Nightswood Infiltration [Game Over]

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShadeSlayer98

Reaction score
First one was a joke thing while the second I had my reasons why I voted for you. Also nobody should call mafia on me because, I tried to save kallie life the whole time.

Timdood3

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Well um, Nobody thought you were mafia!!! I still think it's tim. I think it's kinda weird how he's still alive with all the accusations and questions he's throw around.
If I understand this right, you're saying that I'm mafia because if I was town I'd be dead by now?
Just so you know, I've made it to the end or close to the end of every mafia game I've played (with the exception of getting killed N1 some times playing IRL). Only once have a I been mafia (here). And even then I was a third party that was included in the mafia. So by that logic, the fact that I'm still alive should say that I'm town.

Besides, It's day two, that's early in the game. I don't think the phrase "still alive" really carries much weight at this point.

It's odd that you go from addressing Fragile to calling me out as mafia...Seems like a bit of a jump of topic, but I suppose in this case I can follow your train of thought: No one thought you were mafia -> Speaking of mafia, still think it's tim.

Though I do wonder how "Throwing around" accusations (I've only accused two people, Vatu of being mafia and Notty of being SK) and questions (how is discussion a bad thing) could get me killed?

GmK

International Man Of Cake
Reaction score
Hello all, sorry, I have been terribly inactive but am slowly catching up.

Being inactive has actually helped form a theory though. Somebody yesterday said "all those experienced players must be mafia, else they would be dead already", a similar argument to what timdood just refuted in the post before me.

And I would agree: Usually the strong players would be attacked first. So why then are people like JKangaroo , Nottykitten or Ooglie101 or me still alive, if usually we'd be probably be killed off? Well for me probably since people didn't realise I was even playing (hehe new MLG mafia super strategy!) but for the others I have a theory:

The people that are mafia have no big experience with our mafia games, and don't know the Meta of who the powerful and strong players are. So e.g. Shade, who is playing with us for the first time, is in my opinion a prime candidate for being mafia, or part of the mafia group that consists of more inexperienced people.

Yes - this is assuming that the people I mentioned above are actually town (but their towntells are strong, to me at least), and that the mafia group isn't actually willingly not attacking strong players, but the latter would be idiotic, since you must kill off the dangerous players very fast. This makes me believe we should look at those people that play with us for the first time and cannot jet judge who is a strong and "dangerous to mafia" (but helpful for town) players.

Does that make sense? Could also be an absolute shit theory :D

Enderfive

sarcasm incarnate
Mafia Host
Reaction score
I expect everyone to pick up activity at least a bit. I understand that there are plenty of thing keeping some or all of you busy, but you all knew what you signed up for, so try to find some time to play the game.

Samlen

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Definitely a possible theory, but I think it might be more likely that the mafia would know that the important power roles could be anyone, so they might as well kill anyone?

In other news, I AM sticking with my theory that if a non-mafia member was getting voted, it wouldn't take long for at least ONE mafia (or anti-town) member to join in. And based off of the pool of Kallie voters, I'm going to currently place my vote upon, the person that I feel is most suspicious (also because this will hopefully get people to do something).

Vote Notty

Reactions: Fragile

Samlen

Mafia Host
Reaction score
ohwhywouldyoudothatwehavenodoctor D= If you're gonna claim can you at least tell us what your findings are so far? So that you don't potentially die (This is under the assumption you are what you say you are and that there are no counter claims).

JKangaroo

Your Local, Neighborhood Marsupial
Reaction score
Hehe, I was going to write up something different, but I think I'll instead sit back and watch how this thing plays out.
I feel like the winds of this game have favoured on the side of vagueness. I want to see if this little gamble pays off.
I want to watch and see if my hunch is right.... and be mysterious. *makes mysterious noise* Actually being mysterious sucks. Someone make it stop.
---------------------
Anyhow, I looked backed and realized Notty already said why she unvoted Kallie so my post before was basically useless.
But i'm not very convinced "no reason" spiel. There is always a reason. And suddenly unvoting without explanation or understandable context, especially on the reverse-bandwagon THEY started doesn't exactly scream "no reason."
I still find it a pretty strange occurrence from yesterday.
---------------------
Being inactive has actually helped form a theory though. Somebody yesterday said "all those experienced players must be mafia, else they would be dead already", a similar argument to what timdood just refuted in the post before me.

And I would agree: Usually the strong players would be attacked first. So why then are people like JKangaroo , Nottykitten or Ooglie101 or me still alive, if usually we'd be probably be killed off? Well for me probably since people didn't realise I was even playing (hehe new MLG mafia super strategy!) but for the others I have a theory:

The people that are mafia have no big experience with our mafia games, and don't know the Meta of who the powerful and strong players are. So e.g. Shade, who is playing with us for the first time, is in my opinion a prime candidate for being mafia, or part of the mafia group that consists of more inexperienced people.

Yes - this is assuming that the people I mentioned above are actually town (but their towntells are strong, to me at least), and that the mafia group isn't actually willingly not attacking strong players, but the latter would be idiotic, since you must kill off the dangerous players very fast. This makes me believe we should look at those people that play with us for the first time and cannot jet judge who is a strong and "dangerous to mafia" (but helpful for town) players.

No no no, it's a sound theory, a very sound theory.
Both the "strong players are alive because they're Mafia" theory and the "new players could unaware of strong townies" theory are both sound...
...in theory.
In fact I do believe there was a large debate on this very topic many, many games ago. Maybe it was Alpha's Season 5... I'm not entirely sure and too lazy to look back and check. But in any case, I do believe both theories somewhat fell away from use many games ago, maybe even to that season stated previously, popping up every now and again as we see happening now.
But I do believe neither is the case.

For starters, the "new players" theory would work, for the most part only if the entire or a significant portion of the Mafia team were new. As we can see, the only "super new" players I guess would be Kallie, whos dead (sadly) and Shade. Not a very good sample size if you ask me. I guess we could add some other people in there too I guess; people with somewhat less experience with only a few games under their belt... But I feel we'll still not have that many people to account for.

We could also go for the "veterans" theory, which has a bit more ground as I feel many players in-game already have quite a bit of experience here (and perhaps even off) of these forums. But like I said previously, I feel like the "kill the big players" has somewhat fallen by the wayside over many previous games. It was a good tactic in early games and seasons, and to a degree it still is as some players can be dangerous... but I feel Mafia are looking out more for claim-tells and possible power-roles instead of just going the night and shooting someone at random...

...Now honestly when I started typing that silly theory spiel I kind of was just making it for the hell of it as it honestly isn't going to contribute anything to furthering the game in any way and it was more like I was making conersation. And I'm really just sitting here trying to do something and keep procrastinating so I can NOT study my discrete math work because oh my god I hate math so much, but that last paragraph got me thinking.

Noah's death definitely was a bit strange in the beginning; you definitely would have expected a more experienced player to get shot (plus it's kind of like a friendly gesture to let newbies or oldies who haven't played in awhile to live a little longer <3) , and if we want to go with the "new players" theory, the death might be understandable. What if we look at the other nightly deaths?: Raxo makes sense from a Mafia stand-point: kill the obvious (and unfortunate) roleclaim. BAM! One less headache to worry about. Mafia knows how effective a doc can be in the right hands (I remember how many lives digi made in that one game and it killed me inside as a mafia member).
..But Caff? I don't recall anything that warranted Caff dying. It was random, out of the blue. The most I feel Caff did thats related to what we've been talking about was being one of those who helped lynch Kallie, and that's about it. And we can easily assume it was done by the third-party; they probably knew raxo was going to get shot by Mafia so it would be a waste to target him, and so they took a pot-shot at random. By why Caff? Here would be where the "veteran" theory would kick-in, since that's a valid choice on pot-shot kills without any good information.

There's also the theory that I thought of just now because as the tracker, Caff could have also died to the third-party who had an ability that kills her if she visits them... but that's a bit far-fetched. It doesn't really fit the theme of the game or tie into any of the other roles unless you count the vig, cop, doc, etc alongside the tracker as "visiting." Still far-fetched imo.

TL;DR what I'm thinking is that GmK may be onto something, and perhaps, from what I'm thinking, maybe Shade(or a different less-experienced player) is a 3p. Maybe even a 3p killer.
Who knows. It's just a wild conspiracy/game theory. :p

Also darnit GmK, you got me using those theories even though I just said they were totally not being used that much anymore. *grumble grumble*

Reactions: Timdood3

Jivvi

Mafia Host
Reaction score
hi i signed up for this and it started right in the face of exams which in hindsight wasn't smart. i'll take a gander once i have some time after the first lot then maybe have a better look once they're all over.

Samlen

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Can we have some more responses or opinions? We have a claimed power role out there and there's been practically nothing happening.... in fact only 4 other posts after the roleclaim after over 24 hours =/
I'll repeat my slightly rephrased questioned to you Vatu: Are you willing to share what your results are so far and, if so, what are they, and if not, why not?

Vatumok

Former CA
Reaction score
There was no hurry in sharing my results.

My actions were:
Night 1 - investigate Fruit - nothing paranormal
Night 2 -investigate GmK - nothing paranormal
My idea was to look for more silent people for a possible 3rd p killing role.

I don't know everything about 3rd party roles but it's given to me that there is at least 1 killing role. What I also know is that most likely the killing is delayed, which is also the reason that I claimed, I have to assume I'm marked for death. This explains why there was no 3rd party kill last night, also based on raxo's posting it wasn't him that saved someone.

JKangaroo

Your Local, Neighborhood Marsupial
Reaction score
I don't know everything about 3rd party roles but it's given to me that there is at least 1 killing role. What I also know is that most likely the killing is delayed, which is also the reason that I claimed, I have to assume I'm marked for death. This explains why there was no 3rd party kill last night, also based on raxo's posting it wasn't him that saved someone.
What I want to know is what makes you so certain the kill is delayed.
I know I also thought that was a possibility as well back at the start of the day, but then shrugged the idea off because it felt too similar to a third-party killing role that just attacked on alternating nights, and we don't really have any reason to believe such a mechanic was put in place besides the fact that someone died last night that wasn't at the hands of the vigilante.

...Now that I look back on it as well, I posted that idea on just the page previous to this, pg 14. And the more I compare it to my post I notice how eerily similar the wording is shared with your post just now:
At least we know there is a third-party killing role since if it was the vigilante (s)he would be dead. The ability could be alternate night kills, or maybe even a delayed kill, like marking someone for death or something.
...Actually that's kind of just the same thing now that I think about it.
It could've also implied raxo did save someone the first night, but I guess we won't know until later.
Even the format of delayed kill --> marked for death --> raxo possibly saving someone as a doctor is in a similar vein.

...Am I to believe that you're possibly implying something Vat, or is this merely a coincidence of shared words. :p
Do tell.

Nottykitten

Nomnomnom kitteh!
Reaction score
Well in that case I'll not vote Vatu unless someone counterclaims him. Instead I'll throw my vote at Samlem for continuing his idea to vote people that voted for Kallie.

Also Fragile pls this witchhunt for me has to stop <3

Unvote
Vote Samlem

• Love
Reactions: Fragile

Vatumok

Former CA
Reaction score
JKangaroo

I am not 100% if I'm marked for death but I've got a clue that I may be. It also makes good sense based on what happened the first night. I don't want to take the risk of sharing no information. I want to make as much as possible of this day.
I re-read almost the whole thread before claiming and especially yours stood out about 3rd party roles. For some part it was coincidence/you just predicting it correctly and the marked for death part I totally stole because it sounds cool.

• Informative
Reactions: JKangaroo

Nottykitten

Nomnomnom kitteh!
Reaction score
JKangaroo

I am not 100% if I'm marked for death but I've got a clue that I may be. It also makes good sense based on what happened the first night. I don't want to take the risk of sharing no information. I want to make as much as possible of this day.
I re-read almost the whole thread before claiming and especially yours stood out about 3rd party roles. For some part it was coincidence/you just predicting it correctly and the marked for death part I totally stole because it sounds cool.
You mean a clue like a message during the night or is it purely a guess/hunch?

Status
Not open for further replies.