Your favorite Minecraft mod and why

Pick Yer Poison

is a kid now, is a squid now
Reaction score
Website
itisntrocketscience.tumblr.com
What's your favorite mod for Minecraft, and why? If you could only install one mod, what would it be? Do not include mods solely for improving performance (such as Optifine) because that's boring.

If your favorite mod only works how you like in tandem with another, you can mention both. Don't just use this as an excuse to list modpacks, though!

Posts saying you only play vanilla Minecraft are off-topic and also dumb. Don't make them.

I'll begin. I recently discovered ComputerCraft through the Feed The Beast Direwolf 2.0 pack, and it's quickly become my favorite mod of all time. The mod adds new blocks relating to computers, such as monitors, printers, disk drives, and modems. However, the true core of the mod lies in the computer and turtle blocks, which are programmable via built-in Lua scripting. Computers are stationary terminals, whereas turtles are mobile ones that require fuel to move, but can carry up to sixteen items and have an attached tool. They can do just about anything you can - I've gotten them chopping down trees, farming fields, and mining for resources. This kind of stuff hits me in just the right spot as a computer science major.

What are your favorite mods?

Dess

The UmbreOp
Reaction score

zezmi

The noob himself
Reaction score
Dang...The first bolded rule took out my favortie :( (BY NAME)

Optifine is definitly my favorite, it amazingly increases my FPS and general performance. I wouldn't know what to do without it. (it's actualy my only mod :3, I just got Premium so yea...I plan to get Rei's Minimap though).

ReyvnNova

"Come buy our orchard fruits, Come buy, come buy~"
Reaction score
The Millenaire mod is something I've had a lot of fun with. It's hard to pick it as a favourite though because Mo' creatures, extrabiomes and battletowers gives your world life as well.

DivineRpg, however, took up more time than any other mod. It's yoga balls huge, but hard and grindy. Still a lotta fun.

Reactions: Duffie

Damer_Flinn

Resident Asha'man
Reaction score
You say not to mention Optifine, but I'll mention it anyway because it gives a couple of neat options.
  • The option to connect glass blocks and panes into one single pane without that grid you see in vanilla.
  • The option to jumble basic textures so you don't see a repeating pattern in your landscape.
Other than that I can easily say my favorite mod is Mystcraft.

Reactions: Pick Yer Poison

Oak Milk

Kill Hungry Thirsty Dead
Mafia Host
Reaction score
I've had some great times with Millionare mod in the past, its only faults lie in the fact that it can get rather laggy as your cities develop, however its still quite fun helping dem cities and turning some into your own personal fortress :)