IC Wonderful Minds

Reaction score
Kait couldn't process anything. So much seemed to happen in such a short amount of time. She couldn't help but picture an hourglass, before someone smashed the sides of it, causing time /sand/ to go faster then needed. Regaining herself after being dragged around and being harassed by shadows among other things, she looked around their new location, studying the area's detail. Kat seemed horrified by something, Kait felt like she could see something, but ultimately to her, nothing seemed to be there.
Releasing her [apparently according to the bear 'iron'] grip on the bear, it pieced together it's composure, it seemed to have been fully aware of whatever it was that had caused Kat to break down, hugging the princely figure. Kait was already in no mood to speak with anyone, at this point, whatever it was her sister had seen seemed to weigh on her own heart. Another man approached them, causing her to shrink away from them slightly, bear seemingly torn for a moment over choosing which twin to go with, though chose Kait, looking slightly guilty for leaving Kat with a 'stranger'.
The prince gave this man their names without hesitation, the bear examined the new man, Kait picking the partially tattered creature up, it's fur slightly matted from being dragged about like it was still a toy.

((@People))

Enderfive

sarcasm incarnate
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Isaac

"I'm okay," I said and then noticed Alex's wincing and the gash that ran along Lucas' body. "But you two most definitely aren't. Maybe it'd be better for us to wait here for a while and try to figure things out, plus we'd get some rest."

Last edited:

Timdood3

Mafia Host
Reaction score
After his latest outburst, AJ had taken a rest. He'd ended up dozing off, and when he woke he found he was, to his surprise, still in the same place. At least the scenery isn't changing constantly. He stood and noticed that the ground around him wasn't even as it'd been before. He knelt and reached out to touch one of the small hills, but it seemed to slink away from him. It was quite amusing to manipulate the ground like this, and he molded the dirt into all sorts of shapes. He'd been idly pushing it around when the idea struck him. He could bend the earth just as he'd tried to the pillar.

And so he did....Attempt. He willed the earth to rise in another pillar beneath him, and as he rose, he could feel himself moving, but his surroundings didn't change. He looked up and could see not the top of the pillar that was his goal. He just kept rising...And rising...And he looked down. And the pillar fell. Both fortunately and unfortunately, it had been a vision, a dream. He hadn't left the ground at all. And so went his last chance of reaching the sky.

Giving up his personal quest for now, AJ set out to look for others. Maybe he'd come across Sage again or something. Or more likely, come across someone new.

CaffeinatedKitty

Intoxicated Feline
Reaction score
He falls behind me, struck in the back by another spike. But still he yells for us to run, somehow getting back to his feet and running the other direction. All of us follow. I don't know what's happening anymore-
-and the scene changes; now rather than open space it's a sterile gray-and-white room, but we don't stop. There's a door on the far end of the room, and that's where he's headed.
I glance up.
'The ceiling's closing in on us.'
"..!"
Panicking, I will myself to go faster.
But before I can even think of reaching the door, the ceiling is far too close for me to stand. Making a last-ditch effort, I dive to the floor-

and land face-first in shallow water.
Spluttering, sand scraping at my hands and knees, I climb to my feet. It's dark here, but not foreboding as it had been earlier- it's only nighttime. The only light comes from the hotels behind me; clouds blot out the glow of the moon and stars.
The water's warm, and the only sound is the waves lapping at my ankles.
I'm not wearing shoes.
With that realization comes one that everything about me has changed back to real life.
Right before I figure out just where I am.
I freeze.
No.
No.
Already, I have to blink away tears.
'Why this...?'
This dream had quickly turned into a nightmare, and I don't think it's getting better any time soon.
What do I even do here? I don't even know exactly what happened, and nothing I do is going to change real life...
...but I guess I can still try.
"Alyssa?"
I slowly turn in place, trying to see if she's anywhere on the beach. She isn't.
'Maybe I'm wrong...'
"Sage?!"
Sharply, I look back out at the ocean.
There!
A bright spot against the dull water, she struggles to swim to shore.
"Alyssa!"
It's not deep enough here for me to swim, but mere feet later and it drops off.
"Alyssa!"
I gasp in a breath and start swimming.
"Hold on!"
It's raining now. The wind is picking up; the waves are getting bigger. I can't imagine how much harder this is for her, twelve years old and always smaller than me.
'Come on, come on, just go faster!'
I glance up.
'Not much farther...'
Thunder crashes overhead, signaling the moment when the clouds open up and the rain really starts to pour. It's hard to see, but already she's close enough for me to touch.
I grab her hand and pull her closer. "Come on, I've got you."
I start to turn to swim back, vision blurring with happy tears this time-
but then everything shatters
and I start to fall.

Last edited:

Toiletprincess

The Eternal Dinosaur
Reaction score
She stood, rolling her shoulders back and brushing a strand of her hair from her face. "I'm fine," she said softly, looking at Lucas, "and it looks like he was just winded by the impact, the injury is healing pretty fast."
"Plus," she added, looking around, "I don't think staying is a good idea, this looks pretty serious. Like a maze. Or a labyrinth."
The girl blushed, looking down and letting her red hair cover her even redder cheeks, "I-if that's okay w-with you guys that is.." she muttered quickly, cracking her knuckles nervously.

((S_swimmer Enderfive ))

CaffeinatedKitty

Intoxicated Feline
Reaction score
I land hard on my knees. I don't bother getting up, though I can feel that everything's gone back to as normal as possible.
"Alyssa..."
I was so close...
Tears run down my face.
'Shouldn't I be waking up...?'
Breath coming in short, sharp gasps, I squeeze my eyes shut.
'This is a dream. This is a dream. Come on, wake up, you've got homework to do!'
Opening my eyes, I look up and around. I'm back in the very first part of the dream. One could say it's a start, but normally it's not this hard for me to wake up from a lucid dream.
But then, I already knew this wasn't normal.
"Ugh..."
I get to my feet, pressing a hand to a pillar for support. Just the fact that it's there isn't helping, and all of a sudden I understand why Isaac seemed so angry.
This is a dream, it's supposed to be in my head... Yet I can't control a thing about it.
I ball my hand into a fist and slam it against the pillar.
"WHY CAN'T I WAKE UP?!"

Timdood3

Mafia Host
Reaction score
AJ continued his mopey journey...On the ground. I've always wanted to just fly away from my troubles. Every dream I've had has had a flying something...Ugh. All I ever wanted was- AJ's thoughts were rudely interrupted by a shout nearby. He recognized the voice: Sage. Re-energized, he ran to the source, albeit cautiously. He peeked behind a pillar and immediately on the other side was Sage. "So...Looks like we're back where we started. What did you get up to after the whole...well...tentacle ordeal..?

Timdood3

Mafia Host
Reaction score
"I didn't fare much better. . .So...What do we do from here?"
AJ walked his way around the pillar to get a better look at his friend. Sage looked like he'd been crying. Great.
AJ could feel the dragons on his arms begin to writhe, as if reaching out to Sage. He dismissed his previous question, opting rather to simply place a hand on his shoulder. The red dragon coiled itself around AJ's bicep and sprung out toward Sage. A bit aggressive there, buddy. Chill the fuck out.

When the dragon reached Sage's shoulder, it bit him, piercing the skin and leaving it dripping with ink. "Holy shit!" That was nothing like he was expecting. "Fuck, I'm so sorry. Are you ok?" AJ quickly took several steps back, shaking his head.

CaffeinatedKitty

Intoxicated Feline
Reaction score
"What is there to do?"
My voice cracks on 'is' and I cringe.
He puts a hand on my shoulder, apparently trying to be comforting. If there's anything I'm not used to, it's other guys acting like this...
"Ow!"
Something bit me?
I clamp a hand to my shoulder, wheeling around. "What the hell?"

Timdood3

Mafia Host
Reaction score
AJ continued apologizing profusely for his accidental blunder.
Suddenly an image imposed itself in AJ's mind: Two people in water, probably the ocean. One of them was Sage, and another was a girl. AJ spoke in short, concise phrases, making sense of what had just occurred. "This is going to sound really weird. But my tattoo just bit you. And read your mind. I don't fucking know how. Or why. I don't know what I was expecting. But that was not it. But I understand. Who was she?"

CaffeinatedKitty

Intoxicated Feline
Reaction score
"Your tattoo... bit me." Well, it fits right in with this dream's determination to screw with me. What can I say? "And you read my mind."
Yeah.
This is weird, but not entirely unbelievable.
Slumping a little, I sigh. No use in stalling. "That was my sister. The dream twisted my memory and let me think I could save her this time."

Timdood3

Mafia Host
Reaction score
AJ leaned against the pillar. "I'd like to tell you that I knew how you felt. That I know everything will turn out alright. But I'd be lying. I did lose my mother, but I was glad to see her go. And the way things have been going, they might not end well. But it best not to dwell on the negatives, or even the past. We're here now, and we've got to find a way out. If there's one thing I'm afraid of in here it's growing complacent and not wanting to get out."

CaffeinatedKitty

Intoxicated Feline
Reaction score
"How can I not dwell on it?"
I groan, pacing back and forth. "Not to mention, how could any of us become complacent with this when it seems intent on tormenting us?"
Rubbing my temples, I grit my teeth. "None of this makes sense. It's just now hit me that absolutely nothing is okay right now, and frankly there's probably no way we can get out of here!"
I gesture to the landscape around us. "See this? None of this is real. Fucking everything here for me is an illusion. Dreams have always been an escape, but this? This is just a cage. We're not in control here. I'm not even sure what we can do to try to get back in control."
Barely able to hold back another flood of tears, I thread my fingers through my hair. "Hell, we probably are all dead and just don't know it. Wouldn't that be just peachy? A perfect end to this miserable excuse for an existence." Seething, I tighten my grip. Blood- or whatever it really is, the color's all wrong- runs down my arm and drips from my elbow. Apparently tattoos have needles for teeth.
"So yes, I'd love to get out of here sometime in the next week, but mind explaining how we're supposed to do that?!"

Timdood3

Mafia Host
Reaction score
In Sage's pessimism, AJ starts to lose his cool. But he holds it together for a little while longer. His tattoos are still squirming. Fun. AJ walks up to Sage and tightly grips his shoulders. "Listen to me. We will get the fuck out of here. Maybe we are fucking dead. But the state of our bodies obviously isn't affecting the state of our minds." AJ is smiling, but it's not happiness, it's crazy. "I've made a good few attempts at escaping. I'm still here, so as you can see, I haven't been successful." His smile gets wider and he starts blinking frequently and forcefully. His grip on Sage's shoulders was tightening. "We can control this world, but only the parts of it that it let's us control." His breathing gets sharper. His tattoos get tighter and writhe more quickly. "I have an idea." AJ looks Sage dead in the eye with the look of a madman. The black dragon sprung forward and sunk its teeth into Sage's shoulder, just below his neck. And through that bite was transmitted a vision: Flight. They could ride the dragons up into the sky and they'd be free.

AJ releases his grip and takes a step, now totally calm. He cracked his neck and his knuckles. "I know that probably hurt, I'm sorry. But what do you think?"

CaffeinatedKitty

Intoxicated Feline
Reaction score
"...crazy."
It's the first, and admittedly most truthful, response I think of. Flying away on the dragons...?
Ugh, it's ridiculous how dramatically my emotions are changing. At least I'm not completely losing it like he seems to be.
"Are you quite sure that would be safe, though?"
Maybe it'll work. I just wish there was a better- and more controlled- way to do this.
I bite my lip, looking away, and cross my arms. "And frankly, I don't think "up" equals "out" here."

Timdood3

Mafia Host
Reaction score
AJ throws his arms out and laughs maniacally. He's clearly losing it. He had it just a moment ago, and now it's gone. Again. "You're right, it is insane! And probably incredibly dangerous. But are you really afraid of dying in a dream?" At this point, AJ is slowly walking and spinning around in circles, for whatever reason. "And really, do you have any better ideas?" Slowly at first, AJ starts to reel it back in. Whatever "it" is. "Everything in all horizontal directions is exactly the same. The only directions that are different are up and down. Think about it. Do we really want to go down? Let me tell you, I was down just a little while ago, and while it was nice, it was not helping." He had it...aaaand it's gone. "But up. Up is the path of least resistance. Unless you can convince me that going far enough in one direction will help us, up is the way to go. Though there is one small issue." Hey look, sanity is back again. "These dragons are tattoos. And can't fly. Fuck."

"And just like that, back to square fucking one." AJ let out a sigh and let himself fall back hopelessly to the ground. Like a trust fall. But with no one behind him. He hit the ground with a thud, but he didn't care.

Timdood3

Mafia Host
Reaction score
"I- Not really. I don't think I've ever been ok. I don't normally swing this crazily in and out a sanity- No pun intended. But I didn't exactly come from a loving home with a friendly atmosphere. On the contrary, I loathed being home. So much so that one day I just didn't go back. Found myself in a bad but slightly better place: Illegal street fighting. At there there I had a friend or two to watch my back." AJ paused, unsure why his words were relevant, before mumbling to himself. "I wonder how they're doing right now..." AJ could only hope that Percy being stabbed was contained strictly to the dream. He stood up. "Let's just- uh....Fuck, I don't know. Figuring out why the fuck why my tattoos are twisting and writhing around might be a start. I don't know how it'd help us out of here though."