Writing the Law of Primus

LISTINGS09

Ain't afraid of no ghost
Reaction score
Website
www.4thdp.com
Unsurprisingly, there currently isn't much in the way of any rules. This place is for members to suggest some and get some ideas to work from.

Stealing within the Family
I'm actually in favor of this, it'll teach people to keep their stuff secure... and if it does go, it hopefully goes to someone else in the family.

Areas restricted for visitors/lower ranked members?
For example; Our main city is off-limits or you can't set foot within any of our walls (assuming we have any!).

Other Family Allies/Enemies?
No comment! =P

Do we limit new members to set building areas?
Have some town/building area near the portal where new people can safely set up.

Litter Tray
The land of Primus is not yours;
Don't leave your night-shelter for another to find.
If you can't chop down the whole tree, then don't!

Roobarb Pie

Geezuslike
Donor
Contributor
Reaction score
Access to creating citadel buildings: Subject to decision by head staff of primus family (eg leader), application form must be made, replica created on CMP side to show it won't be a random building non-conforming with our building aesthetic desires.

Tyrx

Reaction score
This charter is based off an old template for a cybernations alliance I was once in although I've reworded most of it.​

I've also been dabbling with the idea of having an application process for people wishing to join Primus to protect ourselves against fly-by-night players, thoughts?​

Charter of Primus

Section I - Principles and Purpose

1. Neutrality. The family of Primus shall pursue friendly conduct towards all other families while maintaining a strict stance of political and military neutrality.​

2. Protection. The Primus family will take up arms against any hostile actions directed at individual members or at the sovereignty of the family.​

Section II - Governance

*will be finished when the governmental structure is decided upon*

Section III - Membership

1. Any individual who wishes to join the Primus family acknowledges and agrees that membership is a privilege and not a right.​

2. All members agree to uphold all aspects of the Primus charter.​

Section IV - Membership Rules

1. The land of Primus is not yours; Don't leave your night-shelter for another to find.​

2. If you can't chop down the whole tree, then don't!​

3. You not authorized to attack another player unless provoked or threatened.​

4. Existing or potential members must not attempt aiding any enemy of The Primus family while part of the family.​

Section V - Legislation

*work in progress*​

Section - Foreign Relations

1. The Primus family will not initiate an offensive war unless threatened or provoked and will not provide resources or shillings that benefit one or more families who are in a state of war.​

2.We encourage interactions between Primus family members and non-primus family members that are conducted in an honest, friendly and impartial manner. However, Primus family members will not partake in any outer-family politics or issues that do not directly involve the Primus family.​

LISTINGS09

Ain't afraid of no ghost
Reaction score
Website
www.4thdp.com
Sweet charter! I was all for an applications process, but I think we've just got to endure whomever wants to join, such as the way is the server works. This was mainly the reason I suggested for the set building area for new people.

The building in CMP is a a good plan, I planned to trial some designs there myself. =)

GmK

International Man Of Cake
Reaction score
Yes, remember that you cannot select which new players join a family.

The upside to this is, that once in a family you cannot easily switch, meaning you wont get people from other families joining yours to ruin everything.

What we can do at a later stage, is giving families the right to govern their zone into smaller zones, with building restrictions per person and such.

Reactions: turtlekingman

joethepro123

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Ah...hm.
So no attacking unlrss another attacks first?
So this happened to me...
Avantgarde shot a fireball at me :O so I retaliated in the appropriate way-kill him.
This leveled me up...
So it could be dificult hunting just mobs for exp, if you're say, a rogue, like me...
However this rule is handy i think... for stopping Primus's Citizens from preparing a large host and rushing at people.
Yes, good work Tyrx! :) Nice charter!