Declined YOLO BOIS LETS GO

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Well Pika's away so everyone has replied now.

Hi Tiësticles (Noemos), thanks for applying.

So as you can see your responses are fairly mixed; two -1, two +1 and two 0, meaning your overall score is 0. I don't think we've ever had this much disagreement on an application before.

For me personally, I do have a few concerns. As some of the others have pointed out, you do have a tendency to come across as rude and intimidating in-game. With no doubt this is improving very recently (I'm really happy you decided to help us deal with the situation with slender the other day, it really showed you have a mature, responsible side), but I'm not confident this attitude has changed completely. Whilst the "kys" may be a joke, sometimes I've seen you show hostility towards others that are quite worrying, for example the other day when you called Flume a "little cunt" when he RDM'd you. It's understandable that you were annoyed but as an admin you can't be displaying this kind of behaviour because it is extremely off putting to others. It also goes against a moderator's job of keeping the server fun because it creates an uncomfortable atmosphere for people. So I definitely think that, whilst you've been working to improve on the way you deal with others, you still need to keep improving. A few of us have seen a side of you which is great but I think we need to see that your attitude has changed in the long term before allowing you to be staff.

Another thing that concerns me is that I've had to slay you for RDM several times this week, where I think you killed people because you found them annoying. Obviously an admin cannot be RDMing; this would be extremely hypocritical and confusing to new players.

Also, whilst I don't want to keep bringing this up, the way you dealt with the incident with Mac also causes me concern because it shows what I see to be quite an immature side of you. I'm sure this is understandable but the fact that you made a thread insulting a staff member and comparing him to Hitler when you felt you were wrongly banned suggests that you can deal with situations rather immaturely; a worrying characteristic for a potential Admin. Obviously this is in the past and I'm sure this won't happen again but, again, I think we need to see that your attitude has changed long term and this was under two weeks ago.

So due to the reasons above and the overall vote being 0 showing there's uncertainty from the staff, I think it's best to deny this application for now. You definitely have potential - your application was well-written and honest and you seem to really understand what the role of a moderator is, which isn't a surprise considering the amount of experience you have staffing. Some of the others seem to really believe you'd make a fantastic moderator too and it was nice reading such positive responses towards you, and from what Camel has said about you in previous staff positions I'm confident that you could be a moderator for us in the future, but I think you need to keep improving on the areas we've brought up and convince us that you've changed for good, because right now, whilst you've recently been showing signs of change and have been dealing with things more responsibly, there have still been incidents which cause doubt that you'd make a good moderator.

Application denied. Feel free to re-apply in two weeks time.