Blocktopia - Accepted Grand_Tarkin's Moderator Application

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grand_Tarkin

Reaction score
What is your in-game name? (Please also give any alt accounts, and if you're applying for our TTT server, your Steam ID.)

Grand_Tarkin

What timezone do you live in?

GMT/UTC - UK Time :)

How many hours have you played on the server for?

56 days and 13 hours!

How many hours can you spend helping out the server per week?

Depends on the time of year. In September and before exam times it'll become a little less but on average around a few hours a day - with more on the weekends. Though I'm available via discord far more given it's on my phone.

What prior staffing experience do you have? (It is not mandatory and it is not a problem if you do not have any.)

I am currently a staff member in the TCH Roleplay, which plays on the server in SimCity. Though not server staff experience, it has given me channel moderating powers. It's a position which has allowed me to gain some experience in moderating but also developing my own opinions and thoughts into far less ramble-filled rants.

What do you think the role entails?

Helping those who need a hand, whether that be through moderating the chats or giving some service-related advice. In a very unbiased and neutral way, I think staff have a responsibility to make sure the community is working well so as many people can enjoy themselves as much as possible. Not to be fun police, while at the same time making sure there isn't chaos. In all honesty, I think it also involves being a richer part of the community itself. Not just being a member but taking an active role in it and having some responsibility for it.

Why do you want to be a staff member?

As stated above, so I can get more involved in the community. It's a community that has welcomed me and my friends in and has given me a medium to play my favourite game in a fun and friendly environment. I guess I want to give back to that. Also, I am what they call in the business an "imperfect person", and I firmly believe that new and different tasks and challenges are a great way to improve myself as a player, as a community member and as a person.

What qualities can you bring to the current staff team, that set you apart from other applicants?

I think being articulate and confident are key aspects of my personality, but also level headedness. Anybody who has known me for many years will know that this has not always been the case. Some years back I would have preferred a shouting match rather than a calmed collected discussion but I think that makes me a better person to moderate those discussions. I know what it is like and have grown from that position. Though I can be sarcastic as times, I think I have grown a lot since first joining EscapeRestart and I think this experience gives me this quality. Empathy may be a good word for it, while also being calm and level headed.

How would you approach a problem that you are unfamiliar with?

I look at as much of the problem as I possible can. Take in as much information as I can before making any decisions or taking any actions. While I cannot help immediate reactions, I try my best to ensure that this is supplemented with as much data as possible before taking a course of action, especially in situations where I am unfamiliar. If it proves I am out of my depth, I will seek help and guidance before making any decisions.

I cannot gurantee that my response to all problems will be perfect, but I can guarantee that I will approach these problems with a calm and level head and an open mind. If that proves to not be enough for the situation, I'm not afraid to ask for help if and when it is needed.

Is there anything else we should know or you want to tell us?

I am a little out of date with commands, W/E commands too. I know the basics but, especially with the new W/E setup, I'm not too amazing at remembering all the commands. Besides this (which I think I can learn pretty easily) I am a very active member of the TCH roleplay and so may be able to help with issues when it comes to the roleplay, as I have as a RP Staff member for the past year.

Got any builds you'd like to show off? (Create only but not mandatory)

I wouldn't say show off xD but I do have two cities ./warp Wiltshire and ./warp Washington

Building is not my strongest attribute. My ability to reason and handle situations, disputes and people is my strength over building but they are pretty good in my opinion (though definitely a bit patch work in some areas lol).

Please list your references: (For most applications at least 1 reference is mandatory, must be a current Moderator+ on EscapeRestart!)

Refrigerated_Elements

sessybessy

aka Jenben101
Creative Staff
Survival Staff
Reaction score
Although we've played online together I don't have any strong opinions of you, we've never really crossed paths so I can't say much. You have a pretty strong application though, I'd say go for a trial too :)

Grand_Tarkin

Reaction score
Although we've played online together I don't have any strong opinions of you, we've never really crossed paths so I can't say much. You have a pretty strong application though, I'd say go for a trial too :)

Thank you. I appreciate it - I know we've not really interacted much but I hope this changes in the future!

-Tark :)

Reactions: Hex and sessybessy

Refrigerated_Elements

Dear Apparition
Admin
Donor
Creative Staff
Reaction score
Very well written Application Grand. I have not payed that closely attention to you from a perspective of you wanting to become staff on Blocktopia. However from what I have seen you are mostly friendly and capable from what I have seen of your staffing of the TCH roleplay. I do suggest working on your tone sometimes since in the past I have noticed some issues with you wording things a bit too harshly, but the one incident I am thinking of was about 6 months ago so you very well may have changed. I am going to vote a +0.5 with that said and in favor of giving you a trial for Mod.

Reactions: Hex

Hex

Keyboard & Tech Content Creator
Donor
Reaction score
Website
hexical.me
Hey grand, thanks for applying!

Your application looks well thought out, and I am quite pleased to see that its obvious you took time to think about the questions and answer them nicely.
I'm not around much on the server, but I keep an eye via discord and console a lot and I see that you are fairly active, talkative, and friendly to people.

I'm all for you going into Trial-Mod. I'll DM you on discord and Swift will handle all the in-game stuff.

Accepted - Trial Mod (One Week)

Status
Not open for further replies.