Accepted Willchill's Sub-forum Moderator Application

Status
Not open for further replies.

Willchill

Blocktopia's Official Octopus
Reaction score
Subforum(s) you wish to moderate: Hearthstone
Time-zone/Country of origin: AEST - GMT +10

Question - You see user and long-time administrator, Malcovent abusing his Admin powers by berating a user and insulting him publicly, how do you proceed?: I would proceed by deleting Malcovent's posts that berate and insult the user to protect the image of both the user and Malcovent. I would then send a PM to Malcovent, explaining why the posts were deleted and that the behaviour isn't okay, and then PM the user, explain why the posts were deleted and tell them Malcovent has been told not to do it again.

Question - An argument breaks out in a thread, both sides have some valid points but ultimately it is derailing the thread and starting a flamewar, how do you proceed?: I would delete the posts that begin to derail the thread and leave the more relevant ones. Then I would send all members involved a PM why the posts were deleted and ask they refrain from that behaviour in the future.

Question - A user publicly contests with your decision as a moderator, with a public post disagreeing about your decision regarding a moderator action, how do you proceed? I would reply to the post and defend my actions or apoligise if necessary. There would likely be other people that want an explanation for my actions as well, so I would keep it public, but I would delete the thread if the original poster asked.

Mock question - GmK is drunk and threatening to delete the forums, tell him your favorite joke so as to distract him:
Q: Why couldn't the blonde add 10 and seven on a calculator?

A: She couldn't find the 10 key.

Status
Not open for further replies.