OOC Remnants of the Elements Discussion

Catcocomics

Reaction score
I feel we could have the human/'dragon' mix-bloods and other types of humanoids without going sci-fi or having any sci-fi elements in the time period when the guardians reawaken.
It'll be like, the full-blood 'dragons' come and are perceived as foreign spirits or deities by the humans, some mate with humans all over the world, and then depart, leaving behind a bunch of human/'dragon' hybrids capable of slightly different magic than that of the other denizens of the planet.
The magic these hybrids have is slightly stronger and more stable than that of the humans, but they have to eat a lot of food to replenish their magic.

Plus, a lot of legends and other stuff could be applied to these hybrids, such as groups that actively hunt them (because I don't know, that group might feel the existence of the hybrids is an insult to the guardians or something?)
The hybrids would also know about as much about the world/universe as all the humans.

• Optimistic
Reactions: Hunter

CaffeinatedKitty

Intoxicated Feline
Reaction score
Oh noooo I just realized
Over time, language evolves. Based off the amount of time the Guardians are spending asleep, the people that live on the world now probably speak something completely different from what the Guardians speak. What do we do about that...?

• Haha

Faliara

Reaction score
[HEADCANON] The reasons why the guardians all understood each other is because of an ingrate ability to understand literally everyone, as that's kind of necessary when you're co-creating a planet.

In reality, everyone's actually speaking different languages- some a mix of English and Malay (Himinn), others complete English (Ross) amd some possibly Greek (Zwn). It could be that everyone actually is speaking English, but due to the existence of different origins that's not likely.

Of course, after the period of slumber, this ability has faded over time. For some, like Himinn, this'll still be going strongly, but for others it would either be a little buggy or they cannot understand anyone at all. And they cannot regain it until in the presence of someone who can for long enough, communicating with them. While this will have its advantages, it also has its disadvatages as it would mean that things that the guardians would like to keep secret still has a higher chance of being heard, no matter what language they try to use.

Morse codes, braille and other written forms of letters do not count.

• Agree
Reactions: Enderfive

CaffeinatedKitty

Intoxicated Feline
Reaction score
What does the ability depend on? Reliance on or appreciation of verbal communication, empathy with others, ability to read peoples' expressions? I imagine that since the strength of the remaining ability varies, it depends on some characteristic of the Guardians.

Faliara

Reaction score
What does the ability depend on? Reliance on or appreciation of verbal communication, empathy with others, ability to read peoples' expressions? I imagine that since the strength of the remaining ability varies, it depends on some characteristic of the Guardians.
None of the above, but your characteristics does play a part in why it remains strong for some. For example, while Ark is shunned by a good deal of people, he's still trying to be a good person, so it's still going to be working- but only for the first new language he comes across as well as every language the guardian he spoke with were actually using, as he doesn't speak much with others, period.

Pretty much, multiple characteristics will factor in the strength of this ability, and it's kind of a wild card as to how it'll turn out as sometimes even the smallest, most seemingly unimportant characteristic could affect how this ability works.

On another note, I think Ross' leader comment has gotten a little into my head. What do you think? Does everyone really look up to her as a leader? The group of humans following her sure do...

CaffeinatedKitty

Intoxicated Feline
Reaction score
Well, the sky- if you think of it as air in general- is the one of the most important defining factors of the types of creatures living on a planet :p plus she's head of one of the four main elements, and would be just the one without Alouette, Airis, and Skri'ik. If Skri'ik can be considered an air Guardian and not water. Ó_Ò so yeah, I think it's pretty plausible that they'd see her as a leader.

S_swimmer

The Speedo
Reaction score
Yea, I'd say Himinn's the leader, Ark also does

Also I'll dull down Ark's physical/magical capabilities after the stasis but is it ok if his curse is still going strong or at least only a little dulled

CaffeinatedKitty

Intoxicated Feline
Reaction score
In just conflicted on how Alouette's powers are to be dulled. I'm guessing less of an ability to stand the difference in pressure and oxygen at great heights, and probably ending up unable to lift herself or others more than a few feet without using her wings. And just lose the ability to lift too many others at the same time, except in extreme situations like you mentioned....ohohoho am I planning things.
Also, Rosstopia gains one more follower gg

Reaction score
My character. (Since this is all fictional and it's in a medieval like era)

Name: Nicolas Mactavish
Race: Human
Job/Occupation: Wanderer, Former Knight
DoB and PoB: Windhelm, 14 November (no year since i still dont know what year the guardians will awaken)
Like: Adventures, Mythical legends
Hate: Dragons, Swamps

(Unexplained mythical powers: Dragonborn
Dragonborn powers(not shouts): Fire and Ice)
(This is an optional thing I would like to input. Please confirm if this is allowed)

Equipment:
- DragonRend (A blade said to be the Dragon Slaying Blade)
Obtained from his father's box of memoirs.

- Shield of Windhelm (The shield of the King of Windhelm)
Obtained from the king of windhelm.

Origin story: not yet confirmed/final yet

Relatives:
- Little brother: Conour Mactavish (deceased)
Killed by the Ice dragon

Parents:
- Dad: Wayne Mactavish (deceased)
Killed in a house fire
- Mom: Eilazabeth Mactavish (deceased)
Killed in a house fire

• Creative
Reactions: Enderfive

Timdood3

Mafia Host
Reaction score
My character. (Since this is all fictional and it's in a medieval like era)

Name: Nicolas Mactavish
Race: Human
Job/Occupation: Wanderer, Former Knight
DoB and PoB: Windhelm, 14 November (no year since i still dont know what year the guardians will awaken)
Like: Adventures, Mythical legends
Hate: Dragons, Swamps

(Unexplained mythical powers: Dragonborn
Dragonborn powers(not shouts): Fire and Ice)
(This is an optional thing I would like to input. Please confirm if this is allowed)

Equipment:
- DragonRend (A blade said to be the Dragon Slaying Blade)
Obtained from his father's box of memoirs.

- Shield of Windhelm (The shield of the King of Windhelm)
Obtained from the king of windhelm.

Origin story: not yet confirmed/final yet

Relatives:
- Little brother: Conour Mactavish (deceased)
Killed by the Ice dragon

Parents:
- Dad: Wayne Mactavish (deceased)
Killed in a house fire
- Mom: Eilazabeth Mactavish (deceased)
Killed in a house fire
I hate to break this to you, but this isn't a medieval rp. Sure, there will be some medieval elements, it's kind of unavoidable, but we're trying to not pull too closely from Earth's past.

On an unrelated note, I don't really like when people pull things from other places (like games) and bring them to an rp :/

(And now you hate me and I don't even know you. Great.)

• Agree