Will we ever get back the 'rep' system?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chillingworth

Ex-Zombie VetOp | Ex-AoD Op
Reaction score
Just a quick question, and probably one that isn't a huge priority:

Will we ever have a rep system again like we did on the old forums? Just curious, because I found it rather fun, and it was always nice to receive complements/good wishes from other players.

Any news/opinions would be nice ;D

Chillingworth

Ex-Zombie VetOp | Ex-AoD Op
Reaction score
Says the person with....1 like.

;)
-__-

Is that the question I asked? Let's be real here. Rep was so much more. You could include personalized messages. You could go positive, negative, and even neutral with your votes. Reps gave players a sense of pride..

Likes feel phony. Facebook-like even.

Reactions: Hunter

Jayfeather

Gay Magician
Donor
Reaction score
Here's my take on it.

With Rep, we had Messages, we had +1's, and we had -1's. You could +1/-1 for a post, or without. There was, in some form, Rep Bragging, and Rep Abusing, but it was always fun for people to send messages to others.

With Likes, *As far as I know because I'm new to this* you can only Like a post, which, in all honesty, goes to their Like count anyways, but there still isn't messages, or -1's.

I'm more a fan of the Rep System, but if there is no way, or plan, to add it back in, this is a healthy alternative.

Razinao

:_;
Reaction score
You can choose not to like as easily as you can choose to like. If someone makes a helpful post in a topic, like it. If you want someone to be aware that their post has answered your question, like it.

It's less abusable than /rep and less bragable about. It also get you trophies but who wants stupid incentives?

Tyrx

Reaction score
I actually would prefer that a rep system like the old one doesn't get implemented considering we now have profile walls where people can post complements/whatever to whomever they want.

I'm probably adopting a slightly cynical attitude towards the old system because it seemed that some people just used it in the hope that they'd get another +1 rep back so they could increase their virtual epeen within the community.
Then again I may be slightly butt-hurt at the fact I didn't have much rep in the old system. :bounce:
Rep was so much more. You could include personalized messages. You could go positive, negative, and even neutral with your votes. Reps gave players a sense of pride..
Likes feel phony. Facebook-like even.
Personally I feel that the old rep system felt a little 'phony' in that people just complemented other people for the sake of it whereas with the new wall system there isn't really that potential reward as a result of posting complements so when you actually do get complemented I'd imagine it would be way more authentic compared to the old rep system.

erik1979

Reaction score
The present "Like" system will probably be here to stay, and the rep system will be gone. Can I getta, OUT WITH THE OLD IN WITH THE NEW?

115Predator

Reaction score
EPENIS BATTLE GO

I HAVE 13 LIKES, I'M BETTER THAN YOU
Omg, I looked at your avatar while reading your post and lol'd pretty hard.
I don't see how reps was abused (except when it was bugged) because you were only able to rep a user once (you couldn't stack your reps). I'm probably missing something here?

Pick Yer Poison

is a kid now, is a squid now
Reaction score
Website
itisntrocketscience.tumblr.com
Rep never really had any purpose other than to increase a number next to your username. Oh, and so that people could complain to the admins when they got one of the rare negative rep ratings. The "customized messages" were completely inconsequential, and usually consisted of "Why haven't I given you rep yet?" or a cringe-worthy pun involving the person's username. I see no reason to re-institute it.

Defiant_Blob

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
Donor
Reaction score
No one actually gave negative rep, and when they did either
A) that person had done something wrong so everyone was negging them anyways
or
B) everyone else would get made at the negative repper and negative rep him.

Status
Not open for further replies.