Other Welcome to Xenforo 1.5.6!

Nillbugwtw

Zombier than thou.
Community Admin
Donor
Reaction score
We interrupt your regularly scheduled downtime to bring you this important announcement.
We've (finally) managed to get the forums updated to a modern version of Xenforo. We're now running Xenforo 1.5.6, which comes with a whole slew of bug fixes, new features, and extra conflicts for the admins to fix! Some of the more impressive features include:

Two-Step Authentication: http://escaperestart.com/forum/account/two-step
You can now ensure the security of your account with 2FA, with verification codes sent accessible via your smartphone or email.
--
Enhanced Profile Post Comments: Now likeable!

--
Thread tags:

As expected, there are a variety of new forum issues as a result of this upgrade: See the dark blue bar at the top of the forums, broken user ribbons, etc. We're aware of a lot of these issues and are working to fix them, but if you find other broken bits of the forums, report them on the thread below and we'll work on patching them up.
http://escaperestart.com/forum/threads/forum-issues-report-thread.11816/page-7

Enjoy!
Nill​

Nillbugwtw

Zombier than thou.
Community Admin
Donor
Reaction score
Also...

Sorry for the email spam, everyone! When we switched as a community from Blocktopia to EscapeRestart, something got screwy in the email server, and none of the conversation emails were sent out. During the upgrade, the switch magically turned back on, and sent out thousands of emails to hundreds of users, to the point where our domain was blacklisted. Sorry about that! It was not an intended consequence of the upgrade.

Reading sent mail logs after the update.

Nillbugwtw

Zombier than thou.
Community Admin
Donor
Reaction score
EDIT: Just received another 300 messages, is this gonna keep happening?
I'm afraid I don't know why it's still sending them, I got all of mine on the first day and haven't gotten any since... it may be incrementally doing different users/additional emails as we become un- and re- blacklisted, I'm not sure.. Turning off email notifications in your preferences may fix the issue, otherwise I'm not sure :(

Reactions: Notme and Aqua