Fixed WorldEdit fails to work with NBT data

TheArchiteck

Spook!
Donor
Reaction score
Website
blackcon.wikidot.com
Description of Bug:
This might be out of you folks' control, but WorldEdit has stopped replicating/adjusting NBT information concerning signs, heads, and other entities. It used to do so, but has ceased for unknown reasons. This primarily impacts the quallity of WorldEdit functions such as //paste and //rotate.

Specific Instances:
1. Signs do not transfer written information. Pasted sign instances are left blank.

2. Player Head instances do not retain their form after paste, and are either rendered as skeleton skulls, or sometimes not rendered at all (left as invisible skull placeholders).

3. Entities such as item frames and armor stands fail to recognize //rotate. If a rotation is performed, they are left facing the original direction whilst the build has moved around them. This is particularly fatal for item frames.

4. Instances of beds and banners lose their specific coloration (and sometimes suffer from invisibility similar to the heads) after being pasted.
{/td}

Evidence:
Original Instance

After only //paste

After //rotate 90 and //paste

Steps to Reproduce:
Go on EscRestart Create. Go to a location where you may build and use WorldEdit, such as a plot or a flat world. Place down some entities, or anything that uses NBT data. Encircle these entities within a WorldEdit selection. Run the command //copy. Move out of the way of the original structure, and run the command //paste. Move out of the way again, run the command //rotate 90, and then run //paste once more. Observe the differences between the three versions.

Last edited:
Reactions: Psycho
D

Deleted member 4601

I believe instance #3 has been a problem with worldedit for quite a while now, with worldedit messing up orientation with several items when rotated, first observed with banners. This is probably unrelated to the other 3 problems - if I remember correctly, those worked as expected back in 1.9 and 1.10.

FreakyCupcake

Discord Director, SMP Mod
Reaction score
As far as i'm aware, I've managed to fix all four issues. I've tested out copying/pasting and rotating beds, signs, item frames (and item frames with objects inside of them), skulls and beds and they all seem to work fine now. Let me know if there's any issues though!