Xenforo 1.1.1

san00b

No.1 Admin & Founder
Reaction score
A day late, but we are now officially running Xenforo 1.1.1!

To the best of my ability, I've tried to make the upgrade as seamless as possible. I tested out as many things as I could, but it's very possible there are going to be a few issues we need to smooth out. If you find a bug, report it!

Now, some notes:
  • As I just said, it's possible there are going to be some bugs. Simply post them here with the words "BUG REPORT" at the top of the post.
  • Infractions are going to be reset! XenForo 1.1 comes with its own infraction system, which means we'll be removing the old system. Geezus once again sacrificed himself to absolve you of your sins. Do not waste this glorious gift.
Changes that matter:
  • Clicking the logo now takes you to the forums instead of the web page.
  • Clicking "Inbox" or "Alert" now takes you to their page. Simply hover over the icon to see the mini-display.
  • You can now ignore users who annoy you! There is an "Ignore" button.
Things removed:
  • The "Mark as Read" function [Broken plugin]
  • The "Twitter in Profile" function [Broken plugin]
  • The Steam identifier in your profile (Will be added back later) [Broken plugin]
Specific changelog, if you're really curious:

Nero1000

Reaction score
BUG REPORT

I cannot see the "Mark as Read" button on the "What's New?" section.

Edit by san00b: Thanks for reminding me. See the original post, function was removed.

• Winner
Reactions: Megatron

KingSam

The Head Pyromaniac
Reaction score
BUG REPORT

Is it just me that's lost the ability to collapse a section of the forums? I can't seem to collapse the old SMP and CMP sections any more. Unsure if it's a bug or just something that was removed.

Confirmed by san00b: Will look into it.

Edit by san00b: Added back in.

• Winner
Reaction score
POSSIBLE BUG REPORT

I don't know if this was intended or not... but VetOps/Ops (Not sure if Ops could do it too before) can't infract people anymore!

Edit by san00b: Not a bug. The old infraction system is still in place, but doesn't work. Once that is removed, things will go back to normal.

• Winner

GmK

International Man Of Cake
Reaction score
Are there any plans to bring back the "Mark as read" button? I used to use it when I had ghost unread threads.
Apparently you did not read the first post.

@san00b - Seeing how I made all the visual tweaks last time, I cant for the life of me remember how we got the "Head Staff Online" list to only show avatars and not the full username (to save space)

0x3c0

Donor
Reaction score
The new forums look nice - I've noticed one or two rendering issues in Opera have been sorted out. If need be, there's a bit of CSS which might revert the staff list to how it was previously:
Code:
.staffOnline .secondaryContent ul { display: inline-block; }
.staffOnline .secondaryContent ul li { display: inline; } 
.staffOnline .secondaryContent ul li  .username { display: none; }
.staffOnline .secondaryContent ul li  .userTitle { display: none; }
I've only been able to test this in IE9's developer tools, so that might not be everything needed for other browsers.

• Winner