Nightswood Infiltration [Game Over]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Timdood3

Mafia Host
Reaction score
So night one, when naoh died, he got last words in the post after the 'night is over' post. This night, two people died (suggesting that the probable third party killer can only kill on alternating nights) and neither of them got last words. Also neither of them were basic townies. Either a) basic townies get to say last words as spooky ghosties or b) most if not all basic townies have something special (and potentially paranormal) about them, even if they don't know about it.

I probably won't be making another post tonight, and if I do it won't be for several hours at least.

Reactions: Fragile

JKangaroo

Your Local, Neighborhood Marsupial
Reaction score
He's only mentioning JK since JK quoted it aswell yesterday and asked why raxo posted it. But that didn't get him killed as I'm pretty sure we all noticed it even without JK mentioning it.
I didn't really ask why raxo posted it.
I did (or at least was hoping) to imply that the only nitpick I had of random wording and/or editing (ex: why is this part bolded?!) that I remembered(being raxo's) from a post I wrote up then deleted because I thought most of it was silly & didn't contribute much was silly, and shouldn't be taken seriously/replied to and that Sam's was more interesting, made a bit more sense, and something we could go off of if we ever wanted to go into that line of reasoning. (^Jeeze that was super long-winded.)
It's also why I was so confused that raxo actually made a pretty damning post. Even soft-claiming doctor is a big no-no unless you actually have a plan or absolutely need to (like if you're about to get lynched, etc). That's like, one of the basics of Maf. >.< Darnit rax, why'd you have to go and do that.

At least we know there is a third-party killing role since if it was the vigilante (s)he would be dead. The ability could be alternate night kills, or maybe even a delayed kill, like marking someone for death or something.
...Actually that's kind of just the same thing now that I think about it.
It could've also implied raxo did save someone the first night, but I guess we won't know until later.

There is something I want to look back on that I have a hunch on(I think?), but I should really do that after I finish something I'm working on.
(anyone know how to scale down/shrink an image in java in the eclipse program? no? darnit. okay thanks, I'll be back later then.)

• Haha
Reactions: Notme

Timdood3

Mafia Host
Reaction score
It could've also implied raxo did save someone the first night
Well, we'd be (we're in?) the exact same position whether Raxo saved someone N1 or not. That is, assuming that it is alternate night kills.
Basically what I'm saying is, yes, Raxo saving someone N1 is a possibility, but the fact that there were two kills last night doesn't evidence that at all. It's 1 30 am, so if that didn't make sense, disregard me entirely and put it off as "I should be asleep".

• Confusing
Reactions: JKangaroo

Fruit

Brrraaaaaiiiinnnnsss
Reaction score
My nitpick quote that was probably nothing was something raxo said:

And I was going to say, "not interesting enough you say? Saying it wasn't interesting enough must mean something must have happened!, its just not interesting enough to warrant interest or you're hiding something!" and something along the lines of interesting could mean something like something boring happened with a role or a boring item (hey, vests are sort of boring... right? It's definitely not as extreme as getting a invention item or something in say Supernatural hotel or from some other game).

But then I scrapped it alongside other bad nitpicks that I've forgotten besides this one.
...But if nitpicking helps pick up discussion, so be it! (but mine was still bad, sorry raxo)

I don't have much to contribute otherwise (yet!) at the moment. I need to reread because my brains a bit fried from just starting college and getting used to things (Yay?) so I don't really know what we're talking about besides this page and parts of others. x)
I definitely want to go back and look at that win condition from other games though; it has my interest.
Ohh yea I'm Townie with power role.
I used it on someone just in case.
Wait wait wait wait wait wait, hold on.
I hope that's actually a joke to go along with my nitpicking being silly,
because at this point in time unless a townie power role has a plan or valuable information they should just keep quiet and saying stuff about it just puts a target on their back.
Your second statement makes me feel like its a joke because it seems out of place with what roles we know are in play, so thats what I'm going to be betting on... hopefully.
I hope it's not supposed to be serious.
Yep I wasn't serious at all.
rip raxo 2k15 since mafia will probably take no chances
pffft, I don't have any real powers.
So why did you feel the need to mention it? As a towny, your job is to NOT cause confusion amongst the town. Seeing how you are doing so (as well as painting a target on your back) makes me suspicious...on the other hand...it seems to be just a typical raxo... ^^
Well its JK's fault for nitpicking - I thought answering it would be good idea
This is the conversation from yesterday about raxo. Raxo responded to JK's nitpicking with a role claim, which is probably why raxo was blaming JK.

• Useful

Samlen

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Timdood3 (3) - Vatumok, ShadeSlayer98, Kallie_S
Kallie_S (4) - Fragile, CaffeinatedKitty, raxo2222, Timdood3
Fragile (2) - Ooglie101, myusername22

So this was the end votecount yesterday, with the important note that Notty unvoted within a page beforehand of this votecount. Now, looking at Kallie being the unfortunate victim (PR's, please roleclaim if you're about to be lynched), two we know are (dead) townies(Caff and Raxo). I would say it's a fair bet that one, or even two of the people that voted Kallie yesterday were mafia. Now to analyse the three that voted Kallie yesterday that are still alive (Notty/Fragile/Tim), I will start with Fragile. Fragile's playing has been out there and aggressive, which, from my point of view, would make sense with their vanilla townie claim, since if you have no other abilities, what can you do BUT speak out your mind? This leads me to Notty and Tim, which I do not have as concrete of an analyse of them. The biggest piece that could sway me from voting one or the other is that Notty decided to unvote Kallie yesterday. The only reason this doesn't sway me to instantly vote Tim right now is that I know that Notty can be very cunning and manipulative when it comes to this game.

So, before I decide on whom I will vote today, Notty, would you mind giving me more of an explanation of why you decided to unvote Kallie?

Timdood3

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Timdood3 (3) - Vatumok, ShadeSlayer98, Kallie_S
Kallie_S (4) - Fragile, CaffeinatedKitty, raxo2222, Timdood3
Fragile (2) - Ooglie101, myusername22

So this was the end votecount yesterday, with the important note that Notty unvoted within a page beforehand of this votecount. Now, looking at Kallie being the unfortunate victim (PR's, please roleclaim if you're about to be lynched), two we know are (dead) townies(Caff and Raxo). I would say it's a fair bet that one, or even two of the people that voted Kallie yesterday were mafia. Now to analyse the three that voted Kallie yesterday that are still alive (Notty/Fragile/Tim), I will start with Fragile. Fragile's playing has been out there and aggressive, which, from my point of view, would make sense with their vanilla townie claim, since if you have no other abilities, what can you do BUT speak out your mind? This leads me to Notty and Tim, which I do not have as concrete of an analyse of them. The biggest piece that could sway me from voting one or the other is that Notty decided to unvote Kallie yesterday. The only reason this doesn't sway me to instantly vote Tim right now is that I know that Notty can be very cunning and manipulative when it comes to this game.

So, before I decide on whom I will vote today, Notty, would you mind giving me more of an explanation of why you decided to unvote Kallie?
I voted someone who jumped on a bandwagon (against me even) without giving any reasoning. After I pointed out that it didn't make sense for her to do so, she responded with "I don't use logic"

If that's not a reason to vote someone, then fine, but I still don't understand why people are suspicious of me, and not a single person I've asked has actually given a concrete reason.

Vatumok

Former CA
Reaction score
I voted someone who jumped on a bandwagon (against me even) without giving any reasoning. After I pointed out that it didn't make sense for her to do so, she responded with "I don't use logic"

If that's not a reason to vote someone, then fine, but I still don't understand why people are suspicious of me, and not a single person I've asked has actually given a concrete reason.
I was not extremely suspicious of you, I just thought you could very possible be mafia based on the way you talk/post. Having voted for Kallie does add a bit more suspicous but never that much because you were in a possible lynch situation.

What I find incredibly odd is that Fragile, who has been against notty all game, joins on his bandwagon against Kallie. Nottycat pulling back his vote may just be him trying to look unsuspicious. Fragile has been doing so weird I see fool/jester as a very possible option most likely notty & fragile are maf-maf or maf-fool.

I'd like to hear from Jivvi, GmK and 77thShad more as they have barely said anything so far. I want to hear if they find someone standing out.

Nottykitten

Nomnomnom kitteh!
Reaction score
No reason really.

I don't think the Mafia are any of the people that voted Kallie. Instead I have other suspicious. Like GmK, Oog and Vat/Samlem. Those are who I think are Mafia. Not much reason other than a hunch.

Vatumok

Former CA
Reaction score
I don't think the Mafia are any of the people that voted Kallie.
And this is based on..?
5 people voting out a town person it's pretty darn likely to have at least 1 mafia between them. Of course it's not 100% sure but I see no reason for you to think there would be no maf amongst them. Almost makes me think there are 2 in there: You and Tim or you and Fragile. I could see you and Fragile going intentionally against eachother as a strategy.

Nottykitten

Nomnomnom kitteh!
Reaction score
And this is based on..?
5 people voting out a town person it's pretty darn likely to have at least 1 mafia between them. Of course it's not 100% sure but I see no reason for you to think there would be no maf amongst them. Almost makes me think there are 2 in there: You and Tim or you and Fragile. I could see you and Fragile going intentionally against eachother as a strategy.
I think you're trying to throw attention at the group that voted Kallie and say there is atleast 1-2 Mafia in there because infact you know that there aren't any. Infact it actually makes alot of sense because Samlem said practically the same thing and he was also on my Maf suspicion list. Maybe you guys talked it over in Mafia night chat saying it would be good to try and lynch out of the "voted Kallie" pool because none of you are in there. At first it was just a hunch but now I'm actually seeing suspicous stuff imo.

Vote Vatumok

Samlen

Mafia Host
Reaction score

I'm just using my own logical deduction, you just happen to be in the middle of it. Based on actions, you are probably the least suspicious of those three that I've mentioned.

77thShad

Ayy lmao
Reaction score
Oh man I apologize for my inactivity, getting hammered with school work.
I'm still confused at why our armourer was lynched without claiming?
And as for the group voting kallie I don't really find that helpful, if take any group of 5 or so there's probably going to be at least 1 mafia in there which doesn't help us anyway due to there being a 1/5 chance. Then there's still the chance that there were no mafia in the group at all.

• Agree

JKangaroo

Your Local, Neighborhood Marsupial
Reaction score
I just finished rereading the thread. I honestly had no idea 77 or Jivvi were playing until I did read through and see the player list/people noting they were being quiet. (I wasn't paying attention who was joining in sign-ups, mmk?) 77 hasn't said anything since page 4, day 0, which I guess follows 77's playstyle since he's almost always quiet. But Jivvi hasn't even replied to this thread as far as I can tell, his only post regarding this Mafia being in the sign-up thread. (unless I'm missing something, I checked but I may be wrong).
I'm just surprised, and wanted to repeat what other's have said about them being quiet because it's good to remember/bring up this stuff.
And once I go and type this out 77 goes and makes a post. Why do I feel like this happens every game. >.< Just ignore that I guess.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
I definitely agree with Notty where I don't think those who voted Kallie yesterday are Mafia and focusing on that as a premise for searching for Mafia feels like a waste of time.
For starters 2 out of the 4 kallie voters* are dead AND were townies: them being Caff and raxo. We can see why raxo died with his (unfortunate) claim, but Caff's death isn't so clear. It could be a purposeful kill because Caff voted kallie (which I think(?) notty is implying), or it could've been random. Both lines of thought are valid.

Otherwise the only other 2 left would be Fragile and tim.

I don't think tim has been all that suspicious. Tim, from what I can see, mostly voted kallie so the bandwagon on him didn't go through. The self-preservation lynch definitely could be considered "suspicious" depending on how you look at it, but I think it makes sense: there was nothing to back-up the bandwagon and the "evidence" was rather flimsy. Saving yourself in an instance of that makes sense.
In terms of other people considering tim suspicious, at most I think it's only been caused because he's been kind of confusing with explaining stuff or has had really bad format issues (like that post on pg 7), but nothing else imo.

Fragile... I don't even know. I don't want to get involved with that discussion.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Something I did think was curious though was that Notty was the one to begin the reverse bandwagon onto Kallie then right before the end of the day unvoted which I think is kinda strange. Now if I was a conspiracy theorist**, I would think that maybe, just maybe, it was all a plan to take away votes from a Mafia and put it onto a townie! *dun dun duuuuuuuun*
Yes, yes I know Kallie said she didn't use logic in that one post regarding the vote for tim, thats not what I found curious since it makes sense that such a statement would make people vote kallie, and one of the reasons I don't find tim suspicious as explained above.
The reason for Notty to reverse-bandwagon kallie makes sense. The unvoting at the last second & without explanation is what causes me to scratch my head.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I definitely feel Vatu is a bit sketchy and hasn't really explained his reasoning well, so I may end up voting him in a little while should more things come up.

*I'm not counting Notty as someone who voted for Kallie in this paragraph cause I'm just focusing on those who were on the final vote-count for clarity; that doesn't mean I do/don't think Notty is suspicious. ;P
**(No, not the in-game role. Like an actual person who comes up with silly conspiracies or reasons for things that have happened. 7/11 was a part-time job and all that. Is there actually a name synonymous with conspiracy theorist in this context? because I honestly can't think of one.)

Fragile

Not Former Staff
Reaction score
Website
www.clubpenguin.com
Notty brings up a good point (woah, a post by fragile that isn't "notty is mafia omg"). Its entirely possible that Mafia decided to kill people in the kallie pool of votes.
On another note, I'm more suspicious of GmK and Jivvi right now. They seem eerily quiet, especially Jivvi.

ALSO:
I could see you and Fragile going intentionally against eachother as a strategy.
Wouldn't be a half-terrible strategy, BUT I'm not Mafia (And I honestly don't think Tim is either)

Vatumok

Former CA
Reaction score
JKangaroo
The way the voting and conversation has gone is leading me to believe that the mafia is controlling the days and therefore I am stepping up a bit as townie to make sure we're not just lynched out. The Tim vote was pure intuition so I can understand that it's a bit sketchy but the day was going nowhere and I was hoping it could at least bring up some good discussion and check what other people vote. For the rest I think I drew fairly reasonable conclusions out of what nottycat posted and happened at (the end of) day 1.

Nottykitten

Nomnomnom kitteh!
Reaction score
Considering people are getting it wrong it means I did word it poorly.
It could be a purposeful kill because Caff voted kallie (which I think(?) notty is implying)
I meant to imply that the Mafia is planning on lynching the ones that voted Kallie, and then giving the reason "They voted a Towny and 1 or 2 must be Mafia!". Atleast that is what I think is happening right now with Vatu and Samlem.

Mooglie

The Local Cow
Reaction score
donna: fragile(1), raxo(1), fragile(3)
coffee: samlen(1), myuser(1),
samlen: tim(1), fragile(2)
fragile: notty(1),
fiesta: notty (2),

naoh: oog(1),
ooglie: naoh(1), naoh(3)
nolynch: fragile(1), raxo(1), naoh(2), shade(2), fragile(3), naoh(4), kallie(1)
timdood: timdood(1), shade (BW 1),
shade: oog(2),
notty: fragile(ogod 2),

myuser: notty(1),
notty: fragile(ogod 1), tim(1), fragile(3)
fragile: fragile(2),
tim: vatu(1), shade(BW1), kallie(BW1)
kallie: notty(2), caff(1), fragile(4), raxo(1), tim(2),
fragile: oog(1), myuser(1),

vatu: notty(1),

(x) = their first/second/third/fourth/yada yada yada vote
(BWx) = bandwagon

i thought i would do this while reading through thread looking for stuff, hopefully it will help somehow
also conspiracy: coffee got votes day 0, caffeinatedkitty got killed last night??????????????????????????

Status
Not open for further replies.