if they are on the brink of beIng lynched. Notty was not.

If you, or anyone, got any doubts and arguments against this, please post them to me, and stop ignoring my arguments and just say you believe notty is rev and that we should not lynch rev.

Notty is being smug as fuck, which actually makes me afraid. It means she either thinks she can totally trick us and fuck us over, or that mafia got something bad planned tonight that we did not expect.

Either way our only option is to lynch her.

Mooglie

The Local Cow
Reaction score
Who would you want to lynch if not notty?
this is the struggle with this game since there are so many inactives that i just sort of want to say that the mafia are amongst them but theres probably (quite) a few with the actives

like i FEEL like jivvi is evil but a lot of people town read him so oops
i also FEEL weird stuff from fog, hk and twg so it's a bit awkward when all three of these people support notty as well
rune's like the agreed subpoena target from everyone so thats fine
i'm a bit scared 112 is faking his poisoning and is actually mafia & rune (the mafia poisoner) was actually blocked last night

uhhh tbh idk aaaaaaaaaaaa i feel like this was my one shot to save notty from death oh WELL

Aqua

Does anybody remember laughter?
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Website
tehurn.com
IN CONCLUSION

AND SO

B) "Notty will help town" literally why? Rev claiming makes it practically impossible for them to win so after pretty much throwing the game for town why would they magically carry them into victory?

D) No we don't, theoretically if we don't mislynch we can still win and 1 mislynch if we get the mafia poisoner asap.

At this stage in the game mafia are going to be trying to lose town that mislynch at every opportunity and I'm highly cautious of oog because of this.

Furthermore, it isn't just an A and B scenario, it isnt black and white. Assuming notty is telling the truth or lying 50:50 is insane based on her actions.

Anyway I agree oog and since I'm susp of you after what you've just said I think a massclaim is definitely in order as we spoke about it earlier and there really aren't many disadvantages compared to the positives. So I'd appreciate it if you started (if only you helped me force notty to claim yesterday instead of being a lil' bitch oh well).

please claim and get this ball rolling. I'd appreciate a full massclaim by 5pm BST sunday.

Danni122112

The Drunk
Donor
Contributor
Reaction score
Honestly, I do think we should not lynch Notty on the basis that losing the Rev would be a disaster for us. Rev is the town's best weapon at this moment (it's really a wildcard), even if we can't be sure that Notty actually is the Rev, I'd suggest that we don't take the chance.
Read my new post.

How she is played does not add up with her being rev, but with she being mafia.

A rev with a brain would not play like her, and notty is generally good at mafia.

I mean if I was rev I could possibly have made a stupid play like that, I have done in the past, but it doesn’t not add up, at all.

Danni122112

The Drunk
Donor
Contributor
Reaction score
IN CONCLUSION

AND SO

Stop being stupid, it’s bloody obvious she is not rev.

The scenarios above are obviously correct, we could have a worse chance if we actually killed the rev.

However, we got a fucking confirmed mafia kill lining up for us, due to their misplay. You going to let their misplay slide, and go shoot in the dark and hope we get the correct person?

Kill notty. If she is rev just kill me next, most arguments against notty are not even graced with a response, I don’t even know what to say anymore, except:
Stop being stupid, kill notty.

LISTINGS09

Ain't afraid of no ghost
Reaction score
Website
www.4thdp.com
Notty is being smug as fuck, which actually makes me afraid. It means she either thinks she can totally trick us and fuck us over, or that mafia got something bad planned tonight that we did not expect.
It's a smart play, but seems like the only one of few tactics left after their performance on the council.

are you asking why it matters if notty is the real rev and dies?
No, I'm asking twp as they seem to be under some impression that keeping the rev alive is any way a good thing.