Declined YOLO BOIS LETS GO

Reaction score
What is your steam username/ID? STEAM_0:1:40118643

What timezone are you in? BST+1/GMT+0

Do you have any previous staffing experience? If so, what?
Well, I was Co-Owner on Dream's Community in 2014 which lasted about 6 months in general before school, and some dickbags, killed the server.
About 3 months after the death of DC me and KJ came across Round Tables TTT which we both become staff on (I was Moderator and he was Admin). That server also died because of school and a certain potato but was relaunched under new ownership round November last year, which I was Moderator on (may have been demoted once or twice but yolo) and I quit that server after I fell out with every staff member but the owner and KJ.

How often are you able to play on the server?
I'm usually on every night unless I have more important things to be doing, such as work or personal shit.

Why do you want to be a TTT moderator?
I've been on this server for ~4 months now and have seen a lot of great things, as well as areas I think I can help improve, and would love to be part of this team full of dickheads ;)

What do you believe the responsibilities of being a TTT moderator are?
Above all else, make sure everyone is having fun. I have seen some people say that punishing people is the most important responsibility however, I entirely disagree and I think punishment is quite a mediocre/regretful responsibility (if that makes sense?) Other responsibilities include helping the server grow, sustain a friendly and enjoyable community as well as ensuring everyone is happy and feels at home.

What qualities do you have that make you suitable for being a TTT moderator?
I am very vigilante and I strive to make sure that a problem is resolved whilst making both parties happy and content (of course doesn't happen the whole of the time). I am also very good at reading and understanding people and their intentions. I am very well experienced with ULX and Reports which I guess you could consider a good quality.

What would you say your biggest strength and weakness are?
My biggest strength I would say is that I know how to talk to people in specific situations to make sure they are happy and the complaining is kept to a minimum (I.E I'll sternly talk to a player who is being rude and obnoxious towards staff and other players OR I will talk softly and calmly to someone who is being polite and having a serious talk).
Another strength - honesty.
Weaknesses;
- I am an all round twat a lot of the times
- 97.678% of the time I am salty as all fuck
- I swear a lot
- I don't like noobs (But will still be fair ofc)
- I am a huge try hard
- People annoy me very easily, I have only a few sensitive spots but when someone strikes a nerve I will not be a friendly cabbage.
- People tend to take a quick disliking to me but do I care, nah
- Honesty.

Do you have anything else you would like to say?
I've wasted 200+ hours on this server and have 1,700+ hours in GMod over all.

From what I gather, most of you don't like me much at the moment because of the whole MacTarvish shite but he quit on his own accord and it was never my intention for him to leave. (If it's another reason let me know bc I'm curious)

Yolo peace about
#VoteRemain

Red Guy

Reaction score
Well I am not an Admin but I do think you would make a good Staff/Admin because you know the Community really well you're a funny guy that plays for fun (and everyone is salty sometimes). It's a pretty useless response but I just wanted to give my Opinion on this. Good luck Noemos brotha

• Agree
Reactions: jaku

prime105

prime
Reaction score
Hello noemos, I am going with a -1 because you have had trouble in the server with some people and I don't feel like you are telling the truth about your strength because sometimes people complain about you and they weren't really that happy and your weaknesses will be pretty big problems because if you are 97.678% of the time salty people may just leave because they don't feel comfortable so sorry I'm going with a -1. You do have some previous staffing experience, but I don't think it can exchange it sorry.

EpicTehMovie

Reaction score
I agree with prime with the -1 because i have seen alot of occasions you wish ppl to "kys" because they do somthing bad.

Reaction score
occasions you wish ppl to "kys" because they do somthing bad.
Okay no that't entirely incorrect. I may swear a lot at people and be an obnoxious twat, but never have I "wish[ed]" someone to kill themselves lol

Hello noemos, I am going with a -1 because you have had trouble in the server with some people and I don't feel like you are telling the truth about your strength because sometimes people complain about you and they weren't really that happy and your weaknesses will be pretty big problems because if you are 97.678% of the time salty people may just leave because they don't feel comfortable so sorry I'm going with a -1. You do have some previous staffing experience, but I don't think it can exchange it sorry.
Seeing as how you only see me occasionally on the server (haven't seen on you an awful lot of the time I am), I completely understand this response. However, when situations arise where I feel I can help out to solve a problem and aid the online staff I tend to take on a more serious persona (I.E with Slenderstyle, I was annoyed with him a lot because of how he didn't listen to anything anyone was saying etc etc etc, but when some guests joined and started mocking him and begging him to shut up (I used to until Chand spoke to me and I realised how much of a tool I was being) I spoke to these people and told them to lay off of Slender and such.)

But yeah, I understand where you're coming from but I do feel you haven't seen me play enough to warrant you saying my strength is a lie lol

Mod Edit: Merge posts

Last edited by a moderator:

prime105

prime
Reaction score
Seeing as how you only see me occasionally on the server (haven't seen on you an awful lot of the time I am), I completely understand this response. However, when situations arise where I feel I can help out to solve a problem and aid the online staff I tend to take on a more serious persona (I.E with Slenderstyle, I was annoyed with him a lot because of how he didn't listen to anything anyone was saying etc etc etc, but when some guests joined and started mocking him and begging him to shut up (I used to until Chand spoke to me and I realised how much of a tool I was being) I spoke to these people and told them to lay off of Slender and such.)

But yeah, I understand where you're coming from but I do feel you haven't seen me play enough to warrant you saying my strength is a lie lol
I think ill be more active from now on because my rpg urge has died down and i wanna play more gmod now so I hope I can see you act like that more often but ill stick with the -1 for now because i havent seen anything to change my opinion yet :D

Reaction score
okay so im not really that sure but i think you did wish some people to kill themselves in reports....
Nahh, I frequently call people cock gobbling gnomes but I tend to stay away from death/suicide related insults due to past personal struggles x) Unless it's to someone like Straavv, KJ, or anyone else I am good friends with and whom I know can take it as a joke

What is it with this community and taking everything sooo serious all of the sudden?

Anyways, my answer will follow soon whenever i have the time c:

Love,

KJ
Pssst, it's because they don't like me ;)

Mod Edit: Merge Posts

Last edited by a moderator:

MacTarvish

Reaction score
Honestly speaking, I do not think you are fit to be mod.
It's not hard to see why you "fell out" with the staff members of that server you were formally staffing on.
Your behavior on the server is seriously toxic. You like arguing with the mods and using the fact that you have "1500+ hours on gmod" as an excuse that you know better than us.

Not to mention how immature and petty you are. You create a report thread that you decide to call me "MacDickbag" on and you expect me to take you seriously? Not only that, but you took what happened so personally. FYI, I banned you for 30 minutes because you "tested" the bass cannon glitch after I warned the entire server SEVERAL times. You can't seem to understand simple rules set by the admin on hand. you seem to have a superiority complex and like to argue about everything.

Try getting off your high horse for once and humbling yourself down to what the admin try to explain to you. This is not the server you previously staffed in so if you think that the same rules apply, they don't. Even the way you've written this application has shown how condescending you really are.

Another strength - honesty.

Weaknesses;
- Honesty.
Seems legit.

On a final note, I did resign on my own accord. Nothing personal to you. If you seriously want to be a mod for this community, loosen up and stop being the "twat" you call yourself. Accepting the fact that you are a "twat" does not make you look any better.

Reaction score
You like arguing with the mods
Lol, think I've only argued with you and Epic for stupid decisions on both of our parts. Never had a problem with any of the other staff.

EDIT: I've not had any problems with Epic since our last falling out and I think its a shame he doesn't play on the server that much anymore but hey-ho.
but you took what happened so personally.
Being banned for testing something which didn't result in any offense anyway? Wouldn't have been so assy if I did actually cause the glitch, however it did not.

Anyway, that's over now, you decided not to talk about it so I'm not going to let it plague this app anymore than it already is.

Even the way you've written this application has shown how condescending you really are.
You want me to write an app saying how great this server is and how amazing I would be as staff and lie or for me to be honest in my app?

I mean, you had the chance to even talk about that whole ordeal in private, and you ignored that. So don't try bringing it back up now.

It's not hard to see why you "fell out" with the staff members of that server you were formally staffing on.
When the staff team got flooded with people from a rival server and 14 year olds who never even played and left the veterans to do all of the work? Is it that hard to see?

• Optimistic
  • Winner
Reactions: snowma and Aqua

prime105

prime
Reaction score
On a final note, I did resign on my own accord. Nothing personal to you. If you seriously want to be a mod for this community, loosen up and stop being the "twat" you call yourself. Accepting the fact that you are a "twat" does not make you look any better.
I must agree with this though noemos not to offend you but you should loosen up and stop being so harsh and brutal to most players on the server.

Reaction score
I must agree with this though noemos not to offend you but you should loosen up and stop being so harsh and brutal to most players on the server.
You played with me for a good hour or two earlier. Was I in anyway disrespectful (again excluding good friends who I know can take a joke) to any other players?

But, duly noted.

• Optimistic
Reactions: snowma and Aqua

fly

Reaction score
I think you're a good player, Finn, and you're a good friend of mine. I think you laid out your app very well and added a lot of detail - which is great and shows you're enthusiastic. But, from my view of you on the server, you can be a bit over board sometimes (which I'm sure you already know). However, from recent viewings of you on the server, you seem to have cooled down with swearing and have started to put your opinions across in a better way - which is a great start to improving your attitude to other players who may get on your nerves or do things you don't appreciate.

All the problems you faced with admins have either been talked about too much and really shouldn't be brought up again or have sorted themselves out. I see no need for this to be a point of improvement, because I doubt very much you'll start any fights or build on any from now onwards as you have already began to handle things better.

I do think, as an admin, you still need to improve on the way you handle certain things and the amount of swearing (not necessarily in general, but towards other players and in reports).

I would also like to say that the times that Finn has said to people to "kys" was to people he was friends with - from the reports I have seen of him saying that, but, because I know who Finn is close with, I'm able to see that this is a joke, whereas other admins may not, and will take this in an offensive and childish thing to do.

Unfortunately, because I must judge you on the way you are on the server, I'm going to give you a 0, but hopefully if you're able to prove to other admins that you handle things better and are actually the person you say you are, you may be more successful if you decide to apply again.

P.S I'm sorry if I have said anything mean, ily :c

Reaction score
Finn, I personally think you're a great laugh and like Jade said you're also one of my friends. You have time on the server and that's great as we know who you are and know you're not a power obsessed freak who wants admin to abuse people;). Your application is dandy and equipped with information about yourself and the experience you have got with being an admin. All these quarrels you have had with other admins I shan't interfere and personally I don't think it should stop you from becoming a admin on ESCAPE RESTART.

However, your attitude to some people is volatile as you do sometimes get salty and swear at them when they do stuff to you, you may not have the intent to mean any of the slurs you throw but new Players and Guests might see you as an abusive admin and not want to play on the server again. That is my only caution.
In my trial, in one situation, I asked you for your opinion on the matter (I think it was on whether to kick/ban a regular for rdm'ing) You gave me the advice to treat him like a normal player as by having time on the server out of most people they should know not to break the rules. So, after that not only do I think you're a good player in general and helping someone out but you know right from wrong and know the duties of being an admin. On the other hand your weaknesses I have seen in the server when you're playing, like Jade has put in her response too, I've seen less of your 'salt' and you've become a friendlier cabbage.

I am going to give you a +1 as i think you would be a good admin and you should have a trial. But cool down on the anger.

Finn-gers up. Goodluck to you.

Reaction score
Ok,

I know you for a long time now, and i know you well enough that i know you are a great staff member, you've been staff on my server, staff on a server we co-owned, the past 2 years i've seen you get better at being staff and i saw how you handle all sorts of situations, and i must say you handle them well.

Although, 1 thing you have to know is that this server has people on it who can't joke around etc (nothing personal towards anyone in this playerbase) and some people may get offended by certain things, i have the exact same problem, i try to be less rude on this server then when i play on other servers, and you should try to do that aswell when you decide to become staff on this server, it's just how this community is and we can't change that, so try to be yaknow, "nice" to people even though they are complete dicks.

Long story short, i know who you are, you are a great friend of mine, i know your staffing experience, and i know how you handle certain situations, i'm defo going for a +1 and i can guarantee towards the other admins here that you know how to do your job, although sometimes you still have to show what you're capable of doing towards us

Also, just a friendly notice towards some of the other admins, do you guys know banter between 2 people? if i say kys to someone, that doesn't mean that i mean it, same goes for noemos, people seem to be getting way too sensitive towards people they do not like which is kinda unfair stating that in a moderator application reply and basing your score off of that.

Anyways, goodluck man

Love,

KJ

Reaction score

Love

Princess ♥
Donor
Reaction score
I'm being pressured to vote on this by a certain SOMEONE so, not having paid much attention to your application (and skimming responses) I'm going to go with a 0. In the future I feel like you could be an asset instead of an asshat (heh) but for now I'd like to see you improve on what the other staff have suggested.

Reaction score
I'm being pressured to vote on this by a certain SOMEONE so, not having paid much attention to your application (and skimming responses) I'm going to go with a 0. In the future I feel like you could be an asset instead of an asshat (heh) but for now I'd like to see you improve on what the other staff have suggested.
Okay so having thought this over a little bit I have come to the conclusion that this is one of the most ridiculous and unfair decisions I have seen.

Not only have you openly stated that you didn't even bother to read this thread properly because you were pressured into voting, but you are basing your vote on the little that you did read.

Whilst I appreciate not being down voted by you, a little more effort from someone who is meant to make a decision would be greatly appreciated. Not just a half arsed attempt because you were "pressured".

You're meant to have a responsibility in helping to choose the admins here, but you can't even be bothered to read the application or any of the proceeding comments? Pretty shocked really.

• Agree
Reactions: Friendy

Love

Princess ♥
Donor
Reaction score
Okay so having thought this over a little bit I have come to the conclusion that this is one of the most ridiculous and unfair decisions I have seen.

Not only have you openly stated that you didn't even bother to read this thread properly because you were pressured into voting, but you are basing your vote on the little that you did read.

Whilst I appreciate not being down voted by you, a little more effort from someone who is meant to make a decision would be greatly appreciated. Not just a half arsed attempt because you were "pressured".

You're meant to have a responsibility in helping to choose the admins here, but you can't even be bothered to read the application or any of the proceeding comments? Pretty shocked really.
sorry for being just a tad busy as of late and wanting to get the decision done and over with quickly.

it isn't like you were getting an overwhelming majority of positive feedback or votes for me to base my decision off in the first place, I figured a neutral vote would be more fair to you than the -1 I was going to give you.

edit: also i guess sarcasm doesnt translate well over the internet, the "being pressured" bit was to take a jab at inf for bugging me to vote.