[Withdraw] Da_Jinks application for a Op trial.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Da Jinks

Political Nerd
Reaction score
Ingame username: Da_Jinks.
Rank requested: I'm requesting a Operator trial.
Would anyone be willing to reference you: Not at the moment. I'm asking some players right now.
What do you think your position entails: I think it requires me to be active, helpful and willing to explain things to newer players. Including going in depth about the rules, how to do certain things and basically just answering any questions given. I also think it requires someone willing to take the time and effort of looking into every reported rule breaker/bug in the server.
Given the likelyhood there are "other" canidates for this position - Why should we pick you? I have a good about of expierience playing survival on Minecraft and specifically on this SMP server. I also am a Trusted on the Zombie Survival server, giving me overall expierience on staffing. I'm also quite active and normally can be on when other Op+'s can't.
What achievments are you most proud of: Becoming trusted on the Zombie Survival server, become head/getting positions for a few major clans in another game (Since resigned from all positions) and having a extensive knowledge of Weather and having predicted some storm outbreaks using my regular radars/info.
You're given 6 months to live - What do you do: Spend time with my family, play Minecraft and do a few different smaller things I've always wanted to try (Set up a few ideas I got, etc.)
How much time did you spend on this application? Do you think it's enough: I spent about a half a hour to a hour on it and feel that was enough.

LagWarrior

SMP Veteran Operator
Reaction score
Sorry, Da_Jinks, but I have to go against this application.

I rarely see you in-game, but that can be due to timezones(?). But when I do see you on, you really never help out or assist others. I have checked some logs of you socializing; however, there is no instance of you reaching out.

IQD

why we can't have nice things
Contributor
Reaction score
Agreed with LagWarrior, and I'm probably gonna say it's due to timezones. I've maybe seen you once or twice on the server, not nearly enough to form a legitimate opinion, so for now, against.

chris360kss

Titless
Reaction score
I havr to agree with Lag and Clock on this one, I rarely see you online (timezones probably) and when I do see you online you do not stck out from the crow at all.

Da Jinks

Political Nerd
Reaction score
Thank you guys for reading my application. I will admit first: I've only seen you guys a handful of times on the server. And I'll admit sometimes I'm not the most helpful (I go AFK quite often sometimes) but I feel I could be helpful as a Op if given a trial. Again thanks for reading :)

Jinks.

Marnixxie

Hippo
Reaction score
Personally, I think you will be fine on the Operator rank at some point.
But with an experience of 16 hours in the past 3 weeks, and mostly socializing with your allies/your own clan.
It would be best if you take some longer time before applying.
I can see the issue of you seeing almost none of the staff members, but to say at least, I see you and I watch your actions.
And I am willing to go for a trial for you at some point, but just about a few more weeks, I personally find this a little bit too soon-ish.

On a side-note, staff, tell your opinion about Da_Jinks, only 3 (excluded myself) staff members gave their opinion yet so far.

Da Jinks

Political Nerd
Reaction score
1 note on the 16 hours in 3 weeks: I've been off the server for about a week and a half/2 weeks. (Or may have only been 1 week... I suck at timeing it. Feels like so long!)

Though thank you guys, I think I will close this up and try later. I'll try and learn as much as possible in the next couple weeks as I can :)

Marnixxie

Hippo
Reaction score
I will note this as a withdraw, and I suggest to wait at least 2-4 weeks.
Try to help out when possible and assist as well.
Look a bit what the staff does, and hopefully you get to see more than just a handful and only for a few minutes!

Status
Not open for further replies.