What are your favorite mods?

Catcocomics

Reaction score
Any of us who play around with mod packs will know that there are just hundreds, if not thousands, of various minecraft mods. I want you to post 1 - 10 mods that stand out most to you, ordered like a top ten list (except you may do how ever many you want to as long as the list is no larger than 10 mods). This is different from the mods you are using/have used because you don't have to be presently using any of the mods, or to have even used the mod(s), but simply need to be familiar with how it works and it has to stand out to you. Please do not spam this thread with child mods, because I want to count child mods as smaller parts of the whole mod.
However, you may specify if you prefer any particular child mod in parenthesis.

So to start off, my favorite mods for minecraft:

5. Morph mod

4. The Lord of the Rings [The one on the Fellowship Mod Pack, Void Launcher]

3. Ars Magica 2

2. Dartcraft [No, this mod is not about darts.]

1. Thaumcraft 4

Interested to see all of your favorites, seeing as only you know what you prefer.
In any case, I seem to be in preference to mostly magic/semi-magic based mods.

Ltin

Mafia Host
Reaction score
I dont play alot of modded, but my favorites are:
1. Buildcraft
2. Redpower
3. Clay soldiers
4. ICBM
5. Portal gun
6. Mo' explosives
7. Dynamic elevators
Thats what I can think of now atleast, not even sure if some of these are still being updated

Fiestaguy

The man with 8 fingers.
Reaction score
Website
thebes.openshells.net
Heeey back to the 15th favorite mods thread!

TukMC
This has been one of my favorites. From the date it's been released i still have it installed now. (Well. I had it installed 'till 1.7 hit...) It's basically a heavily improved HUD. It tracks time and direction. Coordinates are always visible and you can have the chat on an "always on" function so that if you write a message you dont have to press the chat key twice. It also displays enchantments when selecting weapons. It can show weapons' durability in the classic bar, Uses left and percentages. It also logs mob kills, player kills and deaths. Furthermore it can ping you when getting a message. It can save chat logs to a .txt file on your PC. And that is SCRAPING THE SURFACE of it's functions. TukMC is amazing.

Macro Mod
Oh the dread, fear, and panic this has caused to the AoD staff. It basically binds chat messages and commands to keyboard buttons. This has proven useful in quickly yelling things like "Hunter coming from the north!". Tough this has caused some problems.
Fiestaguy has joined the game
Fiestaguy: Fire in the hole!
N00b: PLS NO STOP.