You know what my days used to be like? I just tested. Nobody murdered me. Or put me in a potato.

Malcovent

Geezuslike
Donor
Contributor
Reaction score
[JUSTIFY]Hi everyone, I'll keep this (reasonably) brief

I think this time is long overdue but I felt I’d keep everyone on their toes by drawing out the process – the long and short is that I’m resigning (from all staff ranks – no asshattery for me!) for good from the community. I find myself on the precipice of a point in my life punctuated by career building, moving out and generally finding my own independent place in life – and because of this lack of time I have chosen to resign, making room for a younger, fitter, more naïve administrator to fuck things up and make me look fantastic.

I’ve been in the community for what would this year approach six years, and honestly it’s been an experience. I’ve made amazing friends – one of whom, just over a year ago was fortunate enough to court a gentleman as handsome, charismatic and just downright fabulous as myself (Sorry snowma).

On the flipside, 5 years of staffing I’ve made my fair share of enemies. I make no attempt to hide that there will be people who are pleased to see me resign. I think that’s fair – for the better portion of my Administration I had what could be described as a more than abrasive attitude. To date I still get people leaving discussions with me stating “You’re not nearly as scary as people said you are”. I’d like to think that’s something of the past but regardless – feel free to keep that hatred burning bright if that’s what keeps the jam in your donut.

To finish - apologies for the disappointment but I’m not going to single out people to thank – as much as I’d love to thank every single person I had the opportunity to interact with (Even the negative interactions) It’s impossible and I know I’d end up forgetting someone, which I just wouldn’t sleep easy with. So to all of you a big thank you – you were great to work and play alongside. I wouldn’t have missed it for the world.

[BCOLOR=#ffffff][BCOLOR=#ffffff]http://giant.gfycat.com/UnrealisticWellwornIndianrhinoceros.gif[/BCOLOR][/BCOLOR]
[/JUSTIFY]

EggNog

c:
Reaction score
To be painfully honest I don't know you well at all. Along with that I've only spoken to you briefly. That being said I know all you've done for this community and how you strived to improve it everyday you staffed here, which is more then enough to make me sad to see you go. Thank you for all you've done malc!

Psycho

Insufficient Data
Donor
Reaction score
Well, this is a surprise and I'm wondering if you can do this since you're Head Admin and what not? Just kidding.
It's great that you're focusing on your life and your future-- which are pretty important. Also, thanks for the work that you have done with the servers and keeping them afloat, especially restarting the servers when they were down!
I'm sure that you'll still be around the community, right?
Good luck with life and have fun!

Reactions: digi

TheWalruz

Reaction score
Goodbye Malcovent...
I have only actually had slight things to do with you, and when blocktopia was changed to escaperestart I got completely pissed (don't worry, I'm no longer mad). But, after seeing all you have done for the community, I want you to know you have earned this Walruz's respect.

Goodbye and Good Luck!!

Baker93

Alkaqube
Reaction score
I'll save you the essay, but I just wanted to take the time to say a huge thank you for everything you've done during your time in the community. Whether or not you've made enemies, there has been so much behind the scenes that simply would not have fallen into place if it were not for your knowledge and expertise. I hold no doubt that you have a great career ahead of you, and wish you all the best in pursuing it! You've done a fantastic job, and I hope you look back on it with pride, as you should.

It truly has been a pleasure working with you, Malc, and will certainly be strange to have you gone from the team...

• Agree
Reactions: superstein

Lux

The Weeb
Donor
Reaction score
It's sad to see you go Mal, you was a fantastic admin and it's a real shame to see someone who has put a lot of time and effort into what we have now. I know that we have rarely spoke to each other but it was dam fun playing with you on the blocktopia TF2 servers.

We all hope things go well for you Mal and hope to see you now and then!

Y

YouWould

See ya, Mal. You've helped the server in a great direction in many ways, and made manyy improvements. I don't have much else to say besides the fact that I'm a little dissapointed I never got to know you that well. Thanks for everything you've done.

Vino

Fidget Spinner
Reaction score
Hard to see you go, you were the first staff member on here I ever interacted with. I still remember thinking you were a girl on classic lava and kept that going for while.

Thanks for everything over the past few years and I wish you the best on your journey through life. Hope you still come on TS and hang out with the best room in the planet.

Gameprochampion

Got the moves like Jagger!
Reaction score
We've had our ups and downs. (Lots of downs haha)
But thanks for everything you've done for the community. Also thank you for guiding me throughout my journey at Blocktopia.
Till we meet again!

Wink

¡Juego de las Pulgas!
Reaction score
Thanks for all the help and support you have given our community over these past few years. The launch of Kami's Realm would of been a complete disaster without you, thanks for saving us there :)

Take care!

Vatumok

Former CA
Reaction score
I never really got to know you well but I really had the feeling that you kept the community together especially lately when things haven´t been going great. I think you´ve been an important part in that BT (now ER) is still going on.

Thanks for all your hard work, take care!

Love

Princess ♥
Donor
Reaction score
Honestly I really looked up to you, and have fond memories of some conversations we've had in TeamSpeak (and one special PM on the forums). I'm extremely sad to see you go, but I wish you the absolute best in your future. Easily going to be one of the hardest people to forget.

Thank you for all you've done in the community, and especially being one deciding factor in giving me a second chance all those years ago.

You're the best, Malc...

Timdood3

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Unfortunately, I always knew more of you that I actually knew you. When we did interact, though, you were a really cool guy.

I fare thee well wherever you shall go.
And maybe you can put "Head Admin" on your resume ;)