Trap_Wolf

dam u str8 babygurl
Reaction score
Website
www.trapwolf.com
First off I wish to start this with this is how my screen looks:

Now this is what a Yellow [Trusted] looks as a Zombel:

The Pro:
[Trusted]s having the colour yellow to demonstrate that they are [Trusted]. This making them more noticable to other players/staff.

The Con:
That the colour Yellow added to their names is unessecary and detrimental to the server. That it actually causes more problems than being a solution.

Trap Wolf's personal arguement:
The colour yellow appears in nature as a warning. The colour of urine being a sign of dehydration or disease. Smoking causes yellow teeth. Ladiebugs use red, black, and yellow as a warning to predators that they are not consumable. According to the Precision Intermedia yellow is a cheerful colour that fills people with happiness and positivity but too much of it is too forceful. That too much of it overwhelms people. One fact stands is that it can make babies cry and has many more claims of yellow rooms having an effect on people.

When I am playing on the server and a large portion of yellow is thrown in my face; if my eyes could talk they would say fuck. I legitimately believed that this horribly bright colour is could damage eyesight. And wow; it does.

I'm more or so debating about the pratical use of [Trusted] being yellow rather than the scientific problems behind it. To me I just find it extremely annoying because here's what else displayed in yellow in the server:

- Leaving Messages
- Greeting Messages
- Kill Messages
- Afk Messages
- /whois
- Entering the Server Message

Having [Trusted] yellow is just unnessecary in my opinion. I'm asking for other people's opinions and for our HCs to consider not continuing them please. C:

Also: They're been a discrepancy I've noticed. On people fluxuating between yellow and non-yellow. Are we ranking them yellow or no? ._.

Theodorre

The Fail Chipmunk
Reaction score
I agree! It is rather annoying, and hard to tell if you are a zombie or not to other players. (I have a yellow name now) And, having the trusted title seems to be good. I don't see why we just don't stick with that. :)

Tuna

Reaction score
apparently, its trusted on trial. except for me. cause idk why. Personally, I think it's an eyesore.

Trap_Wolf

dam u str8 babygurl
Reaction score
Website
www.trapwolf.com
I don't think the colours on Trusted on needed. The title is long enough to be noticed in the first place. It exceeds two letters* which is perfectly acceptable for a colour and name to not cause confusion.

I don't think they need a colour at all. :I

[Op]
[ZC]
[HC]
Exception of [VetOp] of couse.

Pokemon365

Reaction score
My colour was yellow. I told avant to change it back because not many trusteds had it. Personally, i think that trusteds should go back to white.

ZombiePineapple

The Hell Raiser
Reaction score
Almost every trusted i have seen has the yellow name except for me but im glad i dont have it dont know why the others have it. Its just an eyesore that people will get sick and tired of :/

Chillingworth

Ex-Zombie VetOp | Ex-AoD Op
Reaction score
Does it really matter?
Jt is right.

Also:
1.) This should be in suggestions.
2.) No need for all of this 'eye color distraction' garbage (the science stuff). It will not harm your eyes, that's just pure bull, sorry.
3.) Instead of removing the color, change it to dark gold like Budgie said.

I'm sure if you just wrote a little paragraph summing it up, that would be better than spewing all of this nonsense :p

Swate

Llamasaur!
Reaction score
Website
www.iamawesome.com
What about a purple? I may sound weird here but purple isn't being used, I must say it stands out well (in fact, it goes really well with yellow), and I can imagine trusteds with purple names. In fact pink would be better, just that's used for IRC chat (I think).

L

Later_Gator

Trusteds aren't going to have colored names; they're going to be reverted back to white.

Friendy

SMP Overlord & Events Manager
Admin
Donor
Survival Staff
Reaction score
What about a purple? I may sound weird here but purple isn't being used, I must say it stands out well (in fact, it goes really well with yellow), and I can imagine trusteds with purple names. In fact pink would be better, just that's used for IRC chat (I think).
Ops on Primordia have Purple names and the Operators on the Forums have purple names, Which would end up confusing new-comers into thinking they are Operators.

Swate

Llamasaur!
Reaction score
Website
www.iamawesome.com
Ops on Primordia have Purple names and the Operators on the Forums have purple names, Which would end up confusing new-comers into thinking they are Operators.
Rgh. That's true....
Well, I have three other ideas:
1. Stick with gold, as other people are suggesting.
2. Change IRC Chat to a different colour and make Trusted members pink.
or 3. Just remove colour whatsoever.

Personally, I think option 3. Trust me, you can see Trusted members perfectly without colours.

kraby1

The Big Red Monster From Hell.
Reaction score
I don't mind what color the [Trusted] Is going to be in. It's just a title, nothing but that.
[Trusted]
[Trusted]
[Trusted]
[Trusted]
[Trusted]
[Trusted]
[Trusted]
[Trusted]
[Trusted]

snowma

Dwarf
Donor
Reaction score
I think trusteds stand out enough with their title.

I prefer op+ having colours purely because they are called out on problems. As refs, they should be the ones to stand out.

Meaning no offence to trusted staff or anything. :)