Wisteria's City Application

Status
Not open for further replies.

RyanDodd

Ex - Army of Darkness Director
Reaction score
City name: Wisteria
City theme: Simplicity (Smooth Sandstone, Lapis Lazuli, and Stone Brick)
Introduction of your city:
Before the great Wisteria tree there was a desert oasis. It is said that everything returns to it's roots...
The Wisteria tree was long dead. The wood had been used, destroyed, recycled, and then used again. The town that was a symbol of hope to our people had become stale. The leaders decided that that was unacceptable - they renewed the entire town with a new theme (which, in fact, reflected on the roots of Wisteria), new members, and a better outlook.
The town that symbolized beauty, creativity, and simplicity had been restored to all of it's former glory (and then some). With the theme settled, the members happy, the expansion going well, and new building popping up everywhere, it seemed there was but one logical next step for Wisteria:
City.
The approximate coordinates of the center of Wisteria: -1130, 520
Members:
ryandodd (Wisterian Leader/Founder)
Terre936 (Wisterian Leader, not technically, but helps make big decisions)
Storm886
Shocker6666
ChoasLego
Zack27999
PulZe15
Hunter27a1 (Wisterian Leader)
Rose87
_CaptainCake
RevlisJ
Eeveon
Kattzen
hpesoj8
hiccup4431
dylaned
DSIGameMaster
ivanada123
Winner87956
TheJanHenrik16
GingerOnAMission
Pikmon2
AriochIsVengance
sharkeyster
Kallie_S
Shopkeepers: Three, we will discuss items and prices if we are accepted.
Portal: Portal to Carthage
Region-benefit: None
Preferred tag: We'd like to keep our current tag.
Screenshots of the city: Wisteria City Application Album, Livemap View, Additional Images of Wisteria (Imgur did something weird and there are duplicates of the images in the 'Additional Images of Wisteria' album)
Why should your city be official:
I believe Wisteria should be a city because of our members, our growth, and our commitment to the new theme. We are a hardworking group of people who try our best in everything Wisteria-related. Admittedly, changing the theme of a built town is no easy task, but we have accomplished that for the most part, and will constantly work to ensure that everything 'just works.' Our members have been growing since we applied for town. We have even weeded out most, if not all, of our inactive members and the member count is still up! We are working on roles for our most dedicated members so that they have a greater part in the success of our town. Our new theme (smooth sandstone, stone brick, and lapis lazuli) looks fantastic. We have focused on simplicity this time around instead of having more blocks/block types just because we can. In all, I think Wisteria is a pretty great town. We have active members and by our standards, we have a pretty good theme. If we do not get accepted as a City, we will take into consideration each and every one of the suggestions provided until we are the absolute best we can be.
Thank you!

crashb23

The Rising Star
Reaction score
When I first saw Wisteria, I was pretty impressed. The redstone theme was very nice, and a lot of work appeared to have been put into it. Now, since the renovation, it is even more amazing. Your members have done a wonderful job of refreshing the place, and it shows greatly. The theme is nice, the members are active, and I like it a lot! +1 from me :)

• Love
Reactions: RyanDodd

superstein

Ex-Admin
Contributor
Reaction score
I'd like a few more pictures, but from what I see right now, it's pretty cool. I'm amazed by how the theme changed and the work put into that has been nice. I'm a little worried about the activity of your players and I think you're throwing some names in there that aren't -real- members (no homes, no sign of them being there) but if they've agreed to being in the town, it's alright.

Either way, the building is pretty cool and there's a lot of nice stuff there. And lots of horses. Too many horses. The portal hub is a really cool spot, with the shopkeepers blended into it and it being so central and built around it - that really stood out. I think Wisteria is worthy of city, good luck.

RyanDodd

Ex - Army of Darkness Director
Reaction score
I will be taking more screenshots and editing them in shortly. Sorry about the lack of pictures - it was pretty late last night when I made this and I didn't take as many as I should have.

As for the horse situation, I agree that we have too many and I'm planning horse stables once a lot of the horses are gone.

EDIT: Some members are sharing houses until the expansion is complete.

LagWarrior

SMP Veteran Operator
Reaction score
I was at the city flying around not too long ago. But I like what I saw. Like superstein said, Im a little worried about the activity of some of the members listed on the application. Though, I dont think itll be a huge problem.

+1

• Thank You

JohnOgozalek

Forever Shining
Reaction score
Took a final trip around today. Rather amazing how many changes are made in Wisteria. Something is there one day, gone the next. That can be bad in some cases, but not in this one.

The building going on is well thought, the majority of your player-base is friendly on the server and dedicated to their town - and I like the overall style and theme you guys have created. Not much to critique.

Nice work. +1

• Thank You

Oak Milk

Kill Hungry Thirsty Dead
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Whoops, sorry for the late reply, there is only one thing that bugs me about the town (that hasn't already been mentioned) and thats the oak wood floor combined with the sandstone themed houses. I'd highly suggest using birch wood when you are building as it fits much nicer with the theme you are aiming for than oak wood. At this point everything else has been said and I agree to a +1 on this occasion.

• Thank You
Status
Not open for further replies.