Author: Catcocomics
Type: Zombie
Border: Self-contained
Download: /warp worldend
Game Time: night lock
Round Time: 7 minutes (for now)
Minimum Players: 4
Notes:
*All players are to have a permanent glowing effect.
*Angry Whisp kit to have permanent invisbility instead of glowing.
*Eerie Glow kit to have permanent speed 1.
Spawns:
Survivor Spawn:

Hunter Spawns:
Kits: found on the top of the giant tree
Block Restrictions: All the terrain is godlike and invincible.
Fall Damage: no thanks
Drop Chance: 0% for both teams
Jugger Chance: 10%

Would this map work for mob?

Iggish

Reaction score
Three things at the moment that I need to ask you:
1. Is it possible to go onto the top of the tree?
2. Do you realise that the packed ice will make everyone go super fast? (if you didn't think of this, then I suggest replacing it with normal ice).
3. Can you add me to your plot so I can check the chests?

Catcocomics

Reaction score
1. Is it possible to go onto the top of the tree?
Not in normal play.
2. Do you realise that the packed ice will make everyone go super fast? (if you didn't think of this, then I suggest replacing it with normal ice).
Yes, and if it doesn't work out well, we can replace the top layer of packed ice on each source with regular ice.
Though tbh, I think it may do well in the underground tunnel beneath the tree.
3. Can you add me to your plot so I can check the chests?
sure, but it may take a few hours for me to get on.

HKCaper

Almighty Goat
Reaction score
Hi Catco, ty for submitting the map :)

First of,
Would this map work for mob?
I do not think this map would fit mob, it is too big and overall the layout does not fit mob in my opinion.

Then about the map,
My biggest concern when I saw the map was, that it would be hard to find players that hide. However, then I noticed you wanted survivors to have glowing effect, which took this concern away. I also think it is good that there are spawns all over the place, so hiding on this map will be hard. Although, it should not get too hard for survivors either, they should have a shot at winning.

Also, I have a small comment, but am not sure what you or myself can do with it. I find the map quite chaotic, while the tree on the other hand is very plain. All the grass, snow, flowers, and trees get on my nerves just a tiny bit. If I am the only one who feels that way, ignore my point.

about the ice,
I think some ice has to be changed to normal ice, and some can stay packed ice. I think the ice immediately around the tree can stay packed ice, however the ice inside the tree and around the edge of the maps (see images for what I mean with the latter) should be changed to normal ice, since they can be annoying/unnecessary.

about extra chests,
Am I correct in saying there are none? Do you intend on having some extra chest with items?

for the rest,
I'll be making another post on the kits another day, since I have to take a closer look at them. You will have to do with this for now :). Also I do not want to be pushy, but could you possibly have another look at your other map submission Zora Tag. I assume you have acces to W.E. again, so if you want to you can have a look at that map again :)

Catcocomics

Reaction score
you wanted survivors to have glowing effect
I believe I also wanted hunters to have permanent glowing, with the exception of one or two specific kits that use invisibility.
I find the map quite chaotic, while the tree on the other hand is very plain. All the grass, snow, flowers, and trees get on my nerves just a tiny bit.
The chaotic mess of snow is very much in accordance with the theme, what with the map being named "world end", and a lot of end-of-the-world scenarios being depicted as highly chaotic.
The snow also meets thematic accordance with the kits, most of which are named after various yo-kai from Yo-kai Watch, most notable being the dark hunter kit named McKraken.
For context, Squiddilius McKraken is the final boss in the main campaign of the first Yo-kai Watch game, and the map itself was modified to resemble the final confrontation with McKraken.
Am I correct in saying there are none? Do you intend on having some extra chest with items?
Indeed, there are no chests.
The survivors are intended to strategize a lot more than on most maps, use resources efficiently, and above all, stay together. This is made easier by there being only one survivor spawn, and enforced by use of the glowing effect. The survivor kits, as I recall, are made to be a bit stronger than the standard hunter kits, but the dark hunter kit is essentially a boss in comparison.
Also I do not want to be pushy, but could you possibly have another look at your other map submission Zora Tag. I assume you have acces to W.E. again, so if you want to you can have a look at that map again :)
I do have W.E. in flat one again, I've been using it to try and slowly build another undead themed mob map (this one to involve some amount of redstone), but Zora Tag isn't likely to see any changes/updates any time soon, since I am no longer in the appropriate phase/mindset for that map.

• Thank You
Reactions: HKCaper
G

Guest35486

Hi Catco, thanks for the map submission!

I'll mainly be addressing the kits, but I do share some of HK's concerns. In my opinion, packed ice would make it annoying to navigate the map, so I would suggest replacing them with normal ice. As a Zombie map that doesn't utilize one specific aspect of PvP such as knockback, (Pool Hall, Donut, Sumo) the lack of chests does seem a bit odd. While I understand your intention of wanting Survivors to team up and use their resources wisely, I believe that having chests with loot will still be beneficial, especially since it's one of the main aspects in AoD, specifically during preparation time. Speaking of that, you did not mention how long preparation time should be in your original post. Do you mind editing it in?

Now for the kits, I appreciate the effort you put into making each kit unique and having them play different roles in the game, but I do have some points I wish to bring up:

The main source of food for Survivors is Golden Apples. Frostina kits have 24 regular apples, but that's the only Survivor kit with a normal food source. This is problematic for two main reasons. Golden Apples provide regeneration and absorption, meaning that it may be difficult for Hunters to kill Survivors at all since they can regenerate right after a fight. Hunters will have to find the Survivors again after respawning and face Survivors that have already fully recovered. Even though players with the Frostina kit may share their apples, it's not guaranteed that they will. Players will run out of food pretty fast. While Golden Apples do provide regeneration, it is generally a good idea to allow players to have enough food, whether through kits or chests. I suggest reducing the amount of Golden Apples and adding normal food.

The Orochi kit has a total of 12 lingering Speed I potions, each lasting two minutes. That's 24 minutes worth of speed when the round is a total of 7 or 8 minutes. While I understand that these may be for teammates as well, lingering potions are easy to share with others in the first place. Other than that, it may be difficult for Hunters, except ones with the Eerie Glow kit, to catch up when there are so many speed potions. In addition, the same kit has a Power I Infinity bow. In my opinion, this is a bit too powerful, especially on a hill or other areas that are harder to access.

Overall, it seems like the Hunters will be too weak against the Survivors. They're already lacking an armor slot due to the pumpkin. In addition to that, Survivors' armor have Protection enchantments when most of the Hunters don't. Two of the Survivor kits have Sharp I diamond swords when only the Dark Hunter sword matches the damage. Both Frostina and Eerie Glow have four arrows, but Frostina has an Instant Damage II arrow along with a Power III bow while Eerie Glow has normal arrows with a Power II bow. You stated that this is intentional due to the lack of chests, but it would be better to include chests and balance out the kits further, in my opinion.

Lastly, the Juggernaut kit seems to be a bit too powerful. It has a full set of Prot II diamond armor with a Sharp V diamond sword, along with 16 Golden Apples. In comparison to the other Hunter kits, I doubt the Juggernaut kit needs to be this strong.

Catcocomics

Reaction score
I'll see about balancing things a little more to the normal standard, but I do want to at least be minimalistic on chests.

As for the lack of normal food, I must have completely forgotten to put that in the other survivor kits.

Catcocomics

Reaction score
Buffs and nerfs have been applied, kit stats now displayed above their respective shulker boxes.
Key:
*Melee Power: exact sword damage on a normal hit + effects.
*Ranged Power: maximum damage dealt from bow + effects.
*Enchant: damage reduced by enchantments. \[damage type] indicates what kind(s) of damage is being reduced.
*Armor: maximum damage reduced by raw armor power. This stat may be brought down to a minimum of half by standard armor ignorance from high-power attacks, the minimum is slightly raised by armor toughness. When calculating damage from sources such as fire DoT, poison, and harming potions, this stat is to be completely ignored.
*Max DR: the maximum damage reduction total granted by the full armor set.

Curse of Binding might also be a good idea to stop players from sharing stronger armor and making dps players tanky.
If there is a no-drop option to stop the sharing of weapons, that would better.

Changes include:
*Exposed packed ice not around the outdoor base of the tree replaced with regular ice.
*Shogunyan has lost his pants and boots, significantly reducing his defensive capabilities (he is barely on par with hunter tank kit)
*Angry Wisp given more chainmail, drastically raising its total DR by 10%-20%.
*Walking Wall given prot 1 on all armor pieces, raising its total DR by 12%.
*Eerie Glow given prot 1 on all armor pieces, raising its total DR by 12%.
*Angry Wisp given 4 Wisps of Hot-Foot (hunter equal to Venoct's Blessing).
*Taken 8 of Venoct's Blessing from Orochi.
*Eerie Glow given 1 harming 2 arrow.
*Some Golden Apples taken from all survivor kits.
*Orochi given 24 Yellow Tail.
*Shogunyan given 40 Yellow Tail.
*Impass given a bunch of Pork Ramen.
*3 chests scattered around the map, each containing 3 arrows.
*Squiddilius McKraken confirmed new [BCOLOR=#ff6600]DEADLIEST CATCH!!![/BCOLOR]

In addition, the same kit has a Power I Infinity bow. In my opinion, this is a bit too powerful, especially on a hill or other areas that are harder to access.
Angry Wisp has a flame 1 infinity bow, and with the recent armor upgrade, can probably constitute as a viable counter.
Additionally, Orochi/Venoct can not deal damage through shields; only minor amounts of knockback.

Comp

AoD Dev and Admin!
Tech Lead
Community Admin
Admin
Developer
AoD Staff
Reaction score
Hi catco, apologies for not getting to this sooner.

Although you've made several modifications which staff have suggested, we still don't feel as though the map would work well on the server. This map has been declined twice already, and I still feel like the overall issues with the map persist. Personally, I think the main problem with the map is the terrain, especially the tree which I think would make a fairly overpowered spot due to the bows on the map.

Thanks for the submission, but I'm going to have to decline the map.
-Declined

Status
Not open for further replies.