Would you play on a Vanilla SMP server?

Do you want a Vanilla SMP server?

• Total voters

Danni122112

The Drunk
Donor
Contributor
Reaction score
i cant adequately put into words how bored i am of vanilla anything with regards to minecraft
I can certainly agree to that, this server would be like previous vanilla server if we were to launch it, just staying around for however long epople played it.

It takes barely any work to set up a vanilla server, and there had been requests for it, so just checking interest in the community.

If 20 people want to play and have fun on it for a week or two, I mean sure.

Ogarci

Controller
Controller
Survival Staff
Reaction score
Either do it or don't do it.

Last time we had a vote to do something fun people wanted to do it but ended up doing it themselves because whoever was in charge took too fucking long to make anything happen.

Don't make a poll to gauge interest and assume that same interest will be there in a day, week while it takes a month for anything to get done.

Danni122112

The Drunk
Donor
Contributor
Reaction score
Either do it or don't do it.

Last time we had a vote to do something fun people wanted to do it but ended up doing it themselves because whoever was in charge took too fucking long to make anything happen.

Don't make a poll to gauge interest and assume that same interest will be there in a day, week while it takes a month for anything to get done.
We have already settled on the matter, we will not have a straight up vanilla server, however there will be a SMP themed event server, though it will take some time to set up, and is set to a specific date. More details will be announced closer to release.

Ogarci

Controller
Controller
Survival Staff
Reaction score
Nope, its going to be a surprise!

(more info closer to release)
So then is the poll completely ignored?

People voted for a Vanilla server. That takes no more than an HOUR to do.

Retitle your post "Do you want a smp server that's non vanilla and takes forever to set up and has hyped screenshots and release dates and continually gets pushed back with little communication with the community?" then this would be going as expected. People even had an option for a non-vanilla event and didn't vote for that.

So are you making a vanilla server or not? This thread is 20 days old.

Danni122112

The Drunk
Donor
Contributor
Reaction score
So then is the poll completely ignored?
No.
People voted for a Vanilla server. That takes no more than an HOUR to do.
People did also not vote for a vanilla server. I am completely aware of how long it takes to set up a vanilla minecraft server, as you know.

Retitle your post "Do you want a smp server that's non vanilla and takes forever to set up and has hyped screenshots and release dates and continually gets pushed back with little communication with the community?" then this would be going as expected. People even had an option for a non-vanilla event and didn't vote for that.
This paragraph makes no sense to me. I assume you are refering to our SMP server that is in development in the first part here? Our current SMP has no set release date, and has never had one, as I will not release a SMP that is not finished. I got no idea what you are going after here. The event planned will have a set release date, be finished, and more information will be released when we see so fit.

I did originally want to set up a Vanilla SMP server, and hoped for positive feedback, its easy to do, can be done quickly. However, Halloween is approaching, and the SMP event server will be halloween themed. I want us as a community to have good events, and a server for halloween that has actually been put work into seems to be preferable over our 15th Vanilla SMP server. I would do both, but having them so close would drain the fun out of SMP, as it gets repetitive if done too often.

What you said in the first post, is something I was aware of, and agree too.

I understand what you are trying to say to some extend here, but you are being overly hostile for no good reason, shooting down an event you know nothing about, instead of asking questions about it.

So are you making a vanilla server or not? This thread is 20 days old.
we will not have a straight up vanilla server
?

Ogarci

Controller
Controller
Survival Staff
Reaction score
Our current SMP has no set release date, and has never had one, as I will not release a SMP that is not finished.
Then there is no difference between the SMP that has been planned for a long time, and the vanilla-SMP that this thread was intended for. They both have no release dates, no information released about them, and have both taken too long to do.

People did also not vote for a vanilla server. I am completely aware of how long it takes to set up a vanilla minecraft server, as you know.
Can you elaborate into how you're interpreting the votes? 20 votes for a vanilla server. 15 votes for no. and 3 votes for a server thats not vanilla. How is this possibly being interpreted into anything besides a vanilla smp server?

I did originally want to set up a Vanilla SMP server, and hoped for positive feedback, its easy to do, can be done quickly. However, Halloween is approaching,
Halloween was not approaching 20 days ago when this poll was made. It's still 35+ days away.

I would do both, but having them so close would drain the fun out of SMP, as it gets repetitive if done too often.
The longer it takes for any action to take place stemming from this thread, the closer it is to the 'actual' smp server. Having them so close is a fault of the vanilla smp server that was voted for taking so long.

I understand what you are trying to say to some extend here, but you are being overly hostile for no good reason, shooting down an event you know nothing about, instead of asking questions about it.
I got no idea what you are going after here.
I'm not shooting the event down, I'm trying to actually push for something to happen. I am asking questions. Why is this taking so long to do? Why have a vote and do almost nothing with it? I sound hostile because it's silly to have these votes in the first place if it takes this long for anything to happen. How do you even know people are still interested in this?

As soon as the vote got to an adequate level, something shouldve been done then. If the vote was for vanilla, which it is, there's zero reason why it shouldn't have been released that week. If it was no, then the idea is something no one is interested in, don't bother doing it. If it was the third option, then that justifies time being spent to make it special. But that has 3 votes.

• Thank You
Reactions: Psycho and snowma

Danni122112

The Drunk
Donor
Contributor
Reaction score
I wanted to do a halloween themed event, that was more than just swapping the blocks in the lobby, what we settled for then was a SMP themed event.

This was disucsussed a couple of days after this poll was put up, and decided on that we wanted to have that event server then.

It makes no sense to put it anywhere else than halloween, as that is the theme, that is the reason for not just releasing it straight away.

If we put up the Vanilla SMP when I would have, it would be less than 6 weeks between these two events. I think that is too short for both events being fine.

This is an event that I believe people will enjoy. Not all events need to be voted on for them to do well.

To make it 100% clear, if Halloween was not that close, we would have a vanilla SMP. Now instead we will have a Halloween themed one, closer to the holiday.

Psycho

Insufficient Data
Donor
Reaction score
Don't mean to be rude, but instead of focusing on this Halloween themed SMP event, why not focus on the Main SMP and get that released by the end of November or mid-December? Timing is critical if you want enough players to join SMP especially during the holidays, though you may have to consider that some, if not most, people on here may be taking their Finals and such.

Danni122112

The Drunk
Donor
Contributor
Reaction score
I am going to spend more time replying to this thread than the bloody event server will take.

Don't mean to be rude, but instead of focusing on this Halloween themed SMP event, why not focus on the Main SMP and get that released by the end of November or mid-December? Timing is critical if you want enough players to join SMP especially during the holidays, though you may have to consider that some, if not most, people on here may be taking their Finals and such.
This event will not affect the main SMP servers release date. It will be done when its done, and while timing is important, I will not release a server that is not 100% finished, nor a server that has bugs or issues that I am aware of. If we get to december, and it is not how I want it, it will not be released.

Dess

The UmbreOp
Reaction score
Can we have an update on this? Last I heard this thing was supposed to be coming "soon". If the definition of soon we are going by is on halloween that isn't even close to us. I'm going to be entirely frank and say that at this point I know it is a werewolf and vampire server especially with it being "halloween themed". While yes that server was fun to play on the point of this poll was to see if we wanted a VANILLA smp which did win the poll. Like i'm sorry but if this is going to take another month to come out then honestly what is the point because then the real smp would hopefully be right around the corner.