Zippywins's Trusted App.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zippywins

Dusk of Discordia VetOp
Reaction score
In-game username: Zippywins

Staff references (Op+): N/A
Now they DID NOT reference me but if anyone needs info, you could speak to dielorelei, old_man_oak, Or emosquirrel all of whom I have previously staffed with
Time spent on the server: 4 Days 14 Hours

Other server ranks (present and past):Past Zombie Operator

TeamSpeak: Y
How would you describe the responsibility of the rank you apply for:
Trusted Are the stage-hands of a server in a way. There are times when a player needs help and a higher rank is busy and/or not online the trusted has the ability to help take care of the situation in a mature and timely manner. Pretty much they are there for back up or whenever help is needed

Assume that there are more applicants and can only pick one of them, why you?: I have much experience when It comes to staff duties. And I know that given the chance I can help keep the server running as smoothly as it has been for a while now. now granted (and I am sure itll come up) I do not type as much as I should on the server, But its because I am a very active person on teamspeak,and whenever anyone has a problem or question, I am more than willing to help them wether through ts or the server chat.

Tell us about yourself in less than 200 words: There really isn't much to say that you cant find out after talking to me for 5 minutes. I am a 21 year old Dairy Manager from Texas. I joined Blocktopia back in '10. I am a very outgoing, boisterous, and funny guy. I love to laugh and make others laugh, but when it comes to business I don't cut corners or find the easy way I make sure I do everything to the best of my ability the first time, so its easier for everyone else later. Even though my personality can speak for itself and say otherwise I am very serious about my responsibilities be them from work, home, school, or this lovely community.

Regardless of your opinions of me or how this application gets decided, I want to thank you all for taking the time to read this I very much appreciate it.

Da Jinks

Political Nerd
Reaction score
Your application is pretty good, but I have two things before I wanted to point out which leads up to my vote:

:Now they DID NOT reference me but if anyone needs info, you could speak to dielorelei, old_man_oak, Or emosquirrel all of whom I have previously staffed with
So of all the staff three people have previous staff experiences with you, but you don't have any references? Did you ask for them, basically?

:I do not type as much as I should on the server
This is the most important thing to me, as when I see you on I don't honestly see you chatting a ton except with a few certain people. I don't see you answer questions often and, at least in my eyes, this is one of the most important things once you are a Trusted and as a good player trying to take the next step to Trusted!

So as of now, I'm going to stick with a 0 and watch you some as I haven't been quite as active as I am normally this week, and hopefully at a future point will be willing to change my vote ;)

EDIT: After watching you the past few days, your activity in chat and helpfulness has certainly improved and I will add a +1 for a trial :)

Zippywins

Dusk of Discordia VetOp
Reaction score
So of all the staff three people have previous staff experiences with you, but you don't have any references? Did you ask for them, basically?
I don't know exactly what youre trying to ask so ill try to answer the best I can. Yes I asked Die and O_M_O for references and they both told me the same (No Because I need to have more of a presence on chat, But if it wasn't for that they would have) and no I didn't ask anyone else because tbh I don't see any other staff on the server cause of timezone and scheduling differences. And I Don't want to ask anyone for a reference just because I can I go to the people whom I see and play with constantly

This is the most important thing to me, as when I see you on I don't honestly see you chatting a ton except with a few certain people. I don't see you answer questions often and, at least in my eyes, this is one of the most important things once you are a Trusted and as a good player trying to take the next step to Trusted!
And to this like I said I don't type to get into conversations but I know I have to and I have over the last couple of days. to the answering questions, I answer every question I see most of the times they are in pms so I don't block up the chat. but I do try and answer every asked question

Wink

¡Juego de las Pulgas!
Reaction score
Now they DID NOT reference me but if anyone needs info, you could speak to dielorelei, old_man_oak, Or emosquirrel all of whom I have previously staffed with
LAST? WHY I OUGHTA--

I've known you for quite a while Zippy, ever since you were a player on Zombies and all. You are a great guy and all, however I feel I must withhold my vote, as I have not seen you much on the server lately. Once I feel I've got a conclusion, I will edit this with my vote. Lovely application by the way!

Zippywins

Dusk of Discordia VetOp
Reaction score
Lovely application by the way!
Thanks!
as I have not seen you much on the server lately.
no I didn't ask anyone else because tbh I don't see any other staff on the server cause of timezone and scheduling differences.
im usually on late late like around midnight Central Time when there is only like 9 people on, that's why I didn't want to come to yall for references, Cause I don't ever see yall!

superstein

Ex-Admin
Contributor
Reaction score
You've really impressed me today. You have past experience as a Zombie Operator and I have only heard nothing but good about you. I think you'll do just fine - but you will have to promise me that you'll talk a bit more and be a larger presence on the server, even just the occasional popping in to chat will do this. Good luck. +1

Zippywins

Dusk of Discordia VetOp
Reaction score
but you will have to promise me that you'll talk a bit more and be a larger presence on the server, even just the occasional popping in to chat will do this. Good luck. +1
First Thank you so much!!!!
And yes I do promise I have been talking a good amount of the last few days and I will continue to do so and more

Oak Milk

Kill Hungry Thirsty Dead
Mafia Host
Reaction score
From my past experiences with you during your time as Zombie Operator I do feel you could handle the rank of trusted, I did express my concerns to you when you asked for a reference that you didn't have a large enough prescence on the server, but after watching you these past few days I believe its no longer an issue. I'm sure you would work hard as a trusted +1

superstein

Ex-Admin
Contributor
Reaction score
Despite the lack of votes, Sploorky, Qube and I have decided to put you on a trial. We feel a positive vibe from the staff that have voted, and we are sure that with your history as a Zombie Operator you will do well.

Best of luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.