Zambie Mafia - Day 4 - Game Over - Town Victory

Status
Not open for further replies.

Samlen

Mafia Host
Reaction score
There was a bit of bickering, some nervousness about which of the four of them was trying to kill the rest. "Have no fear, for the real samurai is here," exclaimed Infected. "Nuh uh," said Ooglie, "I got a sword right here!" "You mean this one," Infected asked as he stabbed Ooglie with his Ancestral Sword. "Hrglrllglgll," went Ooglie as he fell.
Ooglie, the Godafather, Has been stabbed lynched !​
A few days pass and the rest of the townsfolk realize that noone is actually trying to eat them anymore. Hooray for them!
It is day 4 and a town victory! (Zombies get an honorary win since I mighta slightly messed up their result night 2 >,>)​

Overall, it was a fun game to watch, even if it was slow at some points. It even felt somewhat balanced!
I hope you guys all had fun and enjoyed it as much as I did. I'll be happy to answer any questions you had about the setup, but I'll be posting what happened and the full role descriptions here.
1. CaffeinatedKitty - Mad Scientist - Killed Night 1
2. Ooglie101 - Godfather - Lynched Day 4
3. hipman500 - Cop - Killed Night 1
4.Ltin - Partyhost - Survived
5. Nottykitten - Doctor - Killed Night 2
6. Infected_alien8_- Suspicious Samurai - Survived
7. Enderfive - Zombie Leader - Lynched Day 3
8. Oak63 - Oracle - Killed Night 2
9. Mulbery - Detective - Killed Night 2
10. Runemen4 - Replaced by Geekenstein - Blacksmith - Survived
11. Timdood3 - Drunk - Killed by Suicide Bomber Day 2
12. Faliara - Zombie Hunter - Killed Night 4
13. JKangaroo - ? Turned Zombie - Killed Night 3
14. Vatumok - Scout - Killed Night 4
15. MarsKid - Thief - Lynched Day 1
16. Dessern5 - Suicide Bomber - Lynched Day 2

Night actions (Yes I know there was probably a better way but I was too lazy to figure it out properly)

Zombie Leader - 3p - Wins if zombies have majority in town.
+Starts with choice of:
-Ravenous
-Kills visitors on even nights
-Nauseous
Infects visitors on even nights
-Stealthy
-Avoid visitors on even nights
+Each night gathers with other zombies to decide on target (Leader has ultimate decision, becomes vote-based if leader dies).
-Target becomes infected or killed based on current amount of zombies/players (Killed if X+ Zombies, where x=4 if 20+ players, X=3 if 11-19 players, X=2 if 5-10 players and x=1 if 4- players)
-If infected, player will be notified of becoming a zombie the beginning of the following night.
-ALL zombies visit the target (If any vanilla zombies, all VANILLA zombies die instead of leader when visiting suspicious samurai. Leader dies if only visitor, but infects samurai)
-Mafia members cannot be infected, only die
- MUST block leader in order to stop zombie kill (Or all living zombies must be blocked at once if no elader)
Zombie Hunter - Town
+Can track a player each night. Recieves a tracker report by the end of the night. (who they visited)
-Can then decide to tab, hunt down the player, or target new player for next night.
-Tabbing will confirm/deny if they are a zombie PLUS keep a tab on that player for one night, letting them know if they become a zombie within that time period, hunting will kill the player.
-Avoids zombies on odd nights
-(Can NOT be infected, only killed by zombies.).
Lonely Survivor/Vengeful Spirit - 3p
-Starts off as basic survivor.
-If killed during the night, does not 'die' but instead becomes a 'Vengeful Spirit'
-Becoming infected and THEN dieing will NOT cause them to become Vengeful Spirit
-As Vengeful Spirit, must kill every night until killer is dead.
-New win condition is to kill their killer before they die again.
-If lynched, the 'Vengeful Spirit' instead chooses one person to 'possess'.
-Spirit does not 'exist' as a player in game anymore. (Has night/day chat with possessed)
-Possessed player is now SK that kills a target each night as dictated by the Spirit.
-Possessed/Spirit both have win condition of killing off everyone.
-If possessed is killed/infected, Spirit is dead for good
Suspicious Samurai - Town
-Each night, chooses if they are feeling suspicious or not.
-If no, all visitors use their actions on them as normal.
-If yes, kills any visitors that night.
-If visitor is a killer samurai does NOT die
-Starts off with "Ancestral Sword" (Can be stolen)
Party Host - Town
-Can host a party once per game.
-Party lets everyone continue talking during the night phase (no inn chat)
-If Drunk is living, can Roleblock one person (Exception: Recieves two 'drinks' if drunk is dead)
Drunk - Town
-Chooses one person to have a drink with each night -> Player is roleblocked.
-If Party Host throws party, can block two additional people that night (Exception: Party Host)
-If Party Host dies without throwing party, drunk can host party and choose three additional players to block that night
Voodoo Lady - Third Party - Wins if living at end of game
-Can choose one person each night to try and "gather" their hair (Adds 50% per night, looses progress if switching players)
-Can spend one night to make a Voodoo doll of someone whom's hair they have gathered.
-Once a Voodoo doll is made, player is informed of "strings pulling on their soul"
-Voodoo Lady can send commands on whom the player should vote for or they can "stab" them at any point
-Player does not have to follow commands, but will be notified that they can be stabbed at any time if they refuse
-If stabbed, player will die at the end of the next day/night (If stabbed during day, dies end of that night and vice versa)
-If visited by "Possessed Player" Or "Vengeful Spirit", Voodoo Lady can 'Banish' or 'Commune'
-Commune -> Joins chat with possed player/spirit, all three now working together
-Banish -> Spirit dies for good, Possessed Player regains former role
Detective - Town
-Chooses person to Interrogate each night
-Roleblock them during the NEXT day and can question them anonymously
-Recieves 'deduction' about that person's role at the end of day.
-Deductions take on two forms: Whether or not they can kill OR Who that person visited last night (Random which of two deductions is made)
-Takes over cop role as well if cop dies, but becomes overworked and results will be delayed (Only Cop investigations).
Cop - Town
-Can investigate one person per night
-Results come up as Town, mafia, or third-party
-If investigating Detective or questioned by detective, they gain a nightchat
Doctor - Town
-Can choose someone to save each night
-Protects only from one kill attempt per night
-Can save from zombie kill but NOT infection
-If they visit Mad Scientist when they have the cure they will team up.
-When teamed up, Doctor can save two people per night (until Mad Scientist dies).
-If visiting zombie while they have the cure, zombie dies
-Doctor visits both patients, Mad Scientist visits Doctor every night
-Cured playesr cannot be infected, only killed by zombies
Mad Scientist - Town
-Can add 50% towards making a bomb each night
-once at 100%, can give to another player (not self) and keep researching
-Players are notified when they recieve a bomb
-Bombed players kill last person lynching them or their attacker at night.
WHEN A ZOMBIE ROLE HAS BEEN REVEALED (via dead zombie) OR DAY 4 HAS PASSED
-Researches cure each night (50% each night)
-Once cure is researched, can adminster to one person each night (Is adminstered to self on night research completes)
-Cured people can only die from zombies
-Mad Scientist is immune to infection, can only be killed (once they have the cure)
-Will cure target of infection (if zombie visits same night and would be infected, nothing happens)
-Kills any zombies they visit.
Thief - Mafia
-Can choose one person each night to steal from
-CAN use voodoo dolls
-CAN steal bombs
-If visiting samurai when not suspicious, steals sword (can then choose to steal OR kill each night)
-Does NOT recieve items from vicitim if they decide to kill
-CAN steal cure. Cannot use on others (has 'freeaction' to despose of cure)
-CAN steal crystal ball but cannot use. Oracle finds Crystal if thief dies
Blacksmith - Town
-Can fabricate a gun OR a vest each night
-Hands them out same night, can give one to self ONCE
-Gun reveals shooter
-Vests cannot prevent infection (If zombie visit would be kill, prevents kill, but doesn't infect)
Godfather - Mafia
-Investigative immunity (appears town)
-Decides whom mafia kill
-Makes 'Lackey' do the killing (if lackey dies, any mafia member can carry out kill)
Lackey - Mafia
-Forced to kill Godfather's target
-Does not attend mafia meetings
-Only knows who Godfather is
-If Godfather dies, Lackey no longer carries out kill
Scout - Mafia
-Scouts one person each night to recieve their role
-If role has 'progress' bar, learns their progress level they have at end of night
Hooker - Mafia
-Chooses one person to roleblock each night
Suicide Bomber - Mafia
-Acts as a bomb (Kills killer or last person to lynch them)
-Does not attend mafia meetings
-Visits one person each night to steal bombs
-If visited by Scout they are added to meeting following night (CAN be killed by mafia)
-If apart of mafia meeting and Theif has bombs, bombs are transferred to bomber (Kills one more person when lynched per extra bomb based on the last people to lynch)
Oracle - 3p
-Has a crystal ball (can be stolen, will loose ability if stolen. Becomes sk until crystal is retrieved)
-Can use it at night to predict someone's death (either from that night or next day)
-If successful, can use one of that role's abilities once (can predict same night as using action)
-Goal is to survive till end of game
"Vanilla" Citizens(6)
-One bomb
-One Sleepwalker
-One Miller
-Two Templar
-One Gallis
*note* Upon prizym's request i replaced Gallis with Priest
The Priest
-Visits one person each night
-Confesses whether or not they killed someone the previous night
-Has 'Holy symbol' that prevents being infected and protects from spirit (can be stolen)
-Exorcises Spirit if visited by/visiting possessed/spirit (requires holy symbol)
-If killed, cop or detective find holy symbol as 'clue' (they keep symbol until death)
-Anyone with symbol is protected from infection/spirit regardless of whether they are priest or not.

Vatumok

Former CA
Reaction score
Ooglie101 u let me down son, should've claimed survivor last day and tried to get Geek lynched.

Good game, thanks for hosting Sam :p

Town was probably a bit too OP with all the really powerful roles, after Ender's yolo play I had trouble finding any win condition. Shame I didn't get the chance to convince Faliara not to shoot me because when Inffy said I was away. And Inffy won after trolling town all game. :'(

At least I was got both zombies killed but it was almost impossible to get a good fake claim.

• Haha
Reactions: Infected_alien8_

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Samlen can I be added to Dead Chat please, I'm nosy.

Also just so everyone knows, I have a game ready, I'm just waiting for Prizyms/R0ze to come online and check it's balanced (if you have contact with him pls send him online) and if nobody else had a game waiting I'll host mine next if that's okay

Enderfive

sarcasm incarnate
Mafia Host
Reaction score
after Ender's yolo play
i'll have you know that was no yolo play, it was a perfectly good gambit mucked up only by fali not revealing her tracker ability until after i'd made the gambit

anyway, gg everyone and i'm still waiting to be added to the dead club since i, too, am nosy

but if you can't get any of the admins to add me then that's okay

Samlen

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Ooglie101 u let me down son, should've claimed survivor last day and tried to get Geek lynched.

Good game, thanks for hosting Sam :p

Town was probably a bit too OP with all the really powerful roles, after Ender's yolo play I had trouble finding any win condition. Shame I didn't get the chance to convince Faliara not to shoot me because when Inffy said I was away. And Inffy won after trolling town all game. :'(

At least I was got both zombies killed but it was almost impossible to get a good fake claim.
There were multiple useful things for the mafia that could've happened (Like suicide bomber getting more bombs or the thief stealing all sorts of things like guns, vests, samurai's sword, etc.) and zombies woulda won if weren't for my derp night 2 since notty should've been infected not killed >,> But, to be fair, it was meant to be balanced around 26 players not 16. I probably should've put in a couple "vanilla" townies in but I was worried town would struggle given how much power zombies/mafia potentially had (plus with so many visiting roles samurai was a landmine that killed both investigative roles). Overall, I'd like to think it was a nice learning experience for creating/hosting mafia and hopefully next game will be fun/more balanced.

Enderfive

sarcasm incarnate
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Ender why'd you guys target me?
you do good as scum and it's usually fairly entertaining to watch, too

those were my reasons, at least, i think there was something more specific, too, but i don't really remember at this point and since we didn't really analyse the shit out of every single player living at that point, then i have nothing to refer to, either

• Love
Reactions: Nottykitten

Enderfive

sarcasm incarnate
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Why did you target me Ender? Because it because I'm amazing like Notty!!! That was the reason right!!!
i pretty much figured out that vatu was the scout by night 3 and since i would've preferred to infect someone, he was not an option

i was honestly not sure whether geek was the godfather or the blacksmith, my gut was telling me godfather and my mind (and jk) was telling me blacksmith, so i decided not to try our luck there either

ltin had been confirmed as town, but that would've been too obvious

fali was obviously out of the question

ooglie was a possible godfather or samurai in my mind, so lel, no

that left you, who i personally felt was the least likely out of the unconfirmeds (well, maybe second least likely behind vatu) to be the samurai and who, imo, had been towntelling the entire game

the goal was to infect the blacksmith, and while i did consider targetting geek instead of you for a while, then ultimately i felt like you were more likely to be that, mostly because you had been active and town-telling throughout the game, while geek was not

i trusted my gut, that's what it comes down to, really

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Infected_alien8_
Status
Not open for further replies.