Map Name: Sword's Keep
Map Authors: Catcocomics
Game Type: Zombie
Map Worldborder: Self-contained
Download: /warp swordkeep
Game Time: Noon/Afternoon, dynamic
Screenshots:

Minimum amount of players: 6, may increase or decrease later
Block explosion list: Explodable: Dirt, Grass, Wood, Iron Bars, Cracked Stone Bricks, Logs, Tall Grass, Flowers, Leaves.
Block drop on/off: off
Notes:
-Players are advised to not jump off either of the side walls or the rear portions of the turrets, for only void awaits thee.
-Map designed to be a siege.
Spawn Locations: Hunters respawn in the forest (locations marked by dragon heads). Survivors spawn on the light blue kit box in front of the Church of the Sword.
Preparation time: 180-300 seconds
Round Time: 600-900 seconds (might decrease if survivors die too quickly)

[Kits]:
Survivors, Jugger, and Dark Hunter:

Hunters:

General Summary:
-Castle Guard:
Some guy with a bunch of food. Better get busy to prepare for the invasion. (permanent glowing effect)
-Hero of the Sword: The legendary hero of the sword is all that remains between the monster horde and Sword's Keep. (permanent glowing effect)
-Traitor: Apparently this guard wasn't too happy about Sword's Keep and decided to bring explosives to work. Kill him fast, before he destroys your defense from the inside! (permanent glowing effect)
-Skully: Bonehead with a very direct approach. Intended for harassing guards, felling trees and wooden barricades (as well as the castle's occupants), and scaling walls.
-Moley: Equipped with digging equipment and short-term cloaking brews. Not very durable, but made to be those sneaky fiends that tunnel through soft soils at lightning speeds. [Caution]: though there is a bedrock floor, it is possible to tunnel straight into the void if you dig recklessly around the castle.
-Holey: Equipped with fire weapons and TNT galore. Meant to be short lived and destructive, and good for blasting through weak walls. Carries a fragile pick as back up and for precision.

[Block Restrictions]:
Can't Break or Place:
cobblestone, stone bricks (normal), moss stone, half slabs, whole slabs, furnaces, crafting tables, brewing stands, book shelves, cauldrons, anvils, glowstone, packed ice, fences, end stone bricks, end rods, stained glass, stained glass panes, or wool.
this list applies to both teams.

Fall damage: yes
Can drown: no
Max build height: 35
Enable insta-zombify?: no
[Optional] Percentage drop rate for each team: 0% for both teams
[Optional] Juggernaut Chance: 12%

G

Guest35486

Hi Catco, thanks for the submission!

I've briefly talked to you about the map in game, but would like to bring up additional points after discussing the map with the staff team. The map itself has an unique concept and can work, but will need some major adjustments. Without the changes, the map will be declined.

The main issue with the map is the allocation of resources. While you have moved some of the items into the kits, players who spawn in first get a huge advantage over other Survivors. One player could hoard all the arrows or swords. The direction we want to move the map in is to make the chests more about blocks and strategy, rather than weapons and armor. This way, it'll reduce the gaps between players. Other changes are to balance the current setup.

Kits
- Give Survivors basic armor, sword, bow and a few arrows.
- Give the gold pick Hunter kit a weapon
- Give Hunters Depth Strider III. I understand that players can blow up the gate, but it provides more incentive to go through the well.
- Remove materials from kits
- Remove enchantments from Juggernaut kit. It's already powerful as it is.

Chests
- Remove the Sharpness I, Mending, Sweeping Edge III diamond swords. They're too powerful compared to the other kits and resources.
- Remove shields. A player could just sit in some corner with all the shields and survive the round.
- Remove brewing, books and enchantment material, but leave the enchantment table itself.
- Remove iron ore and some arrows, and move some arrows into other chests

• Agree
Reactions: Comp

Catcocomics

Reaction score
- Give Hunters Depth Strider III. I understand that players can blow up the gate, but it provides more incentive to go through the well.
you might not have notice, but there are bits of packed ice in the floor of the tunnel.
If you did notice and still want this any way, I'll make this change around with the others.
Is this to mean all the materials, or can a few key things like lava buckets stay?

Apart from that, I won't be able to make any changes until the coming Thursday because my dad's restricting the mobility of this laptop until I get a full driver's license (or until I find a way to convince him that this form of tactics is not ideal for anyone).

G

Guest35486

you might not have notice, but there are bits of packed ice in the floor of the tunnel.
If you did notice and still want this any way, I'll make this change around with the others.
Ah sorry, I didn't realize they were packed ice. I've tested it and they work underwater, but it might be beneficial to add Depth Strider anyway, for parts between the packed ice.
Is this to mean all the materials, or can a few key things like lava buckets stay?
Do you mind elaborating on what you consider as "key things"?

Catcocomics

Reaction score
- Remove the Sharpness I, Mending, Sweeping Edge III diamond swords. They're too powerful compared to the other kits and resources.
Replaced with 1 durability stone swords name It's a FAAAAAKE?!
- Remove shields. A player could just sit in some corner with all the shields and survive the round.
The hunter kit (Skully) designed for head-on fighting is already equipped with an axe, which has no problem disabling shields.
- Give Survivors basic armor, sword, bow and a few arrows.
I'll have to check the survivor kit to see what all is in there, but I think this mainly includes cobblestone, wood, and lava (for fortification and defenses)
Then again, I might remove the lava since it can be used to plug the fountain with obsidian.
Do you mind elaborating on what you consider as "key things"?
-removed ingredients for brewing, enchanting, and weapon/armor making from kits
+added basic iron equipment and bow
*kept materials for repairing the walls (cobblestone, wood, and sand)

- Give the gold pick Hunter kit a weapon
already has sharp 5 fir 2 lighter and flame infinity bow + tnt

Other unlisted things (jugger enchants etc...) dealt with. I told comp I'd do this next weekend, but it's ready for another look now, I think.

Reactions: Unusual_Dood
G

Guest35486

Hi Catco,

We've looked at the map again and would like to give some more feedback. It's definitely an improvement from before, but there are still a few issues. Overall, the concept could work but the map itself needs edits. At the moment, it seems a bit small and all the resources are gathered in one place. The Hunter kits seem rather unbalanced against the Survivors as Survivors get full iron armor and some Hunter kits only get leather.
The hunter kit (Skully) designed for head-on fighting is already equipped with an axe, which has no problem disabling shields.
Out of three Hunter kits, there is only one that can disable shields. With the amount of shields in this map, it will be a problem.

Changes to implement:
- Remove blaze rods and Dragon's Breath. There are plenty of other potions that can be powerful already. Lingering health potions will make it difficult to take down Survivors.
- Remove shields.
- Scatter resources. Most parts of the map are unused. This would also make sure no one hoards everything.
- Add more TNT to the Holey kit, and reduce redstone items. People will not have time or bother to build rails and use the redstone items, it'll be more efficient to increase the amount of TNT for combat and remove items like rails.
- Rework Hunter kits. Unbalanced against full iron Survivors + enchantments and potions
- Expand the map. Have the forest area extend around the map and give the fortress four towers instead of two. Reduce the area/remove room with the fake swords. The map is rather small at the moment, and this change will also make the map feel more like a siege map.

Catcocomics

Reaction score
- Remove blaze rods and Dragon's Breath. There are plenty of other potions that can be powerful already. Lingering health potions will make it difficult to take down Survivors.
I can remove the dragon's breath, but unless we've got a plugin in place to give brewing stands infinite power, potions can't be made without blaze powder.
If this is a problem due to strength, then we can remove brewing entirely.
- Scatter resources. Most parts of the map are unused. This would also make sure no one hoards everything.
- Expand the map. Have the forest area extend around the map and give the fortress four towers instead of two. The map is rather small at the moment, and this change will also make the map feel more like a siege map.
This will probably take some time to execute, but it can be done.
- Add more TNT to the Holey kit, and reduce redstone items. People will not have time or bother to build rails and use the redstone items, it'll be more efficient to increase the amount of TNT for combat and remove items like rails.
- Rework Hunter kits. Unbalanced against full iron Survivors + enchantments and potions
I'll look into this, and I actually agree that holey doesn't have enough TNT (I was just cautious about not giving them too much TNT when originally making them).
- Remove shields.
Let's discuss (in private) what shields can and can not actually do before we just start removing them from every map that hasn't already been added, because they really are not THIS strong.

G

Guest35486

I can remove the dragon's breath, but unless we've got a plugin in place to give brewing stands infinite power, potions can't be made without blaze powder.
If this is a problem due to strength, then we can remove brewing entirely.
AoD puts 64 blaze powder in brewing stands that you can't remove, kind of like lapis in enchantment tables. And yes, it's because of strength.

Comp

AoD Dev and Admin!
Tech Lead
Community Admin
Admin
Developer
AoD Staff
Reaction score
This has been open far too long. If you make any changes to the map feel free to resubmit it at any point. For now though,
Declined

Status
Not open for further replies.