What's your favorite DS/3DS/PS3/PSP/PS2/Laptop/Wii game?

Chips

Reaction score
So what's your favorite game? My favorites would be the Assassin's Creed series/PS3, Harvest Moon Grand Bazaar/DS, Final Fantasy 7/PS2/PSP Legend of Zelda Twilight Prince/Wii and... I think that's about it. So whats your favorite game? It would help to record see your game of choice if you did:

[Name of Game]/ [Game Device] ^^

Sploorky

Reaction score
Legend of Zelda series- Amazing gameplay, usually a great story, nice music, and a wide range of things to do. My favorite of them is Majora's Mask.

Metal Gear Solid series- Though I only played the first and second game, the stealth, action, and story are great.

Sly Cooper series- Pretty much just nostalgia.

Metroid Prime- Very nice combat and exploration. I'm halfway through the second game right now, but I haven't played it in a while.

trngl3087

Reaction score
Moved to Gaming Corner because this is all about games.

Instead of just listing games, why don't you guys explain why they're your favourite? These kind of "what's your favourite _____?" threads never incite any kind of interesting discussion otherwise.

• Agree
Reactions: Mccuish

Mccuish

The Canadian Nightmare
Contributor
Reaction score
legend of zelda: i've loved this series ever since i played it on the original NES
resident evil: All i can say it that i love zombie related games and movies
tomb raider: i'm a sucker for a sexy female character and plus its an adventure/action game
pokemon: i grew up with pokemon since i was 6 and i've never stopped loving pokemon
mario: same as legend of zelda i loved mario since i played it on the original NES
donkey kong: i've enjoyed this series since i played donkey kong country on the SNES
final fantasy: i've enjoyed this series since final fantasy on the NES

Araidian

The Lucario
Reaction score
POKEMON GOTTA CATCH DEM ALL.
(And the whole Final Fantasy series/ Elder Scrolls series has been pretty pimp'n for me.)
I like to play these games because the present mild puzzles and challenges. I don't want to go hardcore after I get home from a long day.
Plus, who doesn't like pokemon? THEY ARE SO CUTE ERMAHGURD.

JKangaroo

Your Local, Neighborhood Marsupial
Reaction score
"Favorite Game(s)" would suit this thread's title better, as it pretty much includes all platforms besides the XBOX(Which I'm totally fine with as I dislike the console).

Nintendo - Pokemon and Lock's Quest : Pokemon gives a sense of nostalgia for many people, including myself. Black/White have also drawn me back into the universe with its fantastic music, story, and a fairly thought out region. It's also pretty much the only franchise I actually play from Nintendo besides Mario, because really, who hasn't played Mario?
---
Sony - Jak and Daxter Series / Sly Cooper Series ( Sploorky ) : I grew up with a Playstation instead of a Nintendo Console, so again, a certain personal attachment to the franchises. They have great story lines, and I became a fan of the more stealth / theif-like involved games because of Sly Cooper.
---
PC - Deus Ex, Age of Mythology / Empires, Civilization, Minecraft, Battlefield 2142. : Moved to PC after my Playstation days, and have been there ever since. Grew up with GOOD shooters, like the grand future Battlefield 2142, and Deus Ex. Also stayed toward the Strategy game department, though I normally cheated in many of them, and since... Which is a terrible habit and I'm glad (sort of) that games are getting rid of most of it.

No Legend of Zelda for me. Never got into it, even after beating Ocarina of Time, I felt it was very un-inspired and wasn't that exciting. I did enjoy Majora's Mask and its dark atmosphere. That had to be the strongest of the series, despite not having as good of a soundtrack. ( Again Sploorky )

Reactions: Duffie and Sploorky

OldReliable

Reaction score
N64 Harvest Moon because you give a girl your dog 250 times and she falls in love with you. Makes life easy.

The best gaming is on PC though. Minecraft!

Duffie

Reaction score
Website
duffieshirayuki.deviantart.com
Tried my best to rank by top favorites, but I swear, there are most likely some games that I loved more than what is listed, but just can't remember.

ATARI(Platforms)
Atari - Galaga

SEGA(Platforms)
Sega Dreamcast - Sonic Adventure

NINTENDO(Platforms)
Super NES - Earthbound / Mother 2
Gameboy Color - Super Mario Land
Gameboy Advance - Monster Rancher Advance 2
Nintendo 64 - Snowboard Kids
Nintendo DS - Phoenix Wright / Ace Attorney series
Nintendo Wii - Super Smash Bros. Brawl

SONY
Playstation - Twisted Metal
Playstation 2 - Ratchet and Clank series
Playsation Portable - Cladun X2

MICROSOFT
Xbox Original - Crash Bandicoot: The Wrath of Cortex
Xbox 360 - Fable 2
Personal Computer - MineCraft

APPLE
iPod / App. Store - Fruit Ninja

PHILIPS
CD-i - Shadowgate

OTHER
Arcade - Gauntlet

Super_Goku

ukoG_repuS
Reaction score
Playstation 2: Kingdom Hearts, Kingdom Hearts II, Dragon ball z budokai tenkaichi 3, Black, Harry Potter 5-7
Personal Computer: Fable 3, Saints row the third, Skyrim, Deus ex human revolution, Minecraft.
DS: Pokemon Ranger (all of them), Dragon ball.
Wii: Dragon ball: the revenge of king piccolo, Harry Potter Lego: the years 1-4, Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock.
Gameboy advance: Pokemon red ( My first pokemon game).

If I had to choose one of these games as my absolute favorite it would be Kingdom Hearts II I must have played it like 10 times and I'm still not bored of it, As a child of 10 years old it was a magical game and even after 5 years it is.

My absolute number 2 is Pokemon Ranger, I have always loved the little pokemons trying to become a rescue team. They make me me feel like a little boy. :D

And my number 3 is Fable 3, I love the graphics, The story, the choises you can make, its a really good game. that is all I can say.

Duffie

Reaction score
Website
Duffie Isn't Phoenix Wright the... the lawyer thing game that doesnt sell in stores anymore?
It doesn't? Either way, I don't buy it from stores, I use an AceKard, because I'm poor.

Finished all of the Phoenix Wright games, playing Apollo Justice now.

Playstation 2: Kingdom Hearts, Kingdom Hearts II
I would have totally added Kingdom Hearts to my favorite Playstation 2 list, because they are one of my favorite series of games, but I think it lost its touch after KH2, especially since it seems to have shied away from consoles.

I question why there isn't another game for a console, probably PS3, to continue the series, rather than a handheld. I always enjoyed using a controller instead.

wall345

Reaction score
Hmm...let me think....my favorite games would be... (thinks) Kingdom Hearts (PS2) Left 4 Dead 2 (xbox 360) Robot Uncorn Atack (PC) Just Dance 3 (xbox 360) L.A Noire (xbox 360) Assassin's Creed (xbox 360) WiiFit (for yoga, Wii) and that's it.. mainly just Kingdom Hearts I play more,( IF you Don't got it memorized) minecraft (PC):)

Duffie

Reaction score
Website
Duffie When I mean it doesn't sell, I mean that stores don't keep stocks of them anymore. They still sell online though.
No idea what you're talking about. I know lots of people who have heard of Phoenix Wright, and played it.

And of course they sold, they only started as a single game. It got so much hype, more than they thought it would, that they introduced sequels.

It wasn't even originally on the DS.

Plus, it's going to have a crossover with Professor Layton on the 3DS.

JKangaroo

Your Local, Neighborhood Marsupial
Reaction score
I might add for the DS Professor Layton. Duffie Isn't Phoenix Wright the... the lawyer thing game that doesnt sell in stores anymore?
I cannot believe I completely forgot about Phoenix Wright and Professor Layton. I mean, how could I not place two of my favorite franchises? They are great games, And I can't wait for the Phoenix Wright / Professor Layton crossover! Hopefully Capcom will not cheap out and not bring the series to the America just because the fan-base isn't as large as Japan's.

• Agree
Reactions: Duffie

Duffie

Reaction score
Website
I cannot believe I completely forgot about Phoenix Wright and Professor Layton. I mean, how could I not place two of my favorite franchises? They are great games, And I can't wait for the Phoenix Wright / Professor Layton crossover! Hopefully Capcom will not cheap out and not bring the series to the America just because the fan-base isn't as large as Japan's.
If it doesn't come to America, I demand a fan translation, like the Mother 3 fanbase did.

• Agree
Reactions: JKangaroo

Super_Goku

ukoG_repuS
Reaction score
I would have totally added Kingdom Hearts to my favorite Playstation 2 list, because they are one of my favorite series of games, but I think it lost its touch after KH2, especially since it seems to have shied away from consoles.
exactly after kh2 they kinda lost the fantasty in kh3 it more became a final fantasy game since one of the main characters in it is from final fantasy it just dissapointed me D: