Worlds greatest shave!

cooliorules

That Awkward Noodle
Donor
Reaction score
Hiya there!

So, earlier this year I did the worlds greatest shave, but me being me didn't shave but dyed it. I love my hair too much to get rid of it. Anyway, I had a target of AU$100 which I didn't quite make, but was still happy with my outcome.

With another year approaching, signups for this event have begun, and I have signed up to do it again!
A bit of explanation about the event:
On the 13-16th of March, 2014, people will be either shaving or dying their hair to raise funds to go towards the Leukaemia Foundation, which is an awesome charity that helps with the research of Leukaemia (Blood Cancer) as well as supporting families of those affected by this.

So what's the thread about?
I'm here, to ask that if anyone here has any spare money that they would like to donate, I would appreciate it so much! The link to donate to me is http://my.leukaemiafoundation.org.au/caitlinlavender
I have a goal of AU$200 this year, in the hope that some lovely people here will also support me.

Of course, if you don't donate it's completely understandable, you don't know me personally (well, most people here). The money doesn't go by me whatsoever, unless you're donating real cash. It is handled by the Leukaemia Foundation, so I can't steal any of it.

I hope some people will support me, and if you do, thank you so much! It will mean a lot to me, and the families across the world that it may help.

Oh and of course, there will be photos to prove I did it.
And also, I do have permission for this from Sploorky and Baker93.

Thanks for reading! ^_^
~cooliorules/Enemy_NPC

cooliorules

That Awkward Noodle
Donor
Reaction score
This is really nice of you! c:
My friends and I like to cut our hair to donate for kids with cancer as well! You should be proud of what you're doing, this is a great cause you're contributing to.
I absolutely love doing it, because people will be like "why's your hair that colour" and I'll be like "Oh, I'm doing this thing like, you can donate if you want!" and stuff c:
I'm definitely going to be doing for some time to come

• Love
Reactions: Suikae

cooliorules

That Awkward Noodle
Donor
Reaction score
2 months until I do this, colour is between blue and pink. Still choosing! :)

I have actually raised some money, as I've put little boxes in 2 different shops of my mums clients, and apparently they are feeling fairly heavy. I haven't had any online sponsors as of yet.

A huge thank you if anyone does donate! :)

• Love
Reactions: Notme

Suikae

Dat Typo Queen
Reaction score
My friend is really interested in doing this! Although her parents wouldn't let her shave all her head, she was able to shave half of her head, dye, and cut her hair for people/kids with cancer! She also participated so far in 3 marathons for the cause as well!
It's nice to know that you and others are so geared towards helping others! I'm sure they appreciate it! c:

cooliorules

That Awkward Noodle
Donor
Reaction score
My friend is really interested in doing this! Although her parents wouldn't let her shave all her head, she was able to shave half of her head, dye, and cut her hair for people/kids with cancer! She also participated so far in 3 marathons for the cause as well!
It's nice to know that you and others are so geared towards helping others! I'm sure they appreciate it! c:
Oh wow :) I guess it sort of comes through the family, when I was in year 1 or 2 in primary school my mum shaved for the exact same event that I've dyed it the past two years :)

Shinyshark

Professional innuendo creator/finder.
Reaction score
I'd look like a dork if I shaved my head and dying my hair would be even worse. I dunno, I want to help but I don't want to shave my head, dye my hair or give away money (I really need it at the moment).

Is there any other ways to contribute?

cooliorules

That Awkward Noodle
Donor
Reaction score
I'd look like a dork if I shaved my head and dying my hair would be even worse. I dunno, I want to help but I don't want to shave my head, dye my hair or give away money (I really need it at the moment).

Is there any other ways to contribute?
When in doubt, you can always share the link. That gets it out there more, and it can get to people who DO have the money to donate or even take part :)

• Thank You
Reactions: Shinyshark

cooliorules

That Awkward Noodle
Donor
Reaction score
I really wanna dye my hair with you but its too dark
Bleach it, or you can lighten it by using a hair lightener dye until you get it to a good shade to dye! c:
She's not allowed to bleach it. I'm hardly allowed to, either.

And Toilet, you said that before on the thread T.T

• Sad
Reactions: Suikae

cooliorules

That Awkward Noodle
Donor
Reaction score
(Sorry for double post)
So I've just tallied up some donations from a little deli my mum works at, and I've now raised $62.10!

EDIT: As of today, I've now raised more then 50% of my targert (56% to be exact)! Yay!
As I said, any donations, no matter how small or large, I am more then grateful for!

Last edited:
Reactions: std1997

cooliorules

That Awkward Noodle
Donor
Reaction score
And it's done! My hairdresser and I changed a lot of ideas as we were doing it, and this is what it came out as! (she also curled it because why the heck not)
So, another year of worlds greatest shave! You are welcome to donate still, so you aren't too late! Thank you for any of you that have donated C:

• Winner
Reactions: Zelz and MiyakoWolf

MiyakoWolf

(Miyako)
Reaction score
And it's done! My hairdresser and I changed a lot of ideas as we were doing it, and this is what it came out as! (she also curled it because why the heck not)
So, another year of worlds greatest shave! You are welcome to donate still, so you aren't too late! Thank you for any of you that have donated C:
Its so pretty! ;-;