~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

• Name of Map: Wooden Fortress
  • Intended Gamemode: Survival
  • Creator(s): Miyaks
  • Size: 98 x 100
  • Biome: Mushroom
  • Screenshots, including timer areas (Use default texture pack!) :

• Any block that you prefer to be no-break or no-drop?: No-drop: Iron bars

If anyone can think of a better name for this map let me know :p I had difficulty trying to come up with one.

Last edited:

Mastersten

In Omnia Paratus
Reaction score
Hi Maethia, thanks for this map submission.
The map surely looks very nice but the name wooden fortress doesnt really fit the design, I would say name it Wooden Library or an highschool-ish name but that's just like my opinion.

Looking at it from the 3 perspectives worried me a bit,
The design and aesthetics are very nice and it surely is very creative made but the whole wooden design worries me a bit, during calm rounds people can gather some dirt from the bottom but during annoyed and angry rounds, best thing people can do is just wait in spawn for someone to build a spawnhouse or just stay there the whole round. Sadly I can't see if you got stone under the dirt layer so my vote will be a [BCOLOR=#808080]0[/BCOLOR]. however I will change it if you add a bit more blockdiversity in structure.

MiyakoWolf

(Miyako)
Reaction score
Thanks Mastersten! There is stone under the dirt ;) I tried to make it more block diverse but it ended up looking weird. I can try to change the design up a bit and see if I can come up with anything though.

As for the name - its horrible I know. It was just a temporary thing so I could post the thread. I'm still stuck on a name right now to be honest but i'll keep thinking. If you guys can think of anything better among yourselves feel free to change it.

Edit: I thought of an idea for the design. I'll update the screenshots when i'm finished! ♥

Last edited:
Reactions: Mastersten

MiyakoWolf

(Miyako)
Reaction score
So, I updated the screenshots and changed up the map a bit! Also added 1.9 blocks c: The old screenshots are still there, so you can see the difference if you want to :3

superhalo6

Reaction score
IMO, this is a nice map, but for some reason, it feels like it would be more suited to AoD (possibly)

Depending how timers work, the wood melting could cause notable amounts of lag.

Currently, I would give this a +0, only because it doesn't seem suited for RoF, despite being a nice build.

Velzerat

Drink up baby, stay up all night
Donor
Reaction score
I think this map wouldn't really work on RoF. It looks nice, but it's mainly one big structure. It would definitely never work on Survival, and even as a Classic map I think it would be a risk. -1

MiyakoWolf

(Miyako)
Reaction score
I've only been on aod 2 or 3 times since i joined here so no experience with it. If this would be a good map for it then great, but i'd need someone to help me with it.

Thanks for the feedback ^-^

Vatumok

Former CA
Reaction score
Vatumok I was thinking about an infection map
I see what you mean, would be fine using this map on AoD but right now it's probably not fit for infection (or maybe zombie) yet. Ladders aren't great in inf and it looks like you can easily run around in circles leaving the first zombie chanceless. Perhaps you two can work together to make the map more AoD friendly if you want to go in that direction.

Reactions: MiyakoWolf