Zombie Maps --> AoD

Mevgin

Reaction score
So, like everybody knows now, Zombie will shut down :(

But I have an idea:

Why dont whe make a vote, where we,the players, can vote our top 10,maybe 15, Zombie maps.
So, after the vote, the top 10(15) will be built to an premium map.

An example:
A map like vault17. Instead of door_blocks, pistons can be used easily with redstone etc. :)

I dont know, if this should be in the suggestions, if so, i am sorry :D

Reactions: Infected_alien8_

Guinessis

Reaction score
Quick comments before I head out the door.

Dumping your favorite levels to .dat files will help considerably since MCEdit doesn't know what to do with the .lvl files.

Properly converting a classic map to AOD takes time. Lots and lots of time. Classic maps don't always look so great in premium because they don't have lighting, curved surfaces (stairblocks etc), and they use a much more limited color scheme. Pandora -> Relic took several weeks. 10 may be a bit overly ambitious. AoD maps also benefit from surrounding scenery instead of adminium walls. I know that I did a quick import for BootCamp, but personally I'd like to avoid overloading the server with unconverted classic maps.

Let's also see if we can count on classic zombie players to give AoD a shot. If we implement a lot of maps that focus on running and all of our players are still focused on PVP, that may cause a few /ragequits.

Baker93

Alkaqube
Reaction score
More than happy to add classic maps to the server but do bear in mind that concepts that worked well in classic may not translate all too well in premium and, as Guinessis said, the converting of a classic map to premium is time consuming if you want to move it beyond walls of cobble and bedrock.

HarmakAnna

Reaction score
Well, if we will move classic maps to AoD, then we should probably figure out which ones.

Racetrack seems like it might works, since Serpents is somewhat similar, and if there's a runner map being moved, then it probably should be either stairs or dontstop, since most others would need to be adjusted because of premium's different jumping from classic.

Any other suggestions?

_4_

Reaction score
School and that Luigis Mansion map were always some of my favorites. Also nobuild or whatever it was called was pretty simple and cool, but wouldnt seem much sense to put into a premium server. Can't really think of many :)

Guinessis

Reaction score
As a side note, the maps from classic that are currently on AoD:

SwordBase
Narrows
Bootcamp (soon anyway)
Complex (now Cobwebs)
PandorasBox (now Relic)
Sunspots (now Divided)
Fortress (now Stronghold)