ZUPLAR INVASION - GAME OVER - TOWN WIN

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
A shot.

Just one shot ended it all.

Ltin, sure of Iggish's evil nature after witnessing a hallucination the night before, pulls out a gun, points it at Iggish and fires the trigger.

Iggish falls. He hits the ground. He gasps for air as the citizens crowd round him.

They watch, and listen, as their President reveals his badge - the President of their city, Michael Zuplar - and, with ever shortening breath, admits the truth. He wheezes and gasps, and holds his hand to his blood-seeping wound, but he fights through. He tells the citizens of his city what had happened. He tells them that the aliens captured him at the start - threatened him. Promised him infinite treasures if he turned his back on his city and helped their cause. He always was a man of... weakness... to the prospect... of wealth...

His eyes begin to shut. His breath is thin.

He says he is sorry for the deaths he helped cause.

He wishes them safety.

He wishes a new President be elected, and the mission of ZUPLAR, the original mission, be kept going. For humanity.

His eyes suddenly widen. He grips Ltin's arm tight. He gasps.

"This is not the end. You need to-"

He chokes.

He spits.

He lies still.

The screen above flickers.

Iggish HAS BEEN KILLED. IGGISH WAS MICHAEL ZUPLAR THE PRESIDENT. (CAN MAKE PUBLIC MESSAGES TO THE THREAD ANONYMOUSLY DURING THE DAY. EVERYONE WILL KNOW THAT THE PRESIDENT OF THE CITY IS WRITING THESE MESSAGES. MAY ALSO WRITE A MESSAGE AT NIGHT READY TO BE INSTANTLY SENT IN THE MORNING.)

----

3 months later.

50 light-years away from Earth.

A mangled, empty shell of a planet sits in space.

---

GAME OVER.

TOWN WINS.

--
Thanks for amazing game guys, I really enjoyed hosting, and a lot of you took the game really seriously and contributed a bunch and put a lot of effort into playing which was really heartwarming to see. I hope you all had fun. And I'm sorry mafia team for your absolute trash fortune this game. Also quick apology on behalf of Java for incorrectly encrypting some of the lines (Lines 2 & 3 in Scribe's Tomb), making them easier to decipher than they were supposed to be, making Foggy's role not as useful, making the cop mechanic easier to work out than it should have been, and making hip's deal with TheWeakGuy48_ end with him keeping his soul [since I imagine TWG would have kept his role if he felt he needed it to decipher death messages, although I doubt hip having TWG's soul would have made any difference to the game] - I should have double checked the encryption were all 100% correct before the game started but I didn't and trusted the software to be right and obviously they were not. I don't think it had too much impact on the rest of the game though hopefully!!!

Special credits go to webpaige for hand-drawing the alien language all by herself, as well as coding the encryption software that we used and coming up with the whole idea in the first place.

Thanks for playing!​

AWARDS

First To Go Award - Enderfive
(Died first, how fun)

Outsmarted By Dog Award - HKCaper
(Plan to frame Vino was ruined by Mulbery the Tracker Dog)

Scribes Are My Favourite Role Award - hipman500
(In attempts to grab souls, visited both scribes, both of whom decided their role wasn't worth keeping, and so ended up with no souls)

Everything Sucks, Including Me Award - Ooglie101
(Spent the entire game complaining and refusing to play)

Assumptions Make An Ass, Or Do They Award - Vino
(Assumed the person he saw in his hallucination was the drug dealer, causing Unusual to reveal his role, which changed the entire course of the game)

Town-sided After All Award - Foggy2406
(Shot his team member and almost framed Iggish through pasting his mafia chat line into the thread about being visited by Ltin night 2 and suggesting he's a PR who can obviously visit people during the night)

Mafia-sided After All Award- myusername22
(Gunned 3/4 Mafia members in the game, consecutively)

Professional Scribe IRL & Patience Of An Angel Awards - Nottykitten
(Managed to manually decode the scribe tomb lines, and showed a lot of patience and forgiveness when things went wrong with encryption and their time was wasted which I'm very grateful for!)

Cards On The Table Award - PinkUnicornz
(Claimed their role as soon as they got a report on Night 1, never held anything back)

One Small Step For Man Award - Ltin
(Ended the game by shooting the last Mafia member)

Survivalist Award - Unusual_Dood
(Saved his own life by blocking the person who set out to kill him at night, and ended up surviving until the end of the game, despite being an important role)

Destined To Be Alone Award - TheWeakGuy48_
("That one time I actually is able to have a nightchat with someone and it's gone by after night 0. Damn im pissed" - TWG, Scribe Chat)

Best [and only] Dog Award - Mulbery
(Successfully included a bark/woof in every post, and used them fluently with their writing so that it seemed extremely natural... dog confirmed???)

Humans Rule Award - Iggish
(Managed to become the last member of the Mafia standing, with all the Aliens having died before him, despite them having secondary win conditions to have him killed)

Survivor Of Zuplar Invasion Award - TheWeakGuy48_, Unusual_Dood, Ltin, PinkUnicornz, Nottykitten, myusername22
(Survived until the end of the game)

Best Mafia Host Award - webpaige
Simply, an amazing mafia host

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Setup:

Name: Dimitri Avodashta (Enderfive)
Role: Medic
Alignment: Town
Description: You are one of the leading medics in the city, responsible for many scientific advancements and for saving many lives. With state of the art technology at your disposal, you are confident that you should be able to keep one citizen per night safe under your supervision, and should anybody be injured, you are able to transport them to your medical bay to successfully patch them up.
Ability: May choose a player at night to protect and/or heal them for that night.
Win condition: All threats to the Town are eliminated.

Name: Johnathan May (Vino)
Role: Resident Watchman
Description: You spend your nights on patrol around the residency area of the city, keeping a watchful eye on the streets and reporting any trouble to your chief of watch. Last week, you fell ill, and were absent at your post during the night. That night was the night of the first attack, and, as far as you know, every single watchman was slaughtered by an intruding alien race; the same race which is now in hiding among the city-folk. As the only Watchman left, you vow to keep the city safe, but being, you think, alone, you can only garuntee a watchful eye on one resident at a time.
Ability: May choose a player each night, and receive a report the following morning on who visited that player during the night.

Name: Lewis Groore (Nottykitten)
Role: Scribe
Description: One of only two citizens in the city educated at the University of Aurothria and capable of translating and reading the recently discovered language of an ancient alien race, you spend your nights with your colleague decrypting writing from an ancient tomb found on a recent expedition to Arcadia. Now that the city has come under attack, presumably from a race originating from Arcadia itself, you hope your abilities will prove useful, for while you're no soldier or battle-hero, knowledge is often key to success, and a powerful tool.
Ability: May choose one line of Alien Writing to translate each night. Shares a night chat with colleague.

Name: Sasha Winters (TheWeakGuy48_)
Role: Scribe
Description: One of only two residents in the city educated at the University of Aurothria and capable of translating and reading the recently discovered language of an ancient alien race, you spend your nights with your colleague decrypting writing from an ancient tomb found on a recent expedition to Arcadia. Now that the city has come under attack, presumably from a race originating from Arcadia itself, you hope your abilities will prove useful, for while you're no soldier or battle-hero, knowledge is often key to success, and a powerful tool.
Ability: May choose one line of Alien Writing to translate each night. Shares a night chat with colleague.

Name: Vendal Crepp (Unusual_Dood)
Role: Drug Dealer
Description: A fairly well known and reliable dealer of hallucinogenic drugs, you knock on citizen's doors at night, offering your produce for a small fee. After the recent attacks and horror in the city, business has benefited greatly, and anybody in the city is willing to take the edge off for a while, and to be transported to lands within their imagination as an escape from the violent terrors that lurk within the space-city walls. And you hope to use your booming business to be of some help, knowing full well that your product deems anyone catatonic for a portion of time, and that any alien scum would be unable to commit their crimes while under the influence. And the smell and glitter of your product are too much for anyone to resist.
Ability: May choose a player at night - this player will be roleblocked that night, and experience hallucinations.

Name: Good Boy (Mulbery)
Role: Tracker Dog
Description: Woof woof! You're a good dog, you're told, and were trained from a pup in the fine and delicate art of smells, and were used with the police back home for a long time, sniffing corpses and matching killers to crimes, able to identify the scent of the last person with the victim and track them down. Sent here as a retirement gift from the police force, your owner was brutally murdered in a recent attack, and so you vow to avenge him, and spend each night in the graveyard, picking up scents from the deceased and trying to navigate through the city to find the killer. Armed with a collar that allows you to communicate to the humans, you prepare to do your part and help the town.
Ability: May choose one dead player at night, and in the morning is given a list of players who make up 50% of the living, one of whom is the killer. The following night may choose a different target, or may continue on the same trail and further reduce the list the next morning to contain only 25% of the living, one of whom is the killer. Must use the word 'bark' or 'woof' with every post written.

Name: Berney Baxter (myusername22)
Role: Gun Dealer
Description: You came to this place to get away from life back home, but having no other skills and crime as your only expertise, you make a living by selling illegal weaponry to the citizens, supplied by your brother who works in the city Armoury. You've been responsible for many of the cities rebellion uprisings, assassinations and unfortunate casualties, but now that the city is under threat, you intend to use your position to be of some help for once, and maybe restore some karma that you've inevitably lost over the years.
Ability: May choose a player each night - that player will receive a gun the following morning. Guns can be fired during the day, and cause the target to bleed out and die that night, unless treated. Guns being illegal, anyone who fires a shot will be arrested that night (roleblocked).

Name: Arazona Shuwoo (PinkUnicornz)
Role: Prophet
Description: You are a member of the Ancient Order, a group of spiritually gifted human beings, able to transcend your dimension and into the realm of your God, Bakatha. Your city in danger, you converse with your God each night, and learn secrets that may prove useful in your reality.
Ability: Dreams of a role in the setup every night. Sees three players in the dream, one of whom has this role.

Name: Sarah Jane (Ltin)
Role: Journalist
Description: After news of the alien attack hit home, you decided to risk your life for your career and travelled to the space-city, hoping to work, find clues, and help the city overcome the threat that prevails over it. You decide to interview a citizen each night and keep notes in your journal, which, should you unfortunately be killed, may prove useful to anyone who finds it.
Ability: May choose a player during the day; visits them in a PM chat at night. Each night may write up to 100 words in a journal. Upon death, this journal is released publicly.

Name: Hu'ta'ga A'rhya Limentia (Foggy2406)
Role: Alien Hacker
Alignment: Mafia/Alien
Description: Taking on the form of a citizen in this monster-ridden city, you have disguised yourself perfectly among your attackers, sent with the mission to eradicate all, and to use your mastery of hacking to aid your cause. You've got access to the ship's public broadcaster and are able to encrypt certain messages into your own language so that only your people can know what it says. You've also able to cause an electrical failure, cutting out the lights and causing a blackout, creating mass confusion and panic. Your skills should hopefully benefit you and your team greatly in defending your home. You and your team have also managed to bribe the space-city's President onto your team, and whilst you intent to use their help to win this war, killing him before he can demand his reward would prove very useful indeed...
Ability: While alive, death roles will be encrypted in alien language, and aliens will be told what it says. For one time only may cause a power surge during the day and make voting anonymous for that day (done through PM during the day).
Win condition: The Mafia have majority.
Secondary win condition [does not take priority, but grants an additional achievement]: The President, your Mafia teammate, is dead by the time the Mafia have majority.

Name: P'ula He'vklu Y'ann (HKCaper)
Role: Alien Doppelganger
Description: One of the few of your species born with the gift of transformation - that is, to transform, temporarily, into the mind, body and soul of another and to read their thoughts and recall their memories- you joined your friends in defending your planet, hoping to use your abilities to get an understanding of the threats in play, and to steal the identities of your foes to cause confusion and conflict. You and your team have also managed to bribe the space-city's President onto your team, and whilst you intent to use their help to win this war, killing him before he can demand his reward would prove very useful indeed...
Ability: May choose a player at night, learning their role the following morning, and will reveal as their role upon death.
Secondary win condition [does not take priority, but grants an additional achievement]: The President, your Mafia teammate, is dead by the time the Mafia have majority.

Name: Vi'nney Ke'elley Limentia (Ooglie101)
Role: Alien Tattoo Artist
Description: An artist on your home planet, you joined the fight against the humans with your Father, instructed to use your abilities to distract the enemy from gaining the upper hand. You may also decide to use your position to have a bit of fun with what exactly you put on the skin of those you mark... You and your team have also managed to bribe the space-city's President onto your team, and whilst you intent to use their help to win this war, killing him before he can demand his reward would prove very useful indeed...
Ability: May choose a player at night, roleblocking them for that night and giving them a tattoo. May draw the tattoo for them/send a picture as a tattoo for them, which will be made public upon their death.

Name: Michael Zuplar (Iggish)
Role: The President
Alignment: Mafia
Description: You are the president of the city. You'd think you'd be on the city's side in this brutal war, but early on, in the first attack, the aliens captured you, threatened you, and offered you eternal riches and powers if you helped them destroy your own people. Scared they'd kill you if you refused to join them, and drawn to the sound of having your own planet as a reward, you joined the alien forces and aim to use your position as President to guide the town into destruction from within, and get out of this mess alive.
Ability: Can make public messages to the thread anonymously during the day. Everyone will know that the President of the city is writing these messages. May also write a message at night ready to be instantly sent in the morning, and may request for a message to be sent at a certain time (e.g. 4:00pm GMT), which will be adhered to when possible.

Name: Baalzebub Devalta (hipman500)
Role: Devil
Alignment: Third Party
Description: Banished from your home in the Lands of Fire, you live aboard this space-city, hoping to get through your 1000 year sentence and return back home in one piece. After the recent attacks, you decide to use your devilish abilities to manipulate the living to ensure your survival, for to be a trapped soul in this place of filth would be worse than facing the Trials of Redemption at home.
Ability: May choose a player during the day - this player is given a choice at night. They can either lose their role and keep their soul, or give their soul to the Devil and keep their role. At any point during the game, the Devil can control the vote of anyone who they have the soul of, but can only be used once per person. Is unable to be night-killed. The Devil's targets will be informed of what giving up their soul entails, but unable to share this information with anyone else.
Win condition: Alive at the end of the game.​

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
(Bonus award for Foggy that I promised him but forgot about until he reminded me just now)

Inf Is A Dumb-Dumb But I Saved Him Award
(Reminded me that encryption wasn't supposed to happen when he had used his gun, after I told him I was just finishing his encryption when he asked how long I was going to be in resolving night)​

• Thank You
Reactions: Fog

TheWeakGuy48_

Geezuslike
Donor
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Also Mafia may I ask you why you didn't kill Notty night 0? Looking back, none of the texts would be translated and it's very possibly that the mass claim wouldn't happen, maybe did you get a report telling you that enderfive was doc and that was more important?

Tbf oak kinda destroyed the chances of Iggish using his role against the mafia?

myusername22

A username.
Donor
Reaction score
Website
escaperestart.com
Yes you lynched me, bullies :(((

Also, yes many thanks to Inffy and paige for creating this splendid game. Reading the thread never failed to brigthen my fay
If I may ask, why did you claim Johnathan May? This made no sense from my perspective since you knew the name already existed it seems to me claiming the exact same name just made it a kill you or him, which would 90% of the time meant we lynched both of you. It doesn't seem worthwhile to make that claim to get a single townie most of the times whereas you could have just waited until you nightkilled him and made up a different role for yourself.

HKCaper

Almighty Goat
Reaction score
Myuser, the one and only reason I claimed jonathan may was to share this information with the rest of the mafia. All the other things like the confusion it caused, was just for banter.