Declined [Zombie] Flames of Time (resubmission)

Catcocomics

Reaction score
Map Name: Flames of Time
Map Author: Catcocomics
Game Type: Zombie
Map World Border: 5 blocks away from mainland in each direction (center should be the blue flame spawn, idk though)
Warp Download: FlamesofTime (idk if you guys were added last time)
Game Time: 17000

Minimum amount of players: 2
Jump pads: launch ~60 blocks into the air
Notes:
*added a proper jugger kit
*all items (except perhaps for shields) to be unbreakable. Whether you keep the unbreaking and mending enchantments is up to you.

Spawn Locations: Survivors can spawn on the ground, hunters in the air. If air spawns become a nuisance, then they can be removed and everybody spawns on the ground.
Preparation time: about a minute.
Round Time: start with 5 minutes
[Kits]:
-I've put the correct kit items into shulker boxes along where the item frames used to be. Additionally, it appears that my past self got very worked up with trying to get the kits done properly that there are also labelled chests that I'm too lazy to remove.
-Inform me if you guys aren't added to the plot.
[Permanent Potion Effects]:
*[BCOLOR=#ffff00]Future's Light[/BCOLOR]: Jump Boost 2, Swiftness 2, healthboost 4, glowing
*Blue Flame: Swiftness, Regeneration, Healthboost 2, fire resistance (maybe), glowing
*[BCOLOR=#808080]Ancient Longing[/BCOLOR]: Healthboost 5, srength (maybe), invisibility (maybe)
*[BCOLOR=#0000ff]Blue Blaze[/BCOLOR] (jugger kit): Resistance, Fire Resistance, Swiftness, healthboost 5, absorption 5.

We may do a test run of everyone having permanent saturation, but if people get hunger fast heal, we'll remove it. Major issue last time was permanent saturation making most people virtually invulnerable, though things have changed since then.

I might also opt for a test run without potion effects at all, as it has been well over a year since I last submitted this map and have therefor forgotten much of the original intent behind the kits.
[Block Restrictions]: everything is bedrock mod enabled.
Percentage drop rate for each team: 0% from both teams
Juggernaut Chance: 25%

Comp

AoD Dev and Admin!
Tech Lead
Community Admin
Admin
Developer
AoD Staff
Reaction score
Thanks for re-submitting the map catco

As we both know, the original map was removed, then re-added, then removed again. Part of this was my fault (getting the config slightly wrong), and also part of it was the way hunger worked which made the map really unplayable. The magma also didn't help, and nor did the jump pads.

I'm glad you took the time to try to improve the map, and a fair few problems have been addressed, however I think overall the problem is with the map design. Its essentially a square, with OP gear and acts like a FFA map. We did actually try the map again with 1.8 hunger, and people died too quickly. There's no chests to loot, and not much cover. Overall people didn't really enjoy it.

I'm afraid I don't think the map is going to work mostly due to its design, so I'm going to have to decline it.
-Declined