Zombie Skin Competition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nillbugwtw

Zombier than thou.
Community Admin
Donor
Reaction score
Grab your paintbrushes, it's time to start designing a new Zombie Survival skin!
In order to spice up the server, I've come up with a little competition - the design-a-new-zombie-skin contest! Now that you're all out of school, what better time to spend your day sitting at the computer making a minecraft skin? To the winner, a $10 Steam game awaits, so get ready to start working!​
Rules:1. All skins must be your own work. Downloading skins from a skin hosting site and submitting them will not be permitted, and you will be disqualified immediately upon doing so.​
2. All skin submissions must be zombie themed - don't design an Elmo skin and submit it, because frankly, being chased by a little furry muppet isn't in the slightest bit frightening.​
3. All submissions must be entered by July 6th at 9:00 PM GMT(that's an hour before the meeting) to be considered for the competition.​
Prizes:1st Place: $10 Steam game(or a number of games adding up to $10 or less), an ingame title of your choice, and the skin you designed will be used on the Zombie server!
2nd Place: $5 Steam game(or a number of games adding up to $5 or less), an ingame title of your choice, and the skin you designed will be saved for later use on the server.​
3rd Place: An ingame title of your choice, and the skin you designed will be saved for later use on the server.
How to start:
There's a few different ways you can go about designing your skin. I highly recommend www.minershoes.com, as their skin editor is easy to use and contains a very useful "noise" generator, that can give your skin some much needed texture. You can also design your skin in any image editing software, such as Paint or Photoshop.​
How to submit:
To submit your skin, reply to this thread with a download link. Do NOT upload your skin to an image hosting site, such as imgur. These sites compress the image, making it significantly lower quality. Instead, upload the skin to a file hosting site, such as mediafire or filedropper. All images must be in .png format.

kraby1

The Big Red Monster From Hell.
Reaction score
I am definately joining in, but there's one problem: I will probably have trouble uploading the skin, putting it in png and all that.

Also, Can you submit more than one skin?

JtTorso

Reaction score
I was wondering if I could edit a version of a Steve skin I have, it's better detailed IMO and it's the only one I have available, I'd like to edit it, I didn't make it though, is this against the rules?

Nillbugwtw

Zombier than thou.
Community Admin
Donor
Reaction score
I was wondering if I could edit a version of a Steve skin I have, it's better detailed IMO and it's the only one I have available, I'd like to edit it, I didn't make it though, is this against the rules?
As long as it's significantly changed, there's no problem. If there's one pixel different... no.
I am definately joining in, but there's one problem: I will probably have trouble uploading the skin, putting it in png and all that.

Also, Can you submit more than one skin?
I can help you with that if needbe when you get there, just PM me.

Also, yes.
What is steam?
http://store.steampowered.com/

--------------------------------

ALSO, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE NO PREMIUM ZOMBIE SKIN/FACE. IT'S HORRIBLY TACKY IF NOT INTEGRATED PERFECTLY INTO THE SKIN.

L

Later_Gator

Good luck, to those participating. I'm currently working on a skin!

EDIT: Nillbugwtw, if we submit a skin but later decide to make some revisions, are we allowed to make those revisions, or is it final when you submit that original version of your skin?

Nillbugwtw

Zombier than thou.
Community Admin
Donor
Reaction score
Good luck, to those participating. I'm currently working on a skin!

EDIT: Nillbugwtw, if we submit a skin but later decide to make some revisions, are we allowed to make those revisions, or is it final when you submit that original version of your skin?
I'll put it this way - you can make as many revisions as you'd like, but if I feel like the revisions made imitate someone elses skin, I'll call a foul.

Status
Not open for further replies.