Can we get a WoW Subforum? Please?

JKangaroo

Your Local, Neighborhood Marsupial
Reaction score
You can always make an unofficial guild if you wanted to, and maybe, if others join, can make it "official" declared by the admins or something. Maybe. (is that possible? I know the plug channel was unofficial for a time so I don't see why it can't also happen in this instance, or any other thing someone may do on another server, like an unofficial Path of Exile clan or a Trove club or something... some other game)

Though getting community members who already play to join may be tricky for a long-standing mmo like WoW since they probably are already in a guild & longstanding friends/have tons of characters they primarily play on a specific server(s). Starting anew can be hard unless you want to character transfer. ( but that costs money ;-; ) People could have characters in this unofficial guild that they may jump on/off or occasionally, but maybe starting with a few people then finding new people may be best. (now that I think about it, that's one way you can introduce people to the community. x), and thus, if the guild gains traction, a subforum could be put out, otherwise you could just use a normal thread for discussion i guess)

For what it's worth, I'd be willing to join a guild once the pre-launch event/next expansion roll around (maybe earlier... I want to relevel through MoP again). I don't really have any ties anymore since most people I know stopped playing during Cata so I've mostly been starting fresh on new servers. Wouldn't mind doing it again.

Jolterino

'_>'
Mafia Host
Reaction score
You can always make an unofficial guild if you wanted to, and maybe, if others join, can make it "official" declared by the admins or something. Maybe. (is that possible? I know the plug channel was unofficial for a time so I don't see why it can't also happen in this instance, or any other thing someone may do on another server, like an unofficial Path of Exile clan or a Trove club or something... some other game)

Though getting community members who already play to join may be tricky for a long-standing mmo like WoW since they probably are already in a guild & longstanding friends/have tons of characters they primarily play on a specific server(s). Starting anew can be hard unless you want to character transfer. ( but that costs money ;-; ) People could have characters in this unofficial guild that they may jump on/off or occasionally, but maybe starting with a few people then finding new people may be best. (now that I think about it, that's one way you can introduce people to the community. x), and thus, if the guild gains traction, a subforum could be put out, otherwise you could just use a normal thread for discussion i guess)

For what it's worth, I'd be willing to join a guild once the pre-launch event/next expansion roll around (maybe earlier... I want to relevel through MoP again). I don't really have any ties anymore since most people I know stopped playing during Cata so I've mostly been starting fresh on new servers. Wouldn't mind doing it again.
We do have a PoE guild: http://www.pathofexile.com/guild/profile/154654

• Informative
Reactions: JKangaroo

JKangaroo

Your Local, Neighborhood Marsupial
Reaction score
Also things to consider if an official or unofficial guild is decided upon or you simply make one on a whim...

-What faction would the guild be based on? Alliance or Horde? Some people like one over the other. Some may like both but prefer one faction (like I play mainly Alliance with a few hordie characters). If one faction is chosen, will there be a sister guild or the like for the opposite faction? This could be important, but only really major if already established members want to join but differ in preferable faction, otherwise not so much.
(though Blizz should really just sort of get rid of barriers with faction to extant already, like in grouping or with guilds. I mean Azeroth's already had so. many. world-ending catastrophes, invasions, and big-baddies we've had to band together to fight back before. And things like the Legion's expansion where factions are "sort of splintering" and classes coming together in unison instead and I believe a "mercenary mode" being worked on for PvP(?) where you will join battlegrounds with the opposing faction, and even shared auction houses I believe at WoD's start, so why not just tear down some of the other barriers? Makes sense lore/gameplay wise, especially with the huge drop in subs. They can still keep the factions just allow more intermingling amoung server populations)

-Secondly, what server would it be stationed on? What's it's population? (High, Medium, Low? Does it get full often? Do you like heavily populated servers?) What's the ratio between Alliance and Horde players? (Relatively similar populations? Or is one more common than the other? Like Proudmoore on NA realms is mostly alliance players.) I guess cross-realm technology and stuff have sort of made this a moot point but I don't really know how large it's effect is. Also is it a PvE server? PvP? PvP-RP? RP? I'm not interested in WoW PvP and hate ganking so I only play on RP or PvE servers. But do others like otherwise? (like world pvp could be prevelant on pvp servers, though from what I hear thats been dead since Wotlk)
-What realm? North America? Europe? Oceania? etc? Important for timezones if you want people to play together or set up things like meetings or raid nights or whatever.

Ehhhhhhhh... I'm probably looking to much into things/probably just stating things I tend to do before settling down to play on a server, but meh, thought it was worth mentioning. Probably everything (besides the faction bit) is only relevant if its mostly people who already frequent the forums play/join the guild, and there's probably less of that happening/being as important as players who already are on the server that possibly join. Plus a guild would probably just be formed on a server someone already plays on, or they just join an already established guild a Topian's apart of.