Where's TTT?

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Hi guys.

I would like to, once again, apologise for such a ridiculous wait for TTT, constant delays and such. I wanted to quickly explain what's taking so long because it's probably a bit frustrating not knowing what's going on and I've come to realise that I should probably make this post since I guess it can pretty easily look like I've just been lazy or something to you guys. I'll try to keep this as short as possible.

Here's a little summary of what's been going down. Basically:

- Attempted to overhaul TTT last year for a summer release date - new maps, new addons, big refresh. I tested and rated ~125 maps (did a quick count on the document I had where I listed them all along with my reviews on them), ~50 traitor/detective weapons, ~30 playermodels (which includes writing the little bit of coding for them which is SO tedious by the way), ranked them all, decided on the top maps/addons/models and implemented them into the server. I also created two drafts of the beginning of a trailer which I had planned for the release of the overhaul. All in all, I worked long and hard to try to get TTT back. But then...

- Server broke. Downloads weren't working. Got in touch with a gmod expert friend as well as gmod admins on Discord and nobody could understand my problem. Tried a different approach to the downloads. Seemed to make things worse. Tried about 10000 different approaches (okay that's an exaggeration but the real number is probably close to 25) and nothing worked. If anyone wants the details just let me know. But I spent many hours and days and weeks working on finding a solution.

- Summer ended and the server wasn't fixed. I started at University. Since I was busy with University work, and my laptop can't run gmod without overheating after 10 minutes, I decided to try to aim to work again on the server in the Christmas holidays, hoping I'd manage to fix the server and release everything in time for Christmas. Unfortunately, I had some personal issues/obstacles during the last couple of months, which caused me to fall behind on my Uni work. So when Christmas came, I spent half the time working to catch up on what I'd missed, and half the time trying to relax and enjoy myself by playing video games and hanging with friends. I could have spent the time I spent playing games and hanging out with friends, working on TTT instead, but I guess I was selfish and decided that I'd rather have some fun and in doing so try to make sure my mental state stays on the incline than spend my holidays either working on Uni stuff or working on TTT, so I'm sorry about that, but I thought it was the wisest decision.

- Present day. I'm going back to Uni in a couple days, I still haven't caught up completely on the work I missed but hopefully I'll be fine. I can't really make any promises about when the server's gonna be coming out but hopefully I can catch up on Uni work, stay on track and manage to do some work on it. Before summer ended I started a new strategy of fixing the server so I'm going to be finishing that and hoping that works. If not, Hex has given me a forum to try posting my problems on to get assistance there, and if all else fails, he's also given me a website where I can pay for someone to have a look at my files and try to sort it out for me somehow. So there's still hope! But, as frustrating as it is, I just can't promise that it will be really soon or give a specific time because I have Uni and the little pockets of freedom I had (summer and Christmas) weren't successful at reviving the server. But I'm getting a new laptop in a couple weeks so, if I do find the time during Uni (which I hopefully should once I'm completely caught up with missed work) I can work on TTT then. But I promise I'm not going to just abandon working on it.

Also, I'd like to thank you all for being so cool and chill about this whole thing. Everybody's seemed to be really patient and understanding with me and I really, really appreciate that, probably a lot more than any of you realised when you were being so awesome about it all. I know that I'd be pretty frustrated with the TTT admin who kept saying 'soontm' and never really got anywhere but you've all been really great to me so yeah, thank you very much <3

Anyway, that's it for this post, I hope it helped you understand what was going on and perhaps feel a bit less frustrated with it (if anyone was actually frustrated, I'm not sure since, like I said, everyone's been so chill). Have a great 2018. And once again, I really am sorry for the delay and the nonsense. And if anyone wants to ask me about progress or give them some updates on where we're at any time, please do.

Thanks.

Catcocomics

Reaction score
Catcocomics
I'm partially hoping this was a faulty auto-fill, but I some how doubt it due to the nature of my name.
Even if it's not, I doubt this is a serious statement.

That said, my lack of experience with Gmod servers and staffing in general would not be ideal for an immediate revival, especially while I'm working (currently solo) on a Minecraft adventure map for Realms.

I do have SOME experience in staffing a server, but it's not good:
*made into a moderator on some small-time beta 1.8 Minecraft server, had (sometimes weird) adventures until the server got over run by hackers and the owner folded immediately.
Reason for promotion: logging in almost daily and being somewhat helpful for about a week.

*made into an intern on a somewhat larger creative/factions server in Minecraft release 1.6 (or was it 1.7?), detected a reach hacker two days in, then promptly got demoted instantly back to the default rank for calling two honorless kids "scum". Haven't been back since.
Reason for promotion: winning first place in the Nodigit Olympics.

In neither case was I made to fill out an application to prove to anyone if I was worthy, or even wanting of a staff position.
All that aside, I'm really not interested in staffing, especially in the case of going straight to admin without any prior training, and if I ever were to get started, I'd like to begin with AoD for purposes of fine-tuning mob maps.