When will the server reset?!?

Would you like a reset in the near future?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Iggish

Reaction score
I (and quite a few other people) feel that Dusk Of Duscordia is getting old. The idea of Survival isn't getting old but the map itself is getting old. I think that a new reset is in oreder. It doesn't have to happen right now but in the next few months it would be nice to have a new map.
I've done some research and I asked Roobarb if the map will reset soon: He said that the ops haven't even thought of resetting it soon.
Then I asked Stretford if the map will reset soon: He said that it will be reset pretty soon.
This is REALLY confusing!!!!
-A new map would also encourage people who haven't been on in ages to come on and play.
-Some people don't like this idea because they have awesome bases and they're nestled in pretty nicely.
-But on all the old ones, others were nestled in and then the server reset.
- Plus the server is getting to the age where smp servers generally reset anyway.

Eventually the server will reset anyway. It's inevitable. So why not reset it a little earlier?

I'm attaching a poll to this because I feel a lot of people would like a reset. :D

EggNog

c:
Reaction score
Obviously we will be resetting eventually... Apologies on the confusion seemingly our staff aren't on the same page. Which I will be speaking to them about so that we don't have more confusions like this.

There have been very minimal discussions concerning a reset and currently there are no plans and as raxo said we have no plans to reset for 1.8. However, at some point of course we will need to reset that time is not here yet but, it will come someday just not this soon.

• Informative
Reactions: Iggish and Duffie

Alkatraz

Reaction score
At the end of the day, a reset would have literally no effect on the server. Sure people will play it for the first month or two, but then they'll get bored and go back to other servers.

It's not the DoD server itself which is making your experience on the server boring, it's YOU the player who is making your experience on the server boring.

77thShad

Ayy lmao
Reaction score
I won't be playing any SMP again until there is new content, JTE I made do and tried out the economy with Crucia and had fun building.

DoD I was disappointed when there wasn't actually going to be pvp protection however again I worked with what I had and with the Nighthawks we declared war on ender grinder builders and didn't have our base pvp protected.

And I was also staff which one of my best experiences on any SMP, however I was forced to resign because of school work and the fact that when I got home from school there was nobody on and I did not want to staff a single player server on weekdays and then actually have about 5-10 people on weekends.

Pretty much much what I am trying to say, another "pvp protected smp" will end up just like DoD did except even sooner after it's release. There needs to be something else rather than vanilla to hold interests longer than a month. People build their bases, mine their diamonds, and then want to use them for something. I've used all my blocks decorating a small cave under my house (prepares to find them all gone tomorrow).

Anyway what I am trying to say is a new reset alone won't satisfy my needs but new content will it doesn't even have to be pvp as I just realised I've been hinting through my post. Just something new and exciting. Solitude was fun because it was different and I'm rambling and post reply

BanSwift

Geezuslike
Donor
Reaction score
I won't be playing any SMP again until there is new content, JTE I made do and tried out the economy with Crucia and had fun building.

DoD I was disappointed when there wasn't actually going to be pvp protection however again I worked with what I had and with the Nighthawks we declared war on ender grinder builders and didn't have our base pvp protected.

And I was also staff which one of my best experiences on any SMP, however I was forced to resign because of school work and the fact that when I got home from school there was nobody on and I did not want to staff a single player server on weekdays and then actually have about 5-10 people on weekends.

Pretty much much what I am trying to say, another "pvp protected smp" will end up just like DoD did except even sooner after it's release. There needs to be something else rather than vanilla to hold interests longer than a month. People build their bases, mine their diamonds, and then want to use them for something. I've used all my blocks decorating a small cave under my house (prepares to find them all gone tomorrow).

Anyway what I am trying to say is a new reset alone won't satisfy my needs but new content will it doesn't even have to be pvp as I just realised I've been hinting through my post. Just something new and exciting. Solitude was fun because it was different and I'm rambling and post reply
Factions :3

asaechao

─═☆The Blue Bird☆═─
Reaction score
Pay2Win Factions :3
Literally all the faction servers I see nowadays are pay2win, no pay2win is one of the things I enjoy about Blocktopia. (I can't imagine a no pay2win factions for some reason.)

I agree with Alka pretty much, it's not the map that's the problem, it's people's interests in it. While a map reset will spark some people's interests as it's a fresh start (for everyone,) it'll eventually lead to people loosing interest after a while.

A map reset would be nice, really, as 1.8 can be around the corner, and seeing those new things and blocks would be cool.

• Agree
Reactions: Cstar

Notme

Self-Aware Forum AI
Reaction score
Website
escaperestart.com
Hmm maybe certain plugins would hold players for longer?

I remember, that some players got creative with certain plugins *cough* alkatraz and 666k potato farm and pigpig;wj who wanted to master all classes *cough*

I had fun with my mob grinder and beacons for example. But no one sells beacons or wither skulls >.>

Reactions: Iggish

Alkatraz

Reaction score
Whilst it hasn't been brought up in this thread in particular, a few people have said "DoD has no space left!" or "There are no diamonds left in the game". The diamond side of it, I doubt very much doubt considering Hollow bought 1400 diamonds yesterday, and NogTrog immediately sold 300 because of the higher price.

So KingSam and I thought to ourselves well how much space IS left?

Well here is a map, any obviously claimed land is in red, water in blue, free space in green and some miscellaneous roads are in orange.
Somehow I get the impression that the people using the excuse "there is no space left" are just trying to come up with any excuse for a reset rather than the simple "I just don't enjoy this iteration of SMP".